xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fight Night Tips  (Read 697 times)

Staple

• Archived User
Fight Night Tips
« on: May 21, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »

Anyone got any tips for blocking on fightnight round 3?? I got the punching and stuff down but some guys going up against them is night and day if they hit hard they take me out fast an all around fighter i can take out no problem but the hard hitters give me troubles....

I played 2 a little bit i didnt care much for the way you hit but now for some reason i caught onto it and its a really fun game.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Fight Night Tips
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 02:39:00 PM »

i just spazzed out hoping it would block them... other than that, i played more offensively...

mike_jacko

• Archived User
Fight Night Tips
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

fast combos and flash knockdowns biggrin.gif

saunders73

• Archived User
Fight Night Tips
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »

I just usually block and haymaker. knocks em out really quick i was able to take down almost anybody on the first round. except for that rhodes guy cost me the everlast cup....damn you rhodes i needed that 150 gamerscore

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Fight Night Tips
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »

i actually got really bored befoe i had to return the game and just put the difficulty all the way at easy to wrap up my achievements.

Static X

• Archived User
Fight Night Tips
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »

I play fight night in the same manner that I would watch a real match. I use the first round and just put on my ear muffs (regular high blocking,no parry) to see what the person does. I try to notice if he leads with a jab or does he come in with powershots and hook/uppercuts. If he always comes in with a jab, I notice that most people will put a bodyshot on the 3rd hit of a string and then go back up top with a hook/uppercut. I actually try not to block at all once I have noticed a set combo or two a person uses. You can just use lateral movement to avoid the jabs and parry the big shots with their power hand and flurry afterwards. And you certainly need to learn the leaning stun uppercut. The regular TPC haymaker is garbage, but add the shorter uppercut + lean and you have a good punch that can grant you a quick knockdown.

Staple

• Archived User
Fight Night Tips
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 02:04:00 AM »

different strategies for different guys there is one rival i have that will just take all the punches i throw at em at wont take much dmg...gets kinda boring wish there was a little more to the game then this the training is lame they coulda did more..

but worst of ALL IT HAS THE EA SPORTS REPETATIVE DIALOG OF DOOM!!! AHHH

they have preporgrammed these drones with 10 phrases...so annoying  smile.gif

5/8 almost done with this pos

Staple

• Archived User
Fight Night Tips
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 01:24:00 AM »

this game is so repetative and boring after the first few hours of playing..........the guys take hits better and get alot harder twards the end im almost done with this game so i never have to play it again...the stick an move shit ppl are talking about and the fast 1 round knock outs arent working for me at the point in the game im on now it takes me 7-9 rounds to ko a guy

Staple

• Archived User
Fight Night Tips
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 03:26:00 AM »

why does your boxer always get his ass beat in the pre-fight weigh in's lol

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
Fight Night Tips
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 04:43:00 AM »

yup I had 44 knockouts no losses, game was too "cheap"

Staple

• Archived User
Fight Night Tips
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 05:25:00 AM »

i got to the last guy for last achievement then shut off xbox came back later had to start like 12 guys back :/ finally im done with that game ill never play it again.  blink.gif

Pantera Opeth

• Archived User
Fight Night Tips
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 05:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Spartan1223 @ Jun 27 2006, 12:57 PM) View Post

Is there anyway to getting your fighter to 100% in everything?!

I'm trying to figure out if it'll let you take your stats above 100% with the equipment you purchase in the fight store.  I mean my power is at 78% so with an additional 30% from the equipment does that make it 108% or does it add 30% of 78% onto it?  Or would it just take it to 100%?  I tried finding out on the "Official" website, but of course EA is of no help.

Mrcon

• Archived User
Fight Night Tips
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 05:33:00 AM »

well i brought stuff for 10% heart or sumthing and there was no change when i scouted out my next fight.