xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Streaming Over Relax  (Read 239 times)

CptCaveman

• Archived User
Help With Streaming Over Relax
« on: December 15, 2003, 03:54:00 AM »

XBMC will connect perfectly to display a file listing, I can play any files that have been listed in the root dir but as soon as I attempt to open a folder the connection will drop and I will not be able to reconnect to any relax shares without stoping and starting the relax server. "Could not bind socket. Address and port are already in use." Is the relax debug error message.

Any ideas are much appreciated. I did a search on here but could not find any previous threads, sorry if this has been discussed before.

DrunkPenguin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 09:52:00 PM »

well, i dont have a solution, but i also had similiar problems with ccxstream.  limitations of the current build maybe?

DrunkPenguin

SigTom

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 01:15:00 PM »

Yeah, I also started to use relax and XBMC and heres a couple things Ive played around with, see if it helps you.  Im sure you followed the directions that came with the Relax prog, the ones in the Documents folder when you unrar it.  I also did this:

In WinXP:

Click Start, Right click My Computer, choose Manage
Go to Services and Applications, click the +
Go to Services
Scroll down to RelaX
Right click RelaX, Choose Properties
Go to Recovery Tab
Under First Failure, Choose Run a Program
Under Run Program, Choose \path\to\relax_ns.exe (On my computer, it was C:\RelaX\relax_ns.exe)
Under Second Failure, Choose Restart the Service
I did nothing with Third Failure

After that, Ive seen much better performance from Relax.  I run it across 2 seperate subnets, and the XBox can play every file Ive got on my RelaX Shares.  I was able to use it pretty much the whole weekend with out having to restart the service once, as compared to the 2 days before that, I was restarting it 4 or 5 times a day.  Hope this helps.

Edit:Grr forgot the double backslashes.

This post has been edited by SigTom: Dec 16 2003, 10:42 PM