xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Changed My Mind. Crap.  (Read 720 times)

Hopeful

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« on: August 14, 2006, 12:08:00 AM »

Alright when you first get this game you will LOVE it!
Awesome graphics, great gameplay, awesome weapons, awesome enemies, EXCELLENT DEPTH
A ton of things to do, running over zombies with cars, etc 10 out of 10
It's finally putting the power of the 360 to use and you just wanna go pick up all the cars and guns and baseball bats and go to town for years because it's so good and so well made.

The game is the best game ever. Until about 30 minutes into it, when Capcom fucks up this beautiful game
by putting all of that beautiful content they've worked so hard to create OUT OF REACH... because it gets fucking impossible to play. HOW does this happen, you may skeptically ask after seeing the awesome previews and playing the awesome demo... Let me alphabetically enumerate the ways.

A ) At the very beginning of the game (and in the demo) you will have a little SPACE to move around in. Just enough space to pick off hordes and BARELY avoid getting attacked IF you're skilled, and it's fun. All that space disappears about 30 minutes in, and you have no room to attack. It would remain playable IF swarms were slow enough so you only get attacked when you're off your game. However the zombies are literally, mathematically, not slow enough for frank to swing at in such close quarters. During the attack, even distant zombies will reach you. You leap right into the middle of them, and you do NOT knock down a wide enough radius to compensate. (Even with the sledge hammer. With the Kitana, you don't even have a sweeping attack so you can only cut through a line of enemies.)

B ) But, making matters worse, during rescues you NEED to take down every single zombie in these crowded swarms, because rescuees will NOT dodge their way through even the THINNEST swarm. They will run 15 feet backwards just so they can get attacked. Literally every time, they run up to any remotely nearby zombie that's still standing, get themself grabbed, and yell "Help me Frank!". You will see. I'm not exaggerating.

C ) Can't believe the boss battles. They are unplayable unless you love to wittle your way out of long, stressful sessions of split-second dodging. There's no game to these battles either. There are no cues or level interactions built in. No safety zones, helpful opportunities or fight patterns narrated in. It's mainly comprised of stress. You just constantly dodge sharpshooters with superhuman aim, speed, and abilities.  It takes you at least 1.5 seconds to adjust your aim. You will be shot twice by then. (Which knocks you down) Your crosshairs usually start off target and they move slowly. The bosses weren't designed to compensate for this and they just keep firing at you really fast, taking only half second pauses. Forget healing yourself. By the time you lift a yogurt to your lips, said lips are lieing on the ground next to your scrotum. Forget getting close enough to hit the enemy with a blunt object. If you run out of ammo or don't have a gun, ya screwed. Sometimes they don't even give you one beforehand, and believe me a gun is the only way. (Except the grocery store owner. You can hide around the corner and pummel him with a lead pipe. You will laugh your ass off on that part. It's worth renting just for that.)

D ) Dickery! I thought this was inaccessable enough already. On top of all that, they even add extra sharp heat seeking deathrays. The park in the middle of the mall, which you use frequently, in addition to being scabbed with zombies... Has 3 convicts rolling around in a hummer for no reason. Its gunner can rapidly kill you from all the way accross the park, while you're trying to dodge zombies. If you manage to get close to it by barely dodging the continuous stream of accurate bullets, the guy with the baseball bat takes you out. If you try to run you will be quickly sharpshot, run over, and smacked until you die. I don't even know if you can kill them. (Or how you'd get a chance to aim at them.)

E ) Every time you're busting your ass, ghetto-rigging ways to get past the overly grab-saavy hordes, there's a constant ringing from the tranciever. If you answer it you can not fight or jump but the zombies are still in full-on action. You're pretty much constantly either contending with beeping or letting crap kill you. You're blackmailed by the beeping. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)  

An excellent product where you CANT USE what makes it excellent. It's like buying a Pagani Zonda that only holds 10 minutes worth of gas. You have it to gawk at, and it's filled with amazing design and the coolest features ever, and that all means dick because you can barely access it.

