xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ubisoft To Publish Enchant Arms  (Read 572 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Ubisoft To Publish Enchant Arms
« on: May 02, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »

Ubisoft announced today that it will publish the localized version of [eM], Enchanted Arms, exclusively for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from MS.

http://news.teamxbox...Enchanted-Arms/

great news for us RPG fans.  however i dont remember reading any reviews of the japanese version.  hopefully ubisoft will do right with the localization of the game.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 07:03:00 AM »

IIRC the Japanese version is already out and has been for a while.

EGM imported it and reviewed it and complained constantly about the graphics saying that Grandia III on the PS2 looked better. I've played Grandia III and I' watched the gamplay trailer of eM and I came the conclusion that either

A. The EGM editors are living in bizarro world
B. There is something seriously wrong with the cables on their 360 or their TV
C. They're really a major drug trafficing ring and can't keep out of their own supply.

I for one can't wait to see this game hit western shores

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 07:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ May 2 2006, 09:10 AM) View Post

IIRC the Japanese version is already out and has been for a while.

EGM imported it and reviewed it and complained constantly about the graphics saying that Grandia III on the PS2 looked better. I've played Grandia III and I' watched the gamplay trailer of eM and I came the conclusion that either

A. The EGM editors are living in bizarro world
B. There is something seriously wrong with the cables on their 360 or their TV
C. They're really a major drug trafficing ring and can't keep out of their own supply.

I for one can't wait to see this game hit western shores

laugh.gif

cant stand EGM, their the worst of the bunch.  i remember that being mentioned on the 1up weekly show where they were comparing EA to grandia 3, they showed an EA scene in a city (full of color, balloons, and people) then went to an area in grandia that was all brown desert with only a rock.  i think anyone that would see that show would see how much they are full of it.  while the game doesnt push the 360 to any extreme limits, it isnt so bad to compare it to a ps2 game.  i love the grandia series but that is just wrong.  

i know that the japanese version has been out for a while but it seemed like any coverage ended after that.  i dont read EGM and i refuse to take their reviews in consideration.  i know what to expect from graphics and gameplay (grid based) but im curious about the story, something that i consider important for RPGs.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 08:23:00 AM »

honestly is there any real reason to play an RPG if not for the story  smile.gif

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

Any clue on a release date for this one state-side?

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 08:57:00 AM »

Glad to hear this.  I've been hoping that we'd see this stateside for a while.  The graphics do look somewhat PS2-FFXI'ish, but then again... I was playing my SNES last night and loving every minute of it.  As long as the storyline and fighting system is nice, I'm down.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ May 2 2006, 11:04 AM) View Post

Glad to hear this.  I've been hoping that we'd see this stateside for a while.  The graphics do look somewhat PS2-FFXI'ish, but then again... I was playing my SNES last night and loving every minute of it.  As long as the storyline and fighting system is nice, I'm down.

i wouldnt score them that low but they definatly could be better.  the real time cut-scenes i have seen look rather impressive and again i only hope that some of the spells are just as pleasing to the eyes because from what little i have seen the battle system seems so old school that it may get old without some eye candy to spruce things up.