xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Microsoft Denies Forza 2 Causing 'Major' 360 Issues  (Read 2496 times)

DriveJira

• Archived User
Microsoft Denies Forza 2 Causing 'Major' 360 Issues
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »

I just bought one of these 360's used from G-Stop about a month ago. I got the 1 year service plan, the VGA intercooler, GoW and Forza 2. I played them a week straight. All of a sudden the 360 stopped reading GoW. It happened within the first 4 days of me taking it home, so I just swapped it out and kept my service plan. I do believe it's related to heat, seeing as there is a heatsink right below the optical drive. If it gives me any trouble i'm taking it back and replacing it again. Bottom line: always get the service plan!

mercuryblade

• Archived User
Microsoft Denies Forza 2 Causing 'Major' 360 Issues
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »

For those people that say Forza doesn't have the ability to break an xbox, just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean the game is ok! My 360 isn't that old and hardly used, yet the very first race on forza crashed it. I reset, played for bout 5 mins and it crashed again.

Third time upon crashing, the 360 failed to turn back on except for the red lights... Luckily it didn't break, it turned on the next day. Since then I have given it about four more chances and each time the game has stalled. The issue cannot be heat as stalling can take place in less than a minute of being switched on.

There is no point in making a game that pushes the boundary too far, they should never have sacrificed stability for slightly better graphics. I will simply never buy a forza again, but think myself lucky that my 360 didn't need repairs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]