xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Farcry Instincts Makes Me Wanna...  (Read 1123 times)

Heet

• Archived User
Farcry Instincts Makes Me Wanna...
« on: April 19, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »

Aw shit, I was hoping it wouldnt suck.

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »

Ahh bionic commando. I curse the day I let my friend borrow the NES cartridge, he broke it. I will still lament that day on my deathbed.

And yes I played this on the xbox and hated every minute of it. And I actually played through the PC original.

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »

played this on XBox1 the control was laggy as hell, then i thought it was buggy game or something  huh.gif . good thing i didn't get it for x360 as i was planning to.

Kernal69er

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 06:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heet @ Apr 19 2006, 07:49 PM) View Post

Aw shit, I was hoping it wouldnt suck.

Single player BLOWS, controls are laggy but Multi-player ROCKS

VOlition

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 07:43:00 PM »

The gameplay is not bad for me, but the xbox version and the xbox 360 version graphics are SO F' HORRIBLE! How can MS put a game like that level graphics on such a beutiful hardware. The game at times had comparable graphics with the n64. The grass and trees at times are horrible 2-dimension shaped if you stared at *any* object in the game, it is a blurred picture, GOD, what where they thinking.....

nfs911

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Apr 19 2006, 08:31 PM) View Post

Single player BLOWS, controls are laggy but Multi-player ROCKS

Yep, I totally agree.

VOlition

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 10:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kraptreon @ Apr 19 2006, 09:12 PM) View Post

the graphics were stunning

What part was stunning?

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 01:06:00 AM »

anybody who thinks this game is trash is just insane, clearly its not worth 60 dollars but hey...
@ least they threw in the older game-

I agree on the bad aiming, but I think the devs were thinking something like not wanting it to be a rambo run through, I mean shit, you are STRANDED ON AN ISLAND WITH NOTHING and all. Just hunt, snipe, and run your ass off. The graphics ARE AMAZING, or you just have a bad setup, nothing oblivion like but close to a nice PC rig running Farcry. Anyone who digs CS will just fall in love with online play.

I think newcomers to this series would like it more, especially online wink.gif

mike_jacko

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 01:58:00 AM »

i think its fun ohmy.gif  the graphics are good.. it looks better than bf2...aiming takes a few min to get use too but i'm enjoying single player pop.gif

squarejawhero

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 05:13:00 AM »

OK, to answer some comments -

1) I'm not playing it on the Xbox. I'm playing it on the 360. Seeing as this is a NEWER GAME than the wonderful PC original, I was expecting a lot more. It does in no way look as good as the PC version on high settings in any way - the only thing they seemed to have concentrated on are the beautiful water effects. But when a tree is blocked to crap when you're near it and the characters aren't even anywhere near as decent, who cares? Immersion breaker on hi-res.

2) I appear to make more gain in single player by exploiting the idiocy of the AI than actually playing them. For example, you can take down an entire village simply by hiding under a hut. What happened to the PC AI?

I'm sure on Xbox it's a stunning achievement for hardware as old as it is. Truth is, this game isn't all that hot. I've got to try multiplayer... but I love my meaty single player titles. This just doesn't cut it.

crobar

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 07:15:00 AM »

you can take down an entire village simply by hiding under a hut.

haha sooo true!

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »

It's all a matter of opinion.  I love FarCry Predator and I think the graphics are much better than the PC version.  I also loved Bionic Commando.

dabigdilla

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »

Bionic Commando, the soldier with the robotic telescopic grapple arm, right?  man that had the coolest gameplay.  
*sigh*
games used to be so simple then....i used to be good at them too  sad.gif

squarejawhero

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 05:16:00 PM »

I LOVE HOW THIS THREAD HAS TURNED INTO A BIONIC COMMANDO LOVE-FEST!!11!!!! biggrin.gif

I'm sure there was a version on the last gen... but it might've been a beautiful dream. The idea of swinging around landscapes in 3D was kind of done, in part, in Tribes:Vengeance... but the idea of a colourful, cartoony Serious-Sam-esque Bionic Commando 360 in lush jungle landscapes sounds like something Capcom would be foolish not to develop.

halohalo

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2006, 12:50:00 AM »

omg i got it a couple days ago and i hate it so much it makes me so mad because the people who made it could have so easily changed a few things and made it awesome

now im angry but i need to get my moneys worth so i keep playing it even though it makes me mad
Pages: [1] 2