xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Actions List For Configuring Keys  (Read 392 times)

pilluli

• Archived User
Actions List For Configuring Keys
« on: December 09, 2003, 02:38:00 AM »

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up some keys on the standard controller to make specific actions in XBMC (actually, i'm trying to change the subtitles delays using the triggers). Could someone point me to the action list of XBMC. The docs point to guilib/key.h but I can't find that file anywhere... thanks!

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 12:38:00 PM »

This is part of the sourcecode.

You can access the sourcecode by going to the Sourceforge XBMC site and clicking on the CVS web interface.

pilluli

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 11:25:00 PM »

I've finally found the file but I can't seem to figure out the ation name that I have to use in the keymap.xml. The #define for the subtitle delay is something like:

ACTION_SUBTITLE_DELAY_MIN

Do I have to use that name? Can I set up the amount of delay applied?

thanks..

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 01:40:00 PM »

The #define statement simply says that the string "ACTION_SUBTITLE_DELAY_MIN" should be equated with the number that is next to it.

Use this number in the <id> field of the <action> tag.

pilluli

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2003, 09:25:00 AM »

ok, thanks!!

i'll try that this weekend, i'll let you know how it goes...

btw, is is possible to change the ammount of delay for subtitles? and also are there actions to change the font size for the subtitles?

thanks again...

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2003, 11:49:00 AM »

is is possible to change the ammount of delay for subtitles?

Ummm - look at your previous post for the answer (ACTION_SUBTITLE_DELAY_MIN is to reduce the subtitle delay, ACTION_SUBTITLE_DELAY_PLUS is to increase)...

are there actions to change the font size for the subtitles?

Have a look again at Key.h - there is no action defined for this, so no, it's not possible.

pilluli

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 12:32:00 AM »

No, what I was asking was if it was possible to change the ammount of time for the subtitle delay so I can map two buttons, one with a coarse delay (around 1 second) and another with a smaller one (100ms).... I'm going to try the default action anyways, if I can manage of course :-)

About the subtitle font I've seen that there is a directory called "font" in the mplayer subdirectory. A closer inspection in the "font.desc" file shows that the font is size 24. In order to change the font size  I've replaced all the files in that directory with the same files for a fontsize of 18 (just to test it, don't know if it'll be too small). I've obtained the files from the mplayer package for linux (i've tried all the fonts sizes on my linux box and they work ok). Anyways, I've changed the font files but when I start xbmc no FONT appears :-?

Dos anyone know if the font name is somewhat hardcoded in the source? Is it possible to change those files ??

thanks again for the replays!!

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2003, 01:44:00 PM »

New Font support for subtitles has been added recently by Frodo.

Also, you can currently only change the delay of subtitles + audio in fixed amounts.

pilluli

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2003, 07:22:00 AM »

Thanks again jmarshall,

I've tried the actions to change the subtitle delay and they work alright :-)  I'll try to follow the changes Frodo made to change the font size ...

later,