I still reccomend that you buy this game just to impress your friends and enjoy the amazing graphical affect of so many detailed enemies on the screen at once. In fact it would change my opinion if anyone could explain a reasonable way to take out the gun shop owner and the clown, without just running from them until you see a tiny opening to shoot.

This post has been edited by Hopeful: Aug 14 2006, 07:15 AM

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 12:45:00 AM »

im gona have to agree with him on alot of points.

Raul602

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 02:04:00 AM »

Bitter because you suck at the game?

The Gun store owner i have found are two good ways to kill him

1. Do a double tap so you can do the roll thing frank does, get close enough to him and hit him with katana/sword/lead pipe and just keep rolling so his shots dont hurt you.

2. get sniper rifle from the dad and two kids mission,  then go to store owner and as soon as his scene is over run outside kill the zombies out there. open both doors and stand next to the wall right before the entrance and use it as cover.  Then snipe him till hes dead.

The clown is fucking hard but always does the same moves.  I have killed him with sniper gun, shotgun and the katana..  just have to figure out his attack routine.

This post has been edited by Raul602: Aug 14 2006, 09:09 AM

jimjom

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 02:16:00 AM »

yeah, the game is pretty damn frustrating at first. but once your level raises and you have a good regiment of where and when to get weapons it's a lot funner.

-A get the maitenence key as soon as possible, makes running around alot more bareable. get a few of those special skills makes it alot easier to get through those hordes.

-B yes, the civilians are fucking retarded for the most part. ARM THEM APPROPRIATELY!!! I suggest a gun or two and a katana or two to tide 3+ people over. They are sooooooo dumb sometimes, they just bare RIGHT STRAIGHT THROUGH ANYTHING... not like Frank (us), who zig zags through it all.

-C hasnt been a boss I couldnt handle, even on my first time through. Get the machine gun, get a katana (or three), get some Orange Juice and go to town.

-D Dude, you're right. The convicts in the park are ridiculously hard. I try and get them to crash into a tree either right in front me or to the side. Once they keep ramming into the tree(s), take out that gunner! Then execute the passengers. I have done this 5+ times now... I am pretty good at getting rid of these fools. Not too hard, might take a couple of trys...

-E Yes, the tranciever is so freaking inconvenient and annoying! Not much to do about that. Find a safe spot and answer I guess.

I am a big fan of resident evil and most capcom classics. This game is really exactly what I wanted. I honestly love this game, and this game is honestly why I bought a 360. It's alot of fun and has awesome replayability. The second time through was mostly all new for me.

Hopeful

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 02:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Raul602 @ Aug 14 2006, 09:11 AM) *

Bitter because you suck at the game?

The Gun store owner i have found are two good ways to kill him

1. Do a double tap so you can do the roll thing frank does, get close enough to him and hit him with katana/sword/lead pipe and just keep rolling so his shots dont hurt you.
2. get sniper rifle from the dad and two kids mission,  then go to store owner and as soon as his scene is over run outside kill the zombies out there. open both doors and stand next to the wall right before the entrance and use it as cover.  Then snipe him till hes dead.
The clown is fucking hard but always does the same moves.  I have killed him with sniper gun, shotgun and the katana..  just have to figure out his attack routine.

Heck if I was bitter I wouldn't be smiling and joking.

More like you can't have fun at that parts i'm talking about, because they boil down to having to ghetto rig crap since playing it like a game will get you killed. I'm quite good at it, I'm just not seeing how it's supposed to be playable. The methods you are saying do indeed work but they feel more like having to ghetto-rig the game than playing it. Do you see what I'm saying?

This post has been edited by Hopeful: Aug 14 2006, 09:28 AM

Raul602

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 02:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Aug 14 2006, 09:23 AM) *

Heck if I was bitter I wouldn't be smiling and joking.

More like you can't have fun at that parts i'm talking about, because they boil down to having to ghetto rig crap since playing it like a game will get you killed. I'm quite good at it, I'm just not seeing how it's supposed to be playable. The methods you are saying do indeed work but they feel more like having to trick the game than playing it. Do you see what I'm saying?

Yeah now I know exactly what you are trying to say.  At first the game is fun to play around and have fun killing zombies .. The more you play the more intense and frustrating it gets  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)    You have to be watching your back all the time lol ...

