xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anyone Playing This With The Wireless Wheel?  (Read 595 times)

neverwill

• Archived User
Anyone Playing This With The Wireless Wheel?
« on: June 24, 2007, 10:37:00 PM »

This is for anyone who has played this with the wireless wheel.

How is it? I'm playing Forza 2 right now still (which is why I haven't picked up DIRT) and playing that game without the wheel would be a sin.

I've used the wheel on the DIRT demo and I didn't like it at all, the cars seemed wayyyy too twitchy and floaty, much more so than with the controller. I did try fiddling with the settings, and while it did make it a bit better it still seemed to be unplayable with the wheel.

So, basically, how is it?

FCTE

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(neverwill @ Jun 25 2007, 12:13 AM) View Post

I've used the wheel on the DIRT demo and I didn't like it at all, the cars seemed wayyyy too twitchy and floaty, much more so than with the controller. I did try fiddling with the settings, and while it did make it a bit better it still seemed to be unplayable with the wheel.

So, basically, how is it?

I don't use the wheel, but the cars still have the same floaty feeling in the full game.

neverwill

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »

Yeah, I picked it up finally. I really love the game, however using the wheel with it (in my opinion) makes the game almost unplayable, which is a shame.

It just doesn't react as quickly as the controller, making it hard to correct your steering or even stay on the track.

Oh well, I guess I'll just keep using it with forza 2 and pgr 3.

CerealKiller741

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 07:25:00 AM »

I play it with the wheel.  I bought it and the wheel at the same time, though, so I have never played it with the controller.  I think it feels great.  I don't notice any floatiness of the cars, and the force feedback of the steering wheel really pulls you into the gameplay.  I highly suggest DiRTand the wireless racing wheel.  It's a very good time.