xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Installing Xbmc(need Help)  (Read 285 times)

goodfella

• Archived User
Installing Xbmc(need Help)
« on: December 31, 2003, 11:27:00 PM »

I'm having a similar problem. I have xbmc 2003-12-11 copied to my e:/apps folder, however, when i select media player from my apps list, i keep getting that screen that says my xbox needs to be serviced (error 21), i tried a different XMBC ver., 2003-10-18.

My xbox is a no mod-chip using the 007 dash exploit, supplied by Mad_gouki's zip files. Is it possible that i need something else, does XBMC work on a no mod-chip system, do you need a mod chip. I'm new, been doin alright until i worked with XBMC.

thanks, in advance  <

Mad_Gouki

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 07:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (goodfella @ Jan 1 2004, 08:16 AM)
I'm having a similar problem. I have xbmc 2003-12-11 copied to my e:/apps folder, however, when i select media player from my apps list, i keep getting that screen that says my xbox needs to be serviced (error 21), i tried a different XMBC ver., 2003-10-18.

My xbox is a no mod-chip using the 007 dash exploit, supplied by Mad_gouki's zip files. Is it possible that i need something else, does XBMC work on a no mod-chip system, do you need a mod chip. I'm new, been doin alright until i worked with XBMC.

thanks, in advance

you need to use phoenix bios loader...
if you can
if not i think i had problems with the xbmc signed too...  <

jpizzle209

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 01:04:00 AM »

alright i got a new harddrive, and evox, and i dont know how to install this media center i got.....it has abunch of files in it, and i know i need to put it in E:/app and iv installed it throught the ftp, but it never shows up on the xbox under appz to run....can anybody help me with this...im a newb, and i searched the boards, and i couldnt find anything that told me how to install this....

it has like 20 files in it, then a bunch of word files...lol sorry ima newb...please help

nunayabiznis

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 07:39:00 AM »

Ok, I'll take it from the top

1.Extract the xbmc [date].rar file somewhere on your hard drive (PC).
-inside the folder that got extracteded is another folder of the same name, this is the folder that gets copied to the xbox, not the main one.(Ex. If you unrared to C, then you will have a C:xbmc[date] folder, inside that folder is anoter folder of the same name (C:xbmc[date]xbmc[date]) <--- folder you copy to xbox  

2.Open up Flash FXP, start a session with your xbox

3. browse in the left window to the place where you decompressed xbmc. In the right window browse on your xbox to E:apps

4. Drag the folder form the left window to the right window.

5. After its done, either reboot the Xbox or go into a game and exit out of it (either way evox has to refresh its apps list).

6. It should show up now

JRSiebz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 06:30:00 PM »

if you're using evox you make need to make sure its scanning e for apps

in evox.ini, for example,

Section  "Launch Menu"
{
   Section "Apps"
       {
           AutoAddItem "e:apps"