xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Why No Mike Tyson?  (Read 611 times)

krynnmaliki

• Archived User
Why No Mike Tyson?
« on: March 09, 2007, 03:58:00 AM »

I was playing Fight Night Round 3 the other night and thought "Why isn't Mike Tyson in this game?" I wish he was and hope for it to be offered as downloadable content for it later, but I would like to hear what others think about it.

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
Why No Mike Tyson?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »

At first, I wondered the same thing but you have to realize that Tyson really fouled his image in the boxing world with his behavior... I don't think anyone would be proud to be associated with him (and honestly, I don't think EA would get liscensing rights for the game if they included him)... Granted, he was a good boxer in his day, but nows he's pretty much a nutjob that doesn't know when to quit.

pingrr

• Archived User
Why No Mike Tyson?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »

He has a very big name still and he hasn;t boxed for quite some time.  I sure there are tons off people that would love to be able to play as him in the game.  They have other old boxers in there so why not put him in.    Unless he just wants to much money to use his image.

Tiuk

• Archived User
Why No Mike Tyson?
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »

There are lots of famous boxers who aren't in the game (Sugar Ray Leonard? George Foreman?), I think mainly it comes down to licensing. It's not like other sports games where you can get a license to use a team and thus include all its players. With a game like this they need licensing for each individual boxer, and there are bound to be problems with securing the rights (either the boxer [or boxer's estate if they're deceased] isn't interested, or wants too much money, or whatever).