The one annoying thing that i cant fucking stand in this game is that dam tranceiver(SP?)

holy shit it makes me want to stab my ears.  And also the fact that you cant attack/jump while talking on the phone, and if you cut OTIS off he calls back mad lol

Hopeful

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 02:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(jimjom @ Aug 14 2006, 09:23 AM) *

yeah, the game is pretty damn frustrating at first. but once your level raises and you have a good regiment of where and when to get weapons it's a lot funner.

-A get the maitenence key as soon as possible, makes running around alot more bareable. get a few of those special skills makes it alot easier to get through those hordes.

-B yes, the civilians are fucking retarded for the most part. ARM THEM APPROPRIATELY!!! I suggest a gun or two and a katana or two to tide 3+ people over. They are sooooooo dumb sometimes, they just bare RIGHT STRAIGHT THROUGH ANYTHING... not like Frank (us), who zig zags through it all.

-C hasnt been a boss I couldnt handle, even on my first time through. Get the machine gun, get a katana (or three), get some Orange Juice and go to town.

-D Dude, you're right. The convicts in the park are ridiculously hard. I try and get them to crash into a tree either right in front me or to the side. Once they keep ramming into the tree(s), take out that gunner! Then execute the passengers. I have done this 5+ times now... I am pretty good at getting rid of these fools. Not too hard, might take a couple of trys...

-E Yes, the tranciever is so freaking inconvenient and annoying! Not much to do about that. Find a safe spot and answer I guess.
I am a big fan of resident evil and most capcom classics. This game is really exactly what I wanted. I honestly love this game, and this game is honestly why I bought a 360. It's alot of fun and has awesome replayability. The second time through was mostly all new for me.

A ) Maintenence tunnel key? Got it.  I remember that thing being absolutely filled with zombies when driving through it to get the thing though.

B ) The guys i'm talking about WERE armed.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) They still couldn't fight. That's sad.

C ) How did you handle the spanish guy? Did you just have to keep running and dodging his overly sharp shots, until you got a tiny opportunity? I can do that too but it feels more like halo than a boss battle.

D ) So you can kill them...

That's one good thing. Do they stay dead?

QUOTE(Raul602 @ Aug 14 2006, 09:30 AM) *

Yeah now I know exactly what you are trying to say.  At first the game is fun to play around and have fun killing zombies .. The more you play the more intense and frustrating it gets  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)    You have to be watching your back all the time lol ...

The one annoying thing that i cant fucking stand in this game is that dam tranceiver(SP?)
holy shit it makes me want to stab my ears.  And also the fact that you cant attack/jump while talking on the phone, and if you cut OTIS off he calls back mad lol

Oh I hear ya brutha

Otis is a little twat, I kinda like making him mad
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

This post has been edited by Hopeful: Aug 14 2006, 09:40 AM

Raul602

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 02:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Aug 14 2006, 09:39 AM) *

A ) Maintenence tunnel key? Got it.  I remember that thing being absolutely filled with zombies when driving through it to get the thing though.

B ) The guys i'm talking about WERE armed.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) They still couldn't fight. That's sad.

C ) How did you handle the spanish guy? Did you just have to keep running and dodging his overly sharp shots, until you got a tiny opportunity? I can do that too but it feels more like halo than a boss battle.

D ) So you can kill them...

That's one good thing. Do they stay dead?
Oh I hear ya brutha

Otis is a little twat, I kinda like making him mad
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Have you beaten the cult leader yet?
When you beat him he drops a book that makes the people you rescue more aggresive with zombies and they attack them or run away with you. I have found it alot fucking easier with that book to save people and cash in on some PP points with that book.. But i still let them die most of the time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Hopeful

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 02:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(Raul602 @ Aug 14 2006, 09:43 AM) *

Have you beaten the cult leader yet?
When you beat him he drops a book that makes the people you rescue more aggresive with zombies and they attack them or run away with you. I have found it alot fucking easier with that book to save people and cash in on some PP points with that book.. But i still let them die most of the time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Hah, well that's actually an incentive then.

