xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Microsoft Denies Forza 2 Causing 'Major' 360 Issues  (Read 2494 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Microsoft Denies Forza 2 Causing 'Major' 360 Issues
« on: July 03, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | July 3 20:33 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From 1up.com:

This weekend, posts appeared alleging someone at Microsoft was deleting threads on the official Forza 2 forums. The offending thread was reportedly full of gamers claiming Forza Motorsport 2 was causing major problems with Xbox 360s. Forza 2 Community Manager Che Chou responded to the accusations in his Weekly Pitpass Report:

"We've gone and tested Forza 2 extensively against the hardware and have confirmed that the game itself does not brick Xbox 360 consoles. Although it might seem like the number of instances is high, especially if you go by forum reactions, it's actually a very small percentage that it's happening to and we acknowledge that it's very frustrating. In other words, there isn't really a software solution here.
...As for the recent controversy over a 'deleted' forum thread discussing Forza 2 and hardware freezing, the truth is that I moved it to a moderator's section for preservation and investigation. It has not been deleted (and I can easily prove it). The thread no longer served a real productive purpose other than as an excuse for folks to violate FM.net's terms of service with ad hominem attacks. However, thanks to the thread, we are acutely aware that it is a very real issue with a small percentage of our community but a problem nonetheless."

Full Story: 1up.com

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »

well i've had my 360 one week it came with forza and i keep getting blacked out gfx at 1st i thought it might be that i'm using a backup on cheap media infinti 360 disks so i'm gonna see if it does the same with the retail i really hope its not the 360 only had it a week ffs

Pouper

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »

No problems here. I've been playing FM2 since the day it came out and my Xbox has been running great.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »

Me too, thank GOD.  This is the best racer ever!!!!!!!!!!

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »

hmm, thats funny. just as gears of war cooked one of my 360's, Forza cooked another.

funny how a console works fine up until 2 minutes after a game is booted, then ceases to work, yet it isnt the games fault by stressing the CPU to new levels, causing more heat than the console has previously experienced.

im sure if i had loaded splinter cell or rainbow six it woulded have given me 3 ROL anyways, huh?

im tired of ranting about it, tired of seeing it in multiple forum news topics that 360's are failing... no compensation, just frustration.

eh.. whatever.. there is a problem, and its not been addressed properly since launch. this is the first system ive ever had go bad aside from my launch day sega CD that i had to return. but even the one i got day after launch still works!

i have a gamegear with a shattered screen that still works.

/rant /rant. bleh.

edit: id really like to know if there is one particular factor that separates the 360's that cook under stress, and the ones that work fine since launch.

This post has been edited by ILLusions0fGrander: Jul 4 2007, 02:09 AM

quarky42

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »

Sure MicroShaft....we believe you... how about retailers that see a different story?

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EE...FVFhHnbraxF.php

Microshaft tried to tell us that the ring of death errors were "limited" and that reports of widespread problems was simply people being over-reactive...  Now retailers are starting to admit what Microshaft isn't willing to admit.

This post has been edited by quarky42: Jul 4 2007, 02:21 AM

Muzzakus

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »

Microsoft Denies, Denies, Denies...

Obviously this is nothing to do with Forza.  It's the shit 360 design again.  A great game comes out, more people play it, the console sees more hours of gaming, ensuring more stress.  More people playing also equals more likelyhood of people experiencing the 360's inherent random failures.

Add 2 and 2 together.  When will it stop M$ ?!?  

You've climed to the lofty hights you've enjoyed thus far and your fall will be harder!  

I've been bagging the PS3 pretty hard, and as underwhelming as that system is - thank goodness for market competition.  Imagine M$ had a monopoly - it would be a disaster.

Muz

nectar12

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Muzzakus @ Jul 3 2007, 09:44 PM) View Post

Microsoft Denies, Denies, Denies...

Obviously this is nothing to do with Forza.  It's the shit 360 design again.  A great game comes out, more people play it, the console sees more hours of gaming, ensuring more stress.  More people playing also equals more likelyhood of people experiencing the 360's inherent random failures.

Add 2 and 2 together.  When will it stop M$ ?!?  

You've climed to the lofty hights you've enjoyed thus far and your fall will be harder!  

