xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Its Official Farcry Sucks  (Read 1022 times)

Staple

• Archived User
Its Official Farcry Sucks
« on: May 20, 2006, 04:41:00 AM »

Farcry has got to be the shittiest game ever bad controls crappy graphics and the ai is retarded you can't hide.....and the trap kills and backstabs look like the guys are made out of cement they fall over like a statue, whoever okay'd this garbage needs to get fired

when making a game for the 360 either make the gameplay good or the graphics this game lacks both. i rented it just to get some acheivments but there all setup like perfect darks you gotta play them for weeks to get them all....what a wate of time.

grr.gif

JustDanMI

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 07:17:00 AM »

Yeah, it does suck when a game actually makes you work for your achievments (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

How dare the developers do that.  Hell, they should just have a site where you can go download gamerpoints, considering your not looking for any sense of accomplisment, and only want that Stats.

This post has been edited by JustDanMI: May 20 2006, 02:19 PM

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »

Its been official!

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »

I just rented it as well and its resonably retarded, the only trap kill i got was the one they told you to get, same with the backstab.

Is it just the first part with bad GFX or is it both parts. because if the second half is better im feeling like just skipping the first

VOlition

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

Finially some one agrees with me. My only negative point about this game is the graphics. THE GRAPHICS SUX! Serously, its comparable with an n64 at moments.

Staple

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 01:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(JustDanMI @ May 20 2006, 08:48 AM) View Post

Yeah, it does suck when a game actually makes you work for your achievments rolleyes.gif

How dare the developers do that.  Hell, they should just have a site where you can go download gamerpoints, considering your not looking for any sense of accomplisment, and only want that Stats.

Im not saying im looking to download gamer points what kinda nub are u? i said the gameplay SUCKS AND THE GRAPHICS AND I CAN'T STAND TO PLAY THE GAME EVEN BEYOND THE FIRST HOUR BECAUSE OF THIS.

and teh achievments are fucking gay along with pdz's your gonna honestly beat the game 3-4 times + co op etc? thats retarded this game aint worth beating once.\

why don't you stay off my threads it looks to me your just looking to bitch about my posts...go away noob

corkinator

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »

Well I'm no noob, nor am I simply looking to bitch about your posts, but I also think you're a cry baby in regards to the achievments.

It sounds like you want a cheat code to simply unlock the 1000 achievement points.

I don't like the game that much, but I bought it, played through it and have half of the achievements already, including the trap kills and headshots. The game gets much better the further you progress and is actually good in multiplayer too.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 05:30:00 PM »

Im down with staple on this one, theres too many games that have achievements that require you to just do too much. twice through I can understand one for story one for difficulty. But to beat it on ever difficulty is just plain dumb. I really dont even like the whole multiplayer achievements but dosent seem like that is going to change

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »

The multiplayer achys are reasonable but the single player ones are rough. I cant even stomach through the game once let alone 3 times/both versions. Im a little tired of developers rehashing OLD games and still charging current prices, but thats just how it is and i guess from a financial stand point i cant really blame em.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 10:04:00 AM »

While I agree that the achievements were poorly laid out for FarCry, I completely disagree with your run-on sentence of a review.  The graphics are much more intense than anything the xbox could have handled and although the models are lacking detail, everything else looks pretty nice.  It's not a next-gen title, but it definatly looks better than the xbox and PC versions.  The gameplay is what makes it a good title.  It is a sneak and stealth game for the most part.  If you run and gun out into the open, you're sure to be killed constantly.  That style of game isn't for everyone...  if you didn't like it, that's fine... but if you want to be taken seriously you should try expressing your opinion in a less hypercritical fashion.   Just because you didn't like the game doesn't mean it officially sucks.   rolleyes.gif

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Staple @ May 20 2006, 11:48 AM) View Post

crappy graphics

From what I hear that water looks really good though, lol.

mike_jacko

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ May 21 2006, 06:05 PM) View Post

From what I hear that water looks really good though, lol.

it does!! i rented and it was fun..wouldn't buy it...but its not that bad at all!

corkinator

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ May 21 2006, 05:11 PM) *

The graphics are much more intense than anything the xbox could have handled and although the models are lacking detail, everything else looks pretty nice.  It's not a next-gen title, but it definatly looks better than the xbox and PC versions.  The gameplay is what makes it a good title.  

Actually the graphics are pretty much the Xbox 1 version in a higher res. Yet it barely looks like because they still use the same old blurry, low-res textures. The water is nice but only looks good from certain angles.

And if you've ever played the PC version at high quality with the HDR Lighting patch, then you'll know that it looks MUCH better than the 360 version. No comparison really.

Gameplay is ok, but the aiming is terrible. I still look at Halo 1 as the best, smoothest fps controls made for a console controller. Far Cry does it all wrong. The right stick look and aim is not smooth at all and the collision detection is all wrong.

Decent game but I'm only keeping it for the mapmaker and multiplayer.

This post has been edited by corkinator: May 21 2006, 09:35 PM

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 12:29:00 AM »

Im currently playing this game right now and i think its great. The graphics are  pretty good and i dont see anything too bad with the gameplay. Maybe when you drive stuff but its still not too bad.  After the first few hours the game picks up and gets better.

JustDanMI

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 06:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Staple @ May 20 2006, 03:27 PM) View Post

Im not saying im looking to download gamer points what kinda nub are u? i said the gameplay SUCKS AND THE GRAPHICS AND I CAN'T STAND TO PLAY THE GAME EVEN BEYOND THE FIRST HOUR BECAUSE OF THIS.
and teh achievments are fucking gay along with pdz's your gonna honestly beat the game 3-4 times + co op etc? thats retarded this game aint worth beating once.\

why don't you stay off my threads it looks to me your just looking to bitch about my posts...go away noob

I wasn't referring to your comments on the quality of the game, only your views on acquiring achievments.  I've seen a couple people say it's rediculous to have to play the game on every difficulty in order to get all of the achievments.  But on the majority of the games that ask for you to complete every difficulty, you can simply choose to complete the game on the harder difficulty and thus unlocking the difficulty you completed and the one's below it.  So if you picked the hardest, then upon beating the game, all of the difficulties would be unlocked in your achievments.  

And what's so spectacular about the gamerscore?  Are you not satisfied with completing the game?  Why do you NEED to have every achievment, especially if you don't like playing the game more than once?

I just think to many people put to much into their gamerscore.  I like having the achievments and gamerscore myself, but I don't get pissed when I can't unlock all of them.  When I'm bored with the game, I move onto the next one.

oh, one more thing, stop beating up on us poor noobs, were just people too.  Even though I joined the Scene several months before you tongue.gif
Pages: [1] 2