xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: So Will We Have A Fear Subforum?  (Read 675 times)

hardcandy

• Archived User
So Will We Have A Fear Subforum?
« on: April 19, 2006, 08:02:00 AM »

An upcoming issue of the Official Xbox Magazine has revealed that the PC first-person shooter, F.E.A.R., will be ported to the Xbox 360.

The game was one of the best titles of 2005 with its amazing visuals and intriguing storyline. Players took the role of a special forces commando who is sent in to investigate some odd happenings in a research building. Once the game begins, strange events start to occur with hallways turning upside down and a mysterious little girl plaguing each turn of the way.

With the Xbox 360 engine, the game will have access to the same great special effects such as the slow motion combat and the environment destruction to the console community. Now 360 owners will have a chance to experience the F.E.A.R. of playing such a suspenseful game late at night.

CGOnline.com

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

shame i already spend like 1000$ upgrading my pc to play that game last year....  biggrin.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 09:34:00 AM »

Good to know, I loved condemned and I've heard the two were pretty similar.

It will get a sub forum if there are enough topics about the game wo warrant one.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »

the psyco parts are kinda the same, all the twisted visuals n such, but fear is alot better in combat, the guns do some sick damage the enemies

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Apr 19 2006, 11:45 AM) View Post

the psyco parts are kinda the same, all the twisted visuals n such, but fear is alot better in combat, the guns do some sick damage the enemies

I liked the one that turned the enemies into skeletons

If it takes forever to hit the system, I'll lose interest real quick, especially with all the other high profile games on the way. If it launches in fall/winter with the other big hitters, I'll pass on Fear for sure. Its all about timing unfortunately.....

hardcandy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 10:20:00 AM »

I hope they change some content around, I would hate to play the same game as I played on the PC- what's the point?

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(hardcandy @ Apr 19 2006, 12:27 PM) View Post

I hope they change some content around, I would hate to play the same game as I played on the PC- what's the point?

there wouldnt be a point for you if you played thru it on pc, but for those of us who got a taste of the demo and didnt want to spend a grand just to play it have a good reason to get the 360 version.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »

i got the demo for PC and it was pretty awesome, kinda makes me glad i didnt play the full version....

whiteblur67

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 03:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Apr 19 2006, 09:42 AM) View Post

shame i already spent like 1000$ upgrading my pc to play that game last year....  biggrin.gif

lol i have done that before
but will never do it again

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Apr 19 2006, 04:41 PM) View Post

It will get a sub forum if there are enough topics about the game wo warrant one.

/me start to flood the forum tongue.gif

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 02:20:00 AM »

I don't think it would.  Some games just are hard to peg to a labeled genre, and sorting out the lot would be a pain.  

We'll see how the ball rolls.. Oblivion got a forum due to a request "petition" in the Suggestions forum, and HSD added the others due to large requests by PM. The big games will undoubtedly deserve/require their own specific forum, where as others barely come close.

However, a Live Arcade sub-forum would be easy enough to maintain.