xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Full Auto Demo?  (Read 300 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo?
« on: January 03, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

it is in the january issue of the OXM demo disk.  hopefully it will be available for download over LIVE.  great game and a whole lot prettier then i originally thought it would be.  i bet if it sells well it will be one of the most popular games on LIVE.

deakphreak

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »

Yea its a great game and turned out better then i thought it would.  The demo runs a little sluggish at times but overall is a great looking game. All the stuff you can crash into amazes me.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 10:48:00 AM »

yes, it is pretty slick.  I have managed to destroy everything on the map.  You crash into everything and it is really a lot of fun.  Much better than I could have imagine and yes I got it with January's OXM.

prankfurter

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo?
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »

a fun thing to do with the demo if you have two controllers:

both controllers can control the car so pick a friend and decied who is driving and who is shooting then one person drives the other can aim and fire the missles and machine guns...

loads of fun

IronestMaiden

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo?
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »

i dont think this game is on live tho,mite nto be worth the buy

tonloc79

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo?
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(IronestMaiden @ Jan 3 2006, 11:32 PM) View Post

i dont think this game is on live tho,mite nto be worth the buy

Theres no way this game wont be on LIVE, cmon!

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo?
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »

I guess I'm the only one here who wasn't impressed with the OXM demo.  Honestly I thought it was a terrible excuse to put guns on Burnout-esque cars.  Maybe my expectations were too high.  I love how much shit blows up on screen, but the explosions are pussified and the car models/damage are dull.  The Unwreck seems awfully gimmicky too.  Maybe it'll get cleaned up before launch.  Still has 2 months to go...  Kinda early for a demo to be out if you ask me.

tonloc79

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo?
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Jan 4 2006, 12:43 AM) View Post

I guess I'm the only one here who wasn't impressed with the OXM demo.  Honestly I thought it was a terrible excuse to put guns on Burnout-esque cars.  Maybe my expectations were too high.  I love how much shit blows up on screen, but the explosions are pussified and the car models/damage are dull.  The Unwreck seems awfully gimmicky too.  Maybe it'll get cleaned up before launch.  Still has 2 months to go...  Kinda early for a demo to be out if you ask me.

WOW, im surprised to hear somebody complain about this demo. I really think it has the makeings of a great game. "FULL AUTO will get great reviews in Februaury 2006!" - Nostradamus

themadman123

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo?
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 10:55:00 PM »

Wow....Sounds like its a pretty fun game, I hope they release the demo on live.

Master X

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo?
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 10:57:00 PM »

Yeah it says this on their site.

"No need to wait for that disc in the mail—get playable game demos from Marketplace and check them out now."

tonloc79

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo?
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 11:45:00 PM »

I read somewhere that the game demo has already long been submitted to MS  but they lag on putting shit up on the marketplace.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Full Auto Demo?
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2006, 02:07:00 AM »

i think the dmeo is kick ass, but i have acutaly gotten the demo to come to a 1-2 fps halt, barely playable, but hell thats what demos are for... or maybe betas. i dont know, all i know is that it kciked ass 19 out of 20 times    biggrin.gif

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo?
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 07:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Jan 4 2006, 12:17 AM) View Post

WOW, im surprised to hear somebody complain about this demo. I really think it has the makeings of a great game. "FULL AUTO will get great reviews in Februaury 2006!" - Nostradamus

I'm not really complaining, just staying skeptically reserved.  I really want this game to be great because I adore Twisted Metal and Burnout.  But so far, I haven't a reason to get excited.  Like I said, 2 months is a LONG time to clean it up around the edges.