xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone Pickup Farcry: Predator Today?  (Read 1064 times)

incognegro

• Archived User
Anyone Pickup Farcry: Predator Today?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Mar 30 2006, 06:19 AM) View Post

so both chapters are completly new to us PC-ers??! SHWEET!!!  better look good =)  may rent it first

THATS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO TELL U!!! i meant "original" as in only only on the consoles.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 07:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Mar 29 2006, 01:31 PM) View Post

Just incase anyone interested didn't know, the predator content is LOCKED on this disc until you beat the original insticts campaign.

Password    -----    Effect
GiveMeItAll    ---    Unlocks Evolution Game

flood_killer

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

i wouldnt get it unless its on the PC, cause on the xbox, the AI is stupid and scream like girl scouts when you stab them

Lpk32187

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(thepissedoffman @ Mar 30 2006, 05:48 PM) View Post

EB does not let you return games once they have been opened except for the same game.

If I could I would go get my $$$ back.

EDIT: I just saw you are in the land down under. In the US you can't return the games you buy :-(

My Eb and gamestop let me do it.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 11:15:00 AM »

After logging a few more hours into this game, I've decided that I really enjoy it.  I've become used to the aiming, and to be honest, it's alot better than PDZero in that department.  I also checked out a copy of FarCry on my buddies Xbox and the difference in graphics are extreme.  I mean HUGE.  People who are saying the graphics are the same must be playing the PC version with settings on high.   Also, the Multiplayer is fun.  Very fun.  Lots of players, and an infinite amount of maps (thanks to the sweet map editor).  

This game has been recieving alot of negativity since it's release, which i find suprising.  I think alot of people are quick to write this game off because the graphics aren't "next-gen", like they did with gun.  If they'd give this game (or Gun) a chance, they'd realize that it is has great gameplay and is well worth it.  Regardless of how the masses feel, I'm really enjoying this game and the MP is great enough to prevent me from trading it in anytime soon.

amb7247

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »

I love the game. The instincs is like hte xbox part but with much better updated graphics. The prediator part is competely different and on it's own. And entire new game. Can't get that on xbox. The game probably looks as good if not better than the PC...at lest the predator part. Dont know about character blockyness....I can't tell. Maybe the so called graphics expert can see it but I can't. THe game lighting is very nice. Lots of trees and jungles feels like an actual island you are on. Very lush. Your not gong to see incredible next-gen graphics but way better in the graphics department than on the xbox, but comparible to the PC.

AI: Even on normal mode the AI is incredibly smart. If they see you they will come after you and they are fairly accurate, more accurate on harder level. If your good you can sneak by them easily.

Controls: Having AIM help turned on really helps here but it's not perfect but ALOT better than not having it turned on. It is difficult to aim accuratly with the right stick at times but you kind of get used to it after awhile.

If you never played far cry, try this game. I had it for the PC for the original version and it was awesome. For the 360 you get two games in 1. Worth it.

Hell, it's better than Dyansty Warriors, condemned and some other bad 360 titles. Not a rent game it's a buy game.
Pages: 1 [2]