xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Uk Oxm Fear Demo?  (Read 563 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Uk Oxm Fear Demo?
« on: August 28, 2006, 06:22:00 AM »

No idea when you'll be getting the game but having played the US version I was seriously dissapointed. The Controlls were just horrible.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Uk Oxm Fear Demo?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

I'm not too sure about what they've been saying about the game, I haven't followed it much but I was interested because I heard it was similar to Condemned and I loved Condemned (my favorite game on the 360 so far).

They just felt really stiff and clumsy, almost like you couldn't look and move at the same time like you could only use the left OR right analog at a time and it was start jerking around if you tried to use both. Also walking around would sort of jerk, not like lag, but as if they were trying to make it feel like real footsteps and it just makes it annoying and dizzying. and of course the peak out over a corner maneuver which is pretty useless for the most part.

There were a whole lot of other problems too like button presses not registering weird collision detection, and crazy slowdown when the shooting got intense... but I would assume most of that can be attributed to it being the demo version.

I would have thought they could have just grabbed the control mechanism straight from Condemned, seeing as it played buttery smooth by comparison.

alsybub

• Archived User
Uk Oxm Fear Demo?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »

Shit. Sounds bad. I loved this game on PC and the graphics are still some of the best I've ever seen along with some very nice physics.

Also, did you hear that Half Life 2 Episode 2 and Portal have been put back to 1st quarter 2007?

Boooooooooooooooooooooo! That pisses me off.

redwolf

• Archived User
Uk Oxm Fear Demo?
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 28 2006, 04:34 PM) View Post

I'm not too sure about what they've been saying about the game

head over to gametrailers.com, Xbox 360 Interview, they say how they worked on the control system blah...blah. plus them money grabbing punks won't release extra contents with the game and release it later for Marketplace  ph34r.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Uk Oxm Fear Demo?
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 06:00:00 AM »

Actually I'm from the US (ALMOST canada laugh.gif)... so my Xbox is 60Hz only, even stilly my projector supports 50Hz and 60Hz so it doesn't have a problem playing either format (which is good because I import a lot of UK dvds that I can't get here).

But it's definitly NOT a display problem the graphics are for the most part smooth as silk, the controls are just horrible.

nickthegreat

• Archived User
Uk Oxm Fear Demo?
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 06:18:00 AM »

I read on xbox.com that a guy found problems with the controls @anything above 720p (i think that was it - maybe less) - try messing with the rez.

Almost Canada? You ashamed of your roots? Maybe after the next election you'll be in the US - Im even considering 'almost France' (which is saying something) given our Tony.......  wink.gif