xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Greatest Game I've Ever Played  (Read 637 times)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Greatest Game I've Ever Played
« on: November 08, 2006, 06:11:00 AM »

I honestly have to say this is the greatest game I've ever played. I've always been a huge fan of FPS and love horror. After playing the demo when it was released I knew this was my "got to have game of the year" (much like GoW for most people). I know this was on PC for a long time before being ported, but luckily I never played it on PC (I personally can't be arsed to play PC games, no sir).

I picked this up on the 2nd, luckily I had taken the 2nd and 3rd off (not for FEAR, just have alot of vacation days I have to take or don't get paid for). I didn't even play more than an hour on Thursday then beat it by Saturday night.

The story to this game for one just plain ROX!!! I'm a huge horror fan and haven't really had a game scare me since the 1st and 2nd Resident Evils. I haven't had a PoS1 or 2 in years so haven't been able to play any of those series and haven't had anything to fill my horror gap since then. I like how the story cuts in alot when your playing and you learn more as you go. The use of a little girl is awesome, she scares the shit outta me sometimes and oh man she's even more scary towards the end of the game. They've done an awesome job on the story alone.

The gameplay also ROX!!! Great smooth flowing game with easy to learn and use controls. The slow-mo is one of the most awesome aspects of the game. Not that it's anything new, Max Payne had it long before FEAR did, but I like the slow-mo in FEAR more than any game I've played that had it. The controls took all of about 5 minutes for me to get down. And lots of great scary moments while playing. You might be near a door and all of a sudden boom the door blows open and 3 enemies rush out firing at you.

I also love the achievement breakdown. Things like "beat the game without using slow-mo", "pickup all booster packs", "use less than 500 bullets", and a few other will make beating the game more than once something I feel most people will want to do.

I haven't had a chance to play the multiplayer yet though. I assume the multi on this will be good though. Also lots of great and somewhat easy (not too easy) achievements to get online.

I highly recommend any fan of FPS games to at the very least rent this or play the demo (although the demo does look and play a bit more sluggish than the actual game does).

leo5111

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »

ya very fun but scary  ph34r.gif  my friend snuck up on me and i threw the controller in the air then went to go kill my friend...  muhaha.gif

jcdenton2003

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »

i agree.. Iv just finished it.. Its amazing! The graphics are amazing and it runs so smooth!

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

I really enjoyed this game to and I have to say for a port they did a great job. It can get a little repetative but thats good to me, i like to repeatadly shoot bad guys in the face. And it can make a person dam near shit themselves. smile.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 01:53:00 PM »

That's good to hear. I've never played the game before. When I eventually get a 360 (when I get a job), ill make sure that on the list of games to get.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »

Wonderful game smile.gif

This game scares the living crap out of me. I wasn't afraid of Doom 3, RE4, or Silent Hill 4 (except the thought of running out of ammo right before pinky). Something about a little girl killing everyone and that has no way of dying just makes me want to wet myself. The scaryness of it actually makes me want to stop playing the game (which i do about every half-level).

The only thing is that the Acheivements could have been better. 5 points for specific (not every) levels in the campaign, 5 points for winning five of each team game type in ranked match, 35 points for beating the campaign on medium difficulty or higher, but 75 POINTS for winning one FFA ranked match. grrr

scottyevo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »

omg this game is AWESOME! grafiz ROXS!!! i still havent completed it, bec im too chicken to play smile.gif .. well im getting to it, its just i have to stop every like saving point, bec its too scary, EVEN tho i love HORRORs this is just way too scary 4 me biggrin.gif..
the story line is just plane klass!! and the SLow-mo is just expert.. they really made this game out to what it was said to be,.... klass, scary and freeking AWESOME!!!