xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Far Cry Demo  (Read 664 times)

redwolf

• Archived User
Far Cry Demo
« on: April 04, 2006, 06:50:00 AM »

doubt it, cos the game is shit. so they make you either buy or rent it  rolleyes.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
Far Cry Demo
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 08:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(redwolf @ Apr 4 2006, 08:57 AM) View Post

doubt it, cos the game is shit. so they make you either buy or rent it  rolleyes.gif

thats rather opinionated.  many people have been pleased with the game, and one thing that people like you need to keep in mind is that it is a port and a port of a 2 year old PC game at that.  im no fan of last-gen ports either, but to judge a game because it doesnt reach unrealistic expectations is rather improper, especially if it stops others from enjoying a game that they very well may like.  IMO last-gen port or not, the water alone is worth the purchase if i had the money.  just because a game doesnt scream "next gen" at every angle doesnt lower the value of the game, some of the best 360 titles are last gen ports.

redwolf

• Archived User
Far Cry Demo
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Apr 4 2006, 03:30 PM) View Post

thats rather opinionated.  many people have been pleased with the game, and one thing that people like you need to keep in mind is that it is a port and a port of a 2 year old PC game at that.  im no fan of last-gen ports either, but to judge a game because it doesnt reach unrealistic expectations is rather improper, especially if it stops others from enjoying a game that they very well may like.  IMO last-gen port or not, the water alone is worth the purchase if i had the money.  just because a game doesnt scream "next gen" at every angle doesnt lower the value of the game, some of the best 360 titles are last gen ports.

make it BC (720p + AA) most people would have been happy, not worth a dyme just cos of water effect, unless you have too much $$$$. IMO

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Far Cry Demo
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(redwolf @ Apr 4 2006, 11:22 AM) View Post

make it BC (720p + AA) most people would have been happy, not worth a dyme just cos of water effect, unless you have too much $$$$. IMO

You DO realize that this isn't just a port of Fry Cry Instincts?

The Xbox 360 Version includes both Far Cry Instinct AND Far Cry Evolution, Both with completely overhauled graphics engines.

So it'd be like if they released Halo 1 and Halo 2 on a single disc with completely over hauled graphics for the 360... I think it's fantastic and hardly a reason to complain, considering it'd be more expensive to buy the individual last gen versions.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Far Cry Demo
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »

I never played FarCry for the xbox or PC, and I'm absolutely loving it.  It's my favorite FPS on the 360 next to COD2.  Multiplayer is a blast and regardless of what people (who've never played the game) say, the graphics are very nice, especially in HD.

Concerning a demo, I haven't heard anything.  If I had to guess, I don't think they'll release one.  I'm sure they save that for their big dollar, 360 specific games.   It's definatly worth a rent, and the MP is worth a buy.

Deftech

• Archived User
Far Cry Demo
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

I will be picking this game up in a month or so, mostly because its in HD and should be jaggy free. That alone makes it intriguing as I never got thru the entire pc game and always wanted 2, but cant stand sitting at a pc monitor.

for people who never played the game should be pleasantly surprised, as they get instincts and predator, and in HD. The water and whatever else that was added isnt even a factor for me, at the end of the day its a good little compilation IMO.

back to Oblivion.....

BigPerm

• Archived User
Far Cry Demo
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »

It is a pretty fun FPS, although I haven't even tried the online part yet.  Its' no Halo or COD2, but overall, very addictive. The gun movement sensitivity could definitley use some improvement, but it's certainly managable. The only issue I've had as far as graphics and glitches was when I got blown out of a Sniper Tower. It was very strange, I had 1 point of health remaining and looking down the ladder of the tower when I got blasted. I thought I was dead, but somehow I ended up underneath the map. It was crazy because it was all water and I had to swim around for like 5 minutes before I popped out into a creek. I literally came out from under the hilly jungle.  And there was no water anywhere near the Sniper Tower. When I came out, I was very far from where I got hit.

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Far Cry Demo
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(redwolf @ Apr 4 2006, 08:57 AM) View Post

I'm surwe there will be a demo, shit they made a demo for Ridge Racer and Blazing Angels and those games SUCK bad

bigballer101

• Archived User
Far Cry Demo
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »

honestly every game is based on opinion but look what happened with tha matrix games some people loved them almost all hated it just like red dead revolver i thought great graphics great gameplay best multiplayer but alot of people thought tha opposite

VOlition

• Archived User
Far Cry Demo
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 09:00:00 PM »

The gameplay was fun, but by far, the grahics were horid. I played at my friends house, and looking at a rock up close was so hoirrible. Looking at the ground was ugly, looking at characters were plasticly same. 101/10 for gameplay, 2/10 grahpics. Yes as Red Wolf stated, this game isnt' worth it just because it has some good water effects. The graphics was at times comparable to a nintendo 64 version. Just to be on the safe side, I didn't play this on high-def. Also, the grass and trees looked horrible, they are practicly 2d.

StigmataDiaboli

• Archived User
Far Cry Demo
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »

Excellant console FPS, sure the graphics arn't to hot, it's a port of Xbox.  Overall though, a very solid gameplay and an incredible map editor.  (You can use your maps online aswell.)  And the demo hit the marketplace today.