I've been bagging the PS3 pretty hard, and as underwhelming as that system is - thank goodness for market competition.  Imagine M$ had a monopoly - it would be a disaster.
Muz

You know just what to say (speak to me!!)

willyfonsworth

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »

I tend to agree with topics that say "Forza cooked my 360", etc. For me I have experienced heavy freezing when playing Forza 2. Could be playing for 15 minutes or for hours on end but eventually I will get the game to freeze on me. This usually ends my gaming session. Kind of sad that a glitch ends a gaming session. I could be playing other games like Gears or GH2 for hours and no problems. Seems kind of odd if it were simply a hardware issue it would be happening on all games. And if you bring up the overheating issue then why would Forza freeze after less than 30 minutes of play time. It just seems odd to me that this would be hardware related but only affect 1 game. I know my refurb unit from M$ is defiantly not the best test to rule out hardware failure. My last unit was fried my Spiderman 3. I know kind of sad really. Spiddy killed my Xbox grr.gif  No backups, all original discs. My Gears disc is pretty banged up too. So the optical drive is not having any trouble reading game discs.

cloudyimpulse

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »

Well... I officially have not been affected by the Forza Brick problem, but a friend of mine (who is not computer savvy and ONLY uses his 360 for games and that's it), said his system is now getting red rings after getting Forza 2 three days ago.  So he's in the process of returning his machine.  I know he's never modded his machine, or any machine he's owned in the past.  He's just not technical.  So he's a little frustrated.

Other than that, we just talked about the good old days, when all you had to do was blow into your Nintendo and the cartridge to fix your own machine back in the 80's.  Man I'm 26 and I'm starting to feel old after talking to my nephew.  Ugh...  2 Buttons???

This post has been edited by cloudyimpulse: Jul 4 2007, 03:49 AM

dmitri

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »

Two nutty ideas..

1. The community has Microsoft by the short and curlys.  In their most recent interviews, they don't talk about the 'industry standard failure rate' anymore.  Expect a response soon, but no response shows the real truth.  They usually respond to negative news in the same day.

2. Microsoft knows more than we do about the pirated iXtreme firmware.  They stick by their "go ahead and return it", which only the pro modders can do.

#1 is good for pirates, #2 good for Microsoft.

Hmm..

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »

well my frend has forza 2 his 360 is just fine and he plays it alot. we played it on my 360 also no problems. the game cousing it i relly dought it. its probly more along the lines of people pusing there consoles harder from playing the game to no end. there console woulda briked just the same with any other game in it it just happond to be forza. rember the gow threds saying the same thing and and once again it was a game people played to no end. next up halo 3. games cannot couse hardware failer and anyone who thinks otherwise is simply retarted, worst thing is the game would couse lockups or simply not run. but the point isnt the problem a 360 shouldent fail even if pushed hard.

This post has been edited by luther349: Jul 4 2007, 04:23 AM

willyfonsworth

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »

Perhaps something that I forgot to mention in my previous post is that it’s not the console that freezes it’s actually the game. Simply returning to the dashboard and re-lauch the game solve the problem say for another hour. I mean if the console was “overheating” would it not just freeze and require a power off/on of the console to get it going again? No red lights indicating an overheat or console death. I’m kind of stumped as to why this is so hard to believe. Logically to me it just doesn’t make sense to be a hardware failure even if I was a victim of red ring in the past.

On a side note, I was very pleased with the way M$ handled my broken 360. Sent box and received refurb unit exactly 1 week later. Not entirely sure why people are having trouble with the repair centers.

FCTE

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 09:41:00 PM »

I've never had any problems and I played for four weeks straight almost, only quit recently after being burnt out on the game and getting Overlord.

The only thing I noticed is it worked the DVD drive real real hard and the disk quit spinning and threw up a "clean disk" error twice on me. But no real "system" crashes, black outs, or graphical issues.

willyfonsworth

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(FCTE @ Jul 3 2007, 11:41 PM) View Post

I've never had any problems and I played for four weeks straight almost, only quit recently after being burnt out on the game and getting Overlord.

The only thing I noticed is it worked the DVD drive real real hard and the disk quit spinning and threw up a "clean disk" error twice on me. But no real "system" crashes, black outs, or graphical issues.

This may actually make sense because the game only freezes during load screens. Oh well nothing much that can be done really. Possibly hope that my box will die before the warranty is up huh.gif
Maybe the next one will be a good refurb unit dry.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5