xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Changed My Mind. Crap.  (Read 719 times)

Hopeful

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 02:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(Raul602 @ Aug 14 2006, 09:11 AM) *

1. Do a double tap so you can do the roll thing frank does, get close enough to him and hit him with katana/sword/lead pipe and just keep rolling so his shots dont hurt you.
2. get sniper rifle from the dad and two kids mission,  then go to store owner and as soon as his scene is over run outside kill the zombies out there. open both doors and stand next to the wall right before the entrance and use it as cover.  Then snipe him till hes dead.
The clown is fucking hard but always does the same moves.  I have killed him with sniper gun, shotgun and the katana..  just have to figure out his attack routine.

Alright I'm still having real difficulty defeating the bad design of the gunshop boss. Even with these ghetto-rig methods. It seems to rely more on quick reflexes and vision than skill or strategy. I have a ton of skill at games, but I can't use it here because it lies in figuring out the groove of a well designed boss battle and then creatively using the environment, striking erratically at just the right time, staying in rythm to dodge, etc...  like the high quality battles games had for a long time. These battles are not the same thing and seem to rely on a more gritty kind of skill. Some insight would be appreciated so I can get past this and get those cannons.

1. I find that playing out differently. It seems you have to roll exactly a split-second before he fires so that you're invincible at the exact right moment. No time to study wether he's telegraphing his shots since he's firing them so rapidly. When you get to him by luck or razor sharp timing, you're usually buckshotted that instant. If not, you're picked up and thrown as you raise your arms to swing. How are you managing to get different results?

2. This is just not having results. You're saying stand behind cover, then step out and snipe him when he's between the doorways, right? Well, as soon as he's in an area where you can shoot HIM, and you step out, he can shoot YOU too, and he does. Literally the instant you step out and take aim he's taking aim too.  Within 2 seconds of the time you step out, he shoots you. Even if he was drinking when you take aim. Wait for him to start drinking, instantly step out + aim, 2 seconds, pow you're shot. It takes me about 3-5 seconds to aim, let alone zoom in.

Is there any hope to beat this with more comfortable, less twitchy methods?
If there is please feel free to shed some light on it and compliment the game

Another battle that is driving me nuts with its incompleteness is that motorcycle battle. How are you expected to smack that ho when she won't even stay on the screen? I could try to lure her with stupid-bitch food then hit her with a pipe, but the store doesn't have any. Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by Hopeful: Aug 15 2006, 09:33 AM

DeadBeets

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 05:25:00 AM »

I had to start over (keeping my stats and know-how) a few times my first playthrough.  You know what?  Instead of getting angry, I actually got what the game is about.  Time.  The zombies are a relentless, fun to slaughter, DISTRACTION.  They're fun to kill, so do it when you can, but watch the TIME, or everything is over.

I can't even understand how I dropped the ball so bad that second attempt.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif)

But its true, this game just DUMPS you in the shit with nothing.  You're slow, weak, clueless, and therefore...useless.  Just choose a time to die, just to start over to keep your stats, moves, and knowledge from your past lives.

But that difficulty, and the relentless amounts of aggro zombies gives me the feeling of an old school shooter.  The game seriously wants you to lose.

This post has been edited by DeadBeets: Aug 15 2006, 12:25 PM

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »

choose a time to die and start over, lol

yeah if i screw up now instead of dilly dallying i just surrender to the whorde

31337one

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 08:21:00 AM »

I agree with the OP, the game difficulty ramps up unexpectedly. I put it down and continued on with oblivion for now. Now that I know that its not just be i will try again and be more careful.

Its hard like Ninja Gaiden was until you get the hang of it. I remember alot of people complaining about that game smile.gif

mitch2025

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2006, 09:17:00 AM »

i know a VERY easy way to rescue survivers. go up to them and bress B , i think, and you hold their hand and you just drag them through the zombies

CreziB

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »

To beat the gunshop owner, all I do is make sure I have a gun of some sort, uzi or couple pistols.  Make sure that those giant stands are directly between him and you.  He cannot fire through them, but it takes practice to be able to stand directly behind them.  A little shoulder hanging out and he'll get you.

To kill him, I wait for him to fire his 6 shells, then barely step out from behind the cover, press R, shoot him one time in the face/upper body and quickly get behind the stand again.

IF he fires non-stop

Sometimes he fires rapidly, non-stop.  You just have to use judgement on that.  I think I still leaned out a hair and hit his shoulder to stop him. When he crouches down and runs around the counter, wait for him to stand up and shoot him once, then cover.

The key to this is only shooting once, multiple shots don't harm him.  You fire once, cover, he fires 6 times, you fire once, cover, and repeat.

* I always use the nearest stands to him.  The ones right infront of the counter.

