xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fable 2?!  (Read 493 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Fable 2?!
« on: November 07, 2005, 11:50:00 AM »

Oh I hope this is true..

Fable 2 shows its puppies! One man and his dog to star in the 360 sequel to Lionhead's all-conquering RPG

15:25 Fable 2, ah how those two words give us inordinate amounts of pleasure; the prospect of seeing Lionhead and Big Blue Box's marvellously inventive RPG making the leap onto
Monday 7th November 2005
Xbox 360 has us brimming over for more beardy antics.

Of course, Lionhead has downplayed talk of Fable 2 before, especially when it was inadvertently mentioned by a MS exec earlier in the year, but for us, it's almost a cert. Why wouldn't you want it on 360?

However, a source has revealed to CVG that he interviewed Peter Molyneux recently and the Lionhead genius revealed not only that he's really enjoying making Fable 2 for Xbox 360, but also spilled a few tasty gameplay morsels.

Apparently Fable 2 will see you start out as a young boy again but in a different area from the original Oakvale, only this time you'll have man's best friend for company in the form of a young puppy who accompanies you throughout the tale.

Once again, how you act and interact with the Fable universe will change the appearance of your character, but now your dog will change too. Be good and you'll have a loving fluffy poodle for company, but play the bad boy and you'll be taking a snarling evil hound from hell for walkies!

And apparently that's about it for Fable 2, although Peter Molyneux apparently also did reveal that the brothels or bawdy houses, which made a recent appearance in Fable: The Lost Chapters, will also be a major feature.

We contacted Lionhead right away to discover the veracity of this here Fable, but were met with a firm "no comment" but we'll update you with more as soon as we have it. But we think it's an absolute cert and we'd expect Fable 2 in all likelihood to make a debut for Christmas 2006. 

Im not going to look 2 deep into this, I just want the damn sequel at some point.  tongue.gif

Shinamano

• Archived User
Fable 2?!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »

Yeah...I think I will stay away from as much info on this game as possible and just be happy with the game when I get it.

Master X

• Archived User
Fable 2?!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »

This better be true rolleyes.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Fable 2?!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »

Good question. I might buy Lost Chapters and play it on 360 once its confirmed it works. I know the PC version is out. I loved the game and cant wait for a sequel!

KAGE360

• Archived User
Fable 2?!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »

i loved the first fable, it gave  a lot of freedom that people didnt see, including the freedom to beat the game at your own pace.  most finished the game under 20 hours while i ranked in just over 40 when i finally finished the game, so any complaints directed towards the length of the game can be directed towards the players eagerness to see the story.  i was initially dissapointed that the game wasnt as vast as i thought it would be but i still loved the game for what it was once reality set in.  

its good to see that Peter learned from his mistakes of getting too excited about an unfinished game and now i think he will choose his words more wisely when speaking about fable 2 then he did with part one.  in the end you cant blame a man for dreaming.   biggrin.gif

MrGone2001

• Archived User
Fable 2?!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 11:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Nov 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
i loved the first fable, it gave  a lot of freedom that people didnt see, including the freedom to beat the game at your own pace.  most finished the game under 20 hours while i ranked in just over 40 when i finally finished the game, so any complaints directed towards the length of the game can be directed towards the players eagerness to see the story.  i was initially dissapointed that the game wasnt as vast as i thought it would be but i still loved the game for what it was once reality set in.