xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hands On With Far Cry Predator  (Read 621 times)

Deftech

• Archived User

VOlition

• Archived User
Hands On With Far Cry Predator
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 11:47:00 PM »

Nice pics there, going to pick up this game with oblivion.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »

hmmm.. definately not something ill rush out and buy... ill let gamefly send it to me and see how it is

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

I have this game on my PC, but never played it when I realized my geforce4Ti couldn't handle it on max setting.  sad.gif   Definatly something I'd consider getting for the 360, although it will have to wait.  I've got a date with Oblivion.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 10:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Mar 17 2006, 10:31 AM) View Post

I have this game on my PC, but never played it when I realized my geforce4Ti couldn't handle it on max setting.  sad.gif   Definatly something I'd consider getting for the 360, although it will have to wait.  I've got a date with Oblivion.

thats gonna be a loooong date  biggrin.gif I want farcry as well but we shall see thanks to Oblivions release.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 17 2006, 12:55 PM) View Post

thats gonna be a loooong date  biggrin.gif I want farcry as well but we shall see thanks to Oblivions release.

A very looooong date.  I picked up the strategy guide last night and have been skimming through it (no spoilers though) and the game and world looks absurdly huge.  The guide is 368 pages and doesn't even have all the dungeons covered!

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Mar 17 2006, 01:03 PM) View Post

A very looooong date.  I picked up the strategy guide last night and have been skimming through it (no spoilers though) and the game and world looks absurdly huge.  The guide is 368 pages and doesn't even have all the dungeons covered!

good grief! almost 400 pages and doesnt cover everything  laugh.gif

Hey you reminded me of a question Ive been meaning 2 ask...

Anyone know and when we can Save in the game? Can we do it whenever? I sure hope so. I don't recall hearing anything

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »

You can save pretty much anytime in Oblivion.  Not in dungeons, and sometimes not in certain spots depending on the circumstances.  

Anyone who hasn't played the Far Cry games, I highly recommend the series.   Great single player shooter and the map creation tools are out of this world!  I would buy it, but I just finished the xbox version, so I will probably wait for a price drop on this one.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 12:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rubix42 @ Mar 17 2006, 02:55 PM) View Post

Not in dungeons...

Hmmm, the players guide instructs everyone to save while in the first dungeon as it is a critical spot to resart from, so I assumed that saving in dungeons was ok.  Perhaps it's only certain dungeons?

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »

Yeah, it's only certain dungeons.

My problem with any RPG is I get so wrapped up in the current quest I'm on that I will forget to save for hours.  This has come back to haunt me many times. . .