xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is Dead Rising Overrated?  (Read 1077 times)

Scott Croft

• Archived User
Is Dead Rising Overrated?
« on: October 11, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

After seeing the 95% score that Dead Rising got in a magazine I rushed out to the shops to buy this game thinking it would be awsome. For the first few hours it was fun but after that killing zombies got really tiring and I started to just avoid the zombies so I could finish the game. And I was wondering does anyone else fell that this game isn't as good as everyone says it is?

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 11:04:00 PM »

i love the hell out of this game.. i don't think killing zombies will ever get old. to tell you the truth, i haven't even started going thru the game yet.. i'm too busy killing. haha

one thing i like to do to pass the time is to choose one weapon and fill up on em and then go on a spree til i run out.. then i choose a new weapon. right now, i've got a game going with over 4000 kills using strictly hunting knives (well, except for the first guy with a knife i had to beat with a bat to get the knife.. lol)

shkrmkr

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »

i love this game.  i rented it from gamefly and chose to keep it.  i think that it can get a little monotonous at times, but i find that the best way to make the experience more enjoyable is to go after the achievements.  They almost seem like mini-missions that provide incentive to keep playing.

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 03:33:00 PM »

I really don't play games much; don't have the time.

But I love Dead Rising.  I don't think it's overrated.

Aside from the stupid AI of the survivors, it's really well done.  I haven't played very far in, but enjoy the variety of weapons and the ability to do side quests.  And if killing zombies gets old, so be it.  Just continue with the missions.

soul-assassin

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 03:55:00 PM »

Personally, I don't think it's overrated.  But it sort of seems like the game that you will either really really like or just not care for at all.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

yeah i think its a really good game, but ive not played much of it. I find that ive got to force myself to put it on. Which is probably because of those bloody convcts, i do a couple hours work then they kill me..which REALLY pisses me off.

This post has been edited by grim_d: Oct 25 2006, 05:50 PM

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »

Kill the gunshop owner and slaughter them when they hit a tree  wink.gif

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(HamSandwhich @ Oct 25 2006, 07:38 PM) View Post

Kill the gunshop owner and slaughter them when they hit a tree  wink.gif

a plan indeed. but a buddy at work told me he was hard to kill. maybe hes just crap

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 04:18:00 AM »

My 10year old brother killed him first try lol Get a MAC10, a couple of hand guns and some juice then go to the gunshop. As soon as the video stops, turn around and run out the shop, kill all the zombies there and stand next to the closed door so you can shoot in. Then just proceed to pummel him with lead and he doesn't even fire back lol  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

There is something I don't understand about the gunshop though if anyone can help me out. When you go back to the gunshop near the end of 72hour scenario, there are 3 people in it trying to kill you. You shoot them and it says something like "*name* disarmed" or something, even though I go in after doing it to all 3 of them and they start wasting me and when I do get close I can't speak to them :s

This post has been edited by HamSandwhich: Oct 26 2006, 11:27 AM

poisonjamma

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »

Dead Rising = Amazing!

This game is definately not overrated - there's infinite ways to kill zombies and stuff. I was watching a clip on YouTube and a guy was playing this game and he put a frying pan on a stove, took it off, and burned the zombies' faces off. Yea....this game is awesome!

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »

i just did an hours work then died because of a glitch. Im so angry right now sad.gif

poisonjamma

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

lol...what was this glitch? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif)

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(poisonjamma @ Oct 27 2006, 06:58 PM) View Post

lol...what was this glitch? jester.gif

i got trapped between a wall and some thin air. Then i got eaten.

I made up with the game though and have been playing it all day laugh.gif

amb7247

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 09:45:00 AM »

I haven't turned this game on in awhile but I just went right into the gunshop and stole his guns. No cutscene.  uhh.gif   laugh.gif

brummy

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

i got this free with my 360 as a mate said it was great. i wasnt impressed with it to be honest.

but then i played it some more ( as i had it). it grows on you and eventually i have got into it big time now, i love it.

im still shit at it though as i dont have time to play it.

im still on level up 10, only 5 slots for pick up.

no doubt i will level up if i can be bothered photographing things.
Pages: [1] 2