xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Please Rate Fight Night Round 3 Fromt 1 To 10  (Read 1066 times)

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
Please Rate Fight Night Round 3 Fromt 1 To 10
« on: February 22, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »

I am still not sure about getting this game, I played the demo and was amazed by the Boxer's looks but hated the background and un-emotional crowd. Whoever has this game can they please rate it from 1 being the worse to 10 being the best and why? I'm trying to determine if I should try and find this game after work and pay $65.00 for it.

Please do not bring any chat about the BK ads,  I read all of them already and understand the frustration from both sides of the argument. Also do not recommend to rent since it's not my thing I like to give my money away to things that I find to enjoy and if it does not bring me joy I will just not buy again period.

davegregoire

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

9.00 Shits fun

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 01:13:00 AM »

7.5 out of 10 for me. THe graphics are rather slick when still, but the animation doesn't work so well. There appears to be collision issues as well. Burger King did more placement than anyone I tell believes. I also think that the training is flawed, which leads to you going into fights only to get a DQ after you've knocked a guy down 6 times simply because you have a cut! I also don't like the haymakers. I experimented and found that you can win half the time by just using haymakers till they land, then go for stomach blows.

cjd70510

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 06:16:00 AM »

wasting

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »

vujak

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 07:26:00 AM »

8.5 , also if you don't like getting dq'd because of a cut, you can turn off "stop fights" in the options.

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 07:38:00 AM »

Well your opinions counted! I went ahead and found the game at Wal-Mart yesterday and I'll give it a solid 8.5 from what I've seen so far. It looks amazing although typical EA it lacks the additional stuff that goes on a bout besides the boxing like:

1-It does not have a Referee in the Ring,

2- You do not see a Timeclock anywhere in the fight until you have ten seconds you hear the Bell (Although this is probably true in a real boxing match)

3- Whenever a fight is stopped due to getting too many hits it is stopped abruptly without no real indication that the fight is to be stopped.

4-No real personalize introductions, I was hoping that you can pick your intro. song like the Mexican Fighters bringing in "the cucaracha" or something to that effect.

5-No ring announcer

6- When a fight ends on a decision there is no announcement on how each judge graded his or her card.

7- When fighting in a title bout, there is no sign that it's a tittle fight like additional crowd, or maybe the belt being held afterwards.

Stuff like this is what makes the game more realistic. EA needs a serious lesson from 2kSports on this matter.

scooby_dooby

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(Vinestrike77 @ Feb 23 2006, 03:45 PM) View Post

Well your opinions counted! I went ahead and found the game at Wal-Mart yesterday and I'll give it a solid 8.5 from what I've seen so far. It looks amazing although typical EA it lacks the additional stuff that goes on a bout besides the boxing like:

1-It does not have a Referee in the Ring,

2- You do not see a Timeclock anywhere in the fight until you have ten seconds you hear the Bell (Although this is probably true in a real boxing match)

3- Whenever a fight is stopped due to getting too many hits it is stopped abruptly without no real indication that the fight is to be stopped.

4-No real personalize introductions, I was hoping that you can pick your intro. song like the Mexican Fighters bringing in "the cucaracha" or something to that effect.

5-No ring announcer

6- When a fight ends on a decision there is no announcement on how each judge graded his or her card.

7- When fighting in a title bout, there is no sign that it's a tittle fight like additional crowd, or maybe the belt being held afterwards.

Stuff like this is what makes the game more realistic. EA needs a serious lesson from 2kSports on this matter.

1 - i believe the camera is actually looking out the eyes of the referee, that's why you never see him!
2 - turn on the HUD!
3 - ya it's a little jarring, not a big deal though

The rest I agree would add 'realism' but they are mostly gimmicks. The title fight thing would definately add to the gameplay, but the rest would not.

I give the game 9/10 - .5 for the abuse of advertising = 8.5

DIdn't get 10/10 because, the rosters are too small, wheres foreman? where's tyson? The parry move is still too over done. And the announcing could be much better.

joeyddr

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 05:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Legendary Badass @ Feb 23 2006, 09:20 AM) View Post

7.5 out of 10 for me. THe graphics are rather slick when still, but the animation doesn't work so well. There appears to be collision issues as well. Burger King did more placement than anyone I tell believes. I also think that the training is flawed, which leads to you going into fights only to get a DQ after you've knocked a guy down 6 times simply because you have a cut! I also don't like the haymakers. I experimented and found that you can win half the time by just using haymakers till they land, then go for stomach blows.

lets see you try just using haymakers when you come close to wining the belt. they will perry and knock you out pretty quickly.

mike_jacko

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 07:25:00 PM »

a timer would have been good

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 08:17:00 AM »

Here is my biggest complaint about the game. If you are about to knock someone down meaning they get dizzy and it cuts to slow motion, they can hold you until they "weather the storm" Nobody breaks it up. It's ridiculous.

h00v3r

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »

Is anyone able to change the way their boxer looks during career mode? I can change his looks, but after training, it reverts back to his old look. very frustrating. This happens even after saving the game right after editing his looks.

krims0n

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »

Yes. I have changed my boxers haircut and eyebrows and it all held. Are you sure it's saving? Did you make the change just before signing a contract to make sure it's saved in?

XBANDGUY

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »

for post #14.

You do know that you can block your opponent from grabing you right?

And you can push him off you if he does hold you.

Mario4885

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »

Pages: [1] 2