xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fallout3 And Playing With Dlc From Begining  (Read 660 times)

Anarchy99

• Archived User
Fallout3 And Playing With Dlc From Begining
« on: July 29, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »

i bought all the dlc and the game because the game looked good at a friends house
is there any reason not to play with the dlc from the get go or should i beat the game andf then download the dlc?
should i download only one dlc at a time?
if so which order?

basically i want to know of any pros and cons of having the dlc

just noticed while typing the title got messed up cause i must have taped the trackpad while typing oops

This post has been edited by Anarchy99: Jul 29 2009, 05:13 PM

M16GANKSTA

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »

I don't know about The Pitt, or Operation Anchorage but I have installed and played  3 DLC after I was around level 20 but it would work from the beginning also but I don't recommend it.  You should play through the story first because the DLC bad guys are hard to kill...Might be hard for a lower level character. I notice my game freezes a lot more often when it never used to before I installed everything. I installed Point Lookout and Brotherhood of Steel from disc and downloaded Mothership Zeta.  One thing that changes is at the end of the story I don't want to spoil anything so don't read on but you do not die and wake up 2 weeks later. Without the Brotherhood of Steel addon you just die so that is the one I would recommend if you don't get any other one because it raises your level cap from 20 to 30.  I plan on installing the last 2 DLC pretty soon here because this is one of the best game for 360, PC, PS3,whatever. I love it.... love.gif

M16GANKSTA

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 02:49:00 AM »

I wanted to point out is that if you are worried about your  Dogmeat character g getting killed than do not be concerned. With the broken Steel DLC that raises your level cap from 20 to 30  there is a perk to get another Dog called Dogmeats pup.  Every time the pup dies another one replaces him a few hours later @ Vault 101.  The only problem is I had Clover as my companion  and it made her go back to Paradise Falls and it said Jericho was back in Megaton even though Jericho got killed way earlier in the game. . The problem is I can't get Clover to follow me anymore saying that i have too many companions for her to join me...bummer... even if the Pup is stashed @ my house or not with me. So that is the tradeoff.  Human companions or Dog companion. Not sure why the Developers made it tha way but just remember its a perk you get above level 20.  I just wish I knew the ramifications of this perk going into it. However, Fallout is all about choices and the consequences of those choices and it was done to me without my knowledge once again Bethesda.  Thanks for pulling th wool over my eyes.

deernet

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(M16GANKSTA @ Sep 20 2009, 09:49 AM) View Post

However, Fallout is all about choices and the consequences of those choices and it was done to me without my knowledge once again Bethesda.  Thanks for pulling th wool over my eyes.

WTF, lol I hope that was sarcasm. I can't see being mad at the developers because you have to pick between Clover and a dog...

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 11:22:00 AM »

It doesn't really matter, but do install Brotherhood of Steel. Without it, the game just ends. With it, you get to continue on and do whatever after the "ending".

Unimatrix47

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »

Why does this game keep crashing and locking up on me?  I have a JTAG and this game keeps corrupting my saves and then the next day I go to start up and instead it just sends me back to the dash...
WTF???

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »

did you yaris swap the dlc if you have it? Also if your saves are from another console you may need to apply a title update to Fallout 3. I believe Title Update #3 is the latest.

This post has been edited by red_ring_of_box: Nov 1 2010, 01:22 AM

Unimatrix47

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »

Well, I dont actually have ANY DLC.  But I only had 1 Title Update.  Where can I get the 3rd TU?

Unimatrix47

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 02:31:00 AM »

red_ring_of_box
Where can I get the 3rd TitleUpdate for Fallout New Vegas for a JTAG'd xbox?

Unimatrix47

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 01:32:00 AM »

Im pretty sure that there is only the 1 TU for Fallout Vegas

pink1

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 12:54:00 PM »

If you would read they are all talking about Fallout 3 not New Vegas.