xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Full Auto Demo Dl Date Revealed  (Read 358 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo Dl Date Revealed
« on: January 12, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »

It seems IGN is reporting that a downloadable demo of the upcoming car combat game Full Auto will be available on Jan 25. This will be the same single player demo that was included in the Official Xbox Magazine's recent demo disk, but you will not have to pay to buy the magazine, hong on just a little longer folks.

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/939/

i got the demo and it is a great game, but this info are for those who are waiting for the DL.

pingrr

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »

I wish they would get the demo up a little sooner.  But I guess they just want to give more incentive to buy the game.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

I love the marketplace love.gif I think I would have bought a new game by now if it hadn't been for all these sweet demos tiding me over  biggrin.gif

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(pingrr @ Jan 12 2006, 09:38 PM) View Post

I wish they would get the demo up a little sooner.  But I guess they just want to give more incentive to buy the game.

no, they just wants you to spend £10 on a magazine  ph34r.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(redwolf @ Jan 12 2006, 04:48 PM) View Post

no one is forcing you to buy the magazine, especially at $10 an issue when you can get a years worth of issues for less then a quarter of the price

pingrr

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 02:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(redwolf @ Jan 12 2006, 04:48 PM) View Post

Thats what I ment.  I don't know why I typed game when I meant magazine.

Luckily I am somwhat patient when it comes to these things so I can wait the extra month for a Demo to com eto the marketplace.

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »

Its ecological. You dont get a plastic disc or another bulk of dead tree full of bleaching chemicals, you just take up a lil electricity and transfer it to your hdd, and save the world!

Well really I'm to lazy and cheap to go get the mags.  biggrin.gif

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 07:51:00 PM »

I have the magazine, got my first Xbox magazine from a buddy for Christmas, since he knows I have 360.
I thought it was pretty good, except there were wuite a few framerate issues.  I KNOW that they'll be fixed, though, so that's fine.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Jan 12 2006, 06:58 PM) View Post

I thought it was pretty good, except there were wuite a few framerate issues.

I thought the same thing.  

I bought the OXM mag just cause i wanted to try that demo, then when I started the game, I was sadly dissapointed.  The framerate was pathetic, and I immediately decided not to buy the game when it is released.  If the framerate issues are repaired in the retail version, I may reconsider.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 10:53:00 PM »

ive been playing full auto in 720p on my 55 inch wide hd, hours of fun, very smooth running game*

*except ONE time for some reason the game just totally tanked down to like 5 fps, maybe worse, i actually had to restart the system to get it fixed. but only that one time.  

Im still not sure if im going to buy it, the destruction is awsome, the racing is mediocre and i really dont dig guns in a racing game, i reallly thought i would like but its not clicking with me, definatly a renter though.  some the the explosions and what not are a sight to be seen, awsome.

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 08:09:00 AM »

Now I'm worried about the frame rate, as you never know if the people talking about it are even good at noticing those things (like having a debate about how poorly quake4 runs is useless as people will deny it to their graves and think its the best game ever).

It will be interesting to see if its just a clear show stopping bug like hamwbone described or actual slowdown theyre unlikely to fix.

btw six new screens http://ve3d.ign.com/

mark_in_2k

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »

I wonder if the demo from Marketplace will be the same as the OXM demo.

When you think about it, they would have had quite a few weeks to work on the game since the OXM mag was printed. Perhaps we'll see a cleaner version, maybe even a different track and cars?

Have to wait and see.

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 09:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Jan 13 2006, 03:58 AM) View Post

I have the magazine, got my first Xbox magazine from a buddy for Christmas, since he knows I have 360.
I thought it was pretty good, except there were wuite a few framerate issues.  I KNOW that they'll be fixed, though, so that's fine.

Overall it ran fine for me, during times where lots of stuff was going on the framerate dropped a bit.  That only happens a few times and im sure that will be fixed in the final game.  The game looks great and i think i will download it from the marketplace even though i have the OXM disc.  Id rather be able to just boot it up from my xbox rather then getting up and puting in the disc lol I love the marketplace, its a great way to sample games before you buy them and best of all its free!!!  Not to mention the great movie previews.

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 09:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(mark_in_2k @ Jan 13 2006, 04:44 PM) View Post

I wonder if the demo from Marketplace will be the same as the OXM demo.

When you think about it, they would have had quite a few weeks to work on the game since the OXM mag was printed. Perhaps we'll see a cleaner version, maybe even a different track and cars?

Have to wait and see.

Yes, its confirmed to be the same demo. I think its gonna be a great game. That demo has been around for a long time(i played it on 11/21)! Im sure they will work out the F/R issues and make all of us VERY VERY HAPPY. I got mine on preorder and was also told i will receive a FULL AUTO FACEPLATE for preordering! BEST.......VALENTINES.........DAY.........EVER!!!!!!!!!!!(FNR3 + FA!!!!) love.gif

alsybub

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 10:00:00 AM »

I played the demo a few times. Just seems like a cross between Twisted Metal and Burnout to me. Very limited.

Next

EDIT:  I just remembered Wreckless from when the Xbox came out. This looks and feels the same to me but with guns. Also Wreckless was one of the worst games I have ever played. A bit of a shame because at the time nothing was close graphically.
Pages: [1] 2