This post has been edited by CreziB: Aug 15 2006, 05:49 PM

mitch2025

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 11:33:00 AM »

also there is a shotgun behind the counter. you can hurry and jump behind the counter and grab the shotty and he will probably shoot you and throw you but as long as you have some wine to drink you should be fine. once you have the gun, run behind the closest triangle stand thing and wait for him to reload. Run up to him and shot his head. it will take about 15 shots but it is a whole lot easyer

neverwill

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(CreziB @ Aug 15 2006, 05:46 PM) View Post

To beat the gunshop owner, all I do is make sure I have a gun of some sort, uzi or couple pistols.  Make sure that those giant stands are directly between him and you.  He cannot fire through them, but it takes practice to be able to stand directly behind them.  A little shoulder hanging out and he'll get you.

To kill him, I wait for him to fire his 6 shells, then barely step out from behind the cover, press R, shoot him one time in the face/upper body and quickly get behind the stand again.

IF he fires non-stop

Sometimes he fires rapidly, non-stop.  You just have to use judgement on that.  I think I still leaned out a hair and hit his shoulder to stop him. When he crouches down and runs around the counter, wait for him to stand up and shoot him once, then cover.

The key to this is only shooting once, multiple shots don't harm him.  You fire once, cover, he fires 6 times, you fire once, cover, and repeat.

* I always use the nearest stands to him.  The ones right infront of the counter.

This took me about four tries, but it was easy once I got the hang of it. I use this method as well, but instead I load up on hand guns (fill my inventory except for one orange juice) and I stand behind the back left pillar (if you are facing the store owner, back right if you are facing the door). I get behind it so he cant hit me with his shot and all I do is pull the right trigger to aim manually the entire time and unload on him, you never have to come out from behind cover and you can just continuously shoot. (You have to make sure that you can aim past the pillar though without hitting it).

Oh, and on the subject of the three psycho's in the hummer in the park. If you kill all three of them they do stay dead, but you have to kill all three without going inside (i.e you can't kill 2, go inside to get OJ then go back out, they'll all be alive again). It was really easy with the sniper rifle and made travels through the park way easier. I wish I would have done this near the beginning of the game.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »

I am having a similar experience. I really loved the game when I first started playing it and than the problems come.

Actually there is really only on major problem I have that makes the game very frustrating and takes away from the experience.

If you are leading people around and you set a marker and go off to do something like grab some food or a gun and you save the game or it becomes night time and the game has to load you marker disappears and all your people run into the zombies and get eaten.

The marker should stay and when it disappears it can really screw up your game plan. Other than that the game can be very hard especially at night when the zombies are more powerful but overall I like it very much.

It does have its glitches though; I have had the convicts in the hummer re-spawn after I completely killed them.

neverwill

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »

Does the Hummer get left behind for us to play with? (Like the motor bike). It was night time when I killed them and I basically only searched the perimeter of the park for it, but because it is dark you can not see very far.

shaun_inuk

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »

you lot wanna think yourself lucky, at least you`ve got the fucking game, why the hell dont they release the game worlwide at the same time, its like all the jap ones that are out early just to try and win them over from sony.

these companies wanna reward loyal 360 owners not just worry about winning others over!!!

neverwill

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(shaun_inuk @ Aug 16 2006, 07:09 PM) View Post

you lot wanna think yourself lucky, at least you`ve got the fucking game, why the hell dont they release the game worlwide at the same time, its like all the jap ones that are out early just to try and win them over from sony.

these companies wanna reward loyal 360 owners not just worry about winning others over!!!

I didn't know that this wasn't a worldwide release. Odd, that does suck.

Not to rub it in or anything, but this is probably my favorite 360 game so far, it's so much fun and it's really cool.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(shaun_inuk @ Aug 16 2006, 02:09 PM) View Post

The Japanese games don't hit other countries until later because they're trying to win them over it's because they have to translate all of the Japanese to English or some other language.... the bigger the game, the longer a process this takes. Also considering a whole lot of RPG like games that have actual voice actors instead of text, they have to re-voice EVERYTHING, and if they care about the details they'll also have to re-animate all the mouth movements and possibly some bodily gestures.

DOA4 came out only a few days later because they only had to change the menus... all of the duologue is still in Japanese.

Europe and Australia typically gets delayed because they use different video settings 50Hz instead of 60Hz which isn't always as easy as flipping a switch. A lot of times this can dramatically effect how the game runs and introduce a whole lot of graphical errors, as well as networking errors when playing over Live or LAN.

Again DOA4 only came out days later but they force you to use 60Hz... this is why.

Don't think that the wait is just arbitrary, There's no reason they wouldn't want to get the games and the consoles in your hands as soon as possible, but often times there are a lot of technical roadblocks be it in the game design or even manufacturing. For instance some countries require that games are made IN their own country due to trade laws, also some countries require government certification and review before they'll allow a game to be released, these kinds of things can dramatically set back a release date in those countries.

mayonnaise

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2006, 01:08:00 PM »

blink.gif I don't see how some of you people think this game is that hard............. blink.gif

deadpool66

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2006, 08:32:00 PM »

I just wanted to say yes the game has flaws, But most of them can easily be overlooked. The game really isnt that hard. Get frank to level 30 when you have 10 item slots and ten pieces of life and this makes the bosses easy as pie. Some people are just wusses you think some of the early bosses are hard wait till you fight brock at the end.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4