"i still let them die most of the time"

Barricaded Pair A, I know exactly what you mean

CreziB

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »

I beat the main story lastnight, now I'm on the 24 hours thing.  

I don't agree with the original post.  If I don't want to fight zombies, I run around them or jump on them.  I killed the hummer convicts with a sniper rifle while they kept plowing into trees.  I had no problem/threat while taking them out.

I rescued a bunch of people and never worried much about them dying, just about time.  Guns aren't very important in the first half of the game, but the last third of the game, guns are a must.  I stock up on shotguns at the gunshop and then once the special forces came, I kept 5 machine guns and 4 food items.

The game worked flawlessly for me in terms of fun gameplay and technical aspects.  Sure, I dropped the F bomb on a couple missions, but I realized what would make the mission easier and gathered those items before tackling it again.

I'm very happy with the game.

jtom617

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »

I like this game kinda, im as far as you meet those punks in that jeep type thing, and i try to kill them, and they use that big turret and OWN me. Also, is it me, or am i getting jewed on the saving? whenever i save, i try to load it, and it starts the whole damn game over. I think im just not getting anything with this game, thats all, but i guess it was fun for a while, now it just sucks!  dry.gif

jimjom

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »

to kil the guys in the jeep either get them to crash in to a tree and just pick the gunner off first then finish the fools. the skinnier trees are easier to get the jump on them with.....

or just get a sniper, get some distance and finish em off easy. either or...

REMEMBER TO REST ON THE SOFA OR GO TO A RESTROOM TO SAVE. ALWAYS SAVE. ALWAYS.

Damaso

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »

This game is childs play. I beat it already. Some people dont understand its all about strategy. If you love zombie movies this is a must have

Hopeful

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(CreziB @ Aug 14 2006, 07:37 PM) *

I beat the main story lastnight, now I'm on the 24 hours thing.  

I don't agree with the original post.  If I don't want to fight zombies, I run around them or jump on them.  I killed the hummer convicts with a sniper rifle while they kept plowing into trees.  I had no problem/threat while taking them out.

I rescued a bunch of people and never worried much about them dying, just about time.  Guns aren't very important in the first half of the game, but the last third of the game, guns are a must.  I stock up on shotguns at the gunshop and then once the special forces came, I kept 5 machine guns and 4 food items.

The game worked flawlessly for me in terms of fun gameplay and technical aspects.  Sure, I dropped the F bomb on a couple missions, but I realized what would make the mission easier and gathered those items before tackling it again.

I'm very happy with the game.

Are you sure you played 'dead rising'? It seems like we're playing 2 different games. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

The hummer convicts, I agree that it may be possible to kill them that way but it feels broken that you have to resort to glitching the game that way to get around their overly sharp abilities and take them out.

"I rescued a bunch of people and never worried much about them dying, just about time."
Well you must have a magical disk or something because even when they have weapons, they run up to every zombie that's even remotely close, and hug them like they think the zombie's going to give them free money. Maybe the book makes them less beligerantly retarded, I'll check it out.

Guns not required for the first few bosses? (Notice I said needing guns for BOSS battles.) How were you able to beat carlito without a gun? If you manage to get close to him, which is an uber-challenge, if you try to hit him he grabs you with a unstoppable move. Frank is slapped to the ground with grenade to talk to. It says hey ..EXPLOSION! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) It IS possible to defeat him by glitching away from his bullets by hiding behind obstacles, and slowly wittling away at him, taking off a bit of life here and there if you're lucky. As I said, that feels more like ghetto-rigging a victory than a boss battle. If you can describe a way that works like a true boss battle, with exploitable patterns or level layouts, then I will change my mind. I've found boss battle aspects to 2 bosses so far.
You may prove me wrong and describe one for Carlito as well. I would not mind that.

The Grocery Owner: Wait betwen any 2 aisles and wait for him to unready his weapon or turn his side to you. Run around real fast and beat the hell out of him with a lead pipe. Avoid the tip of his cart. If he doesn't leave an opening, lure him into any aisle and run into the next. He stops short, running past where he needs to and struggles with his momentum for a quick moment.  Run out, beat his ass, and laugh. Get 5 or 6 good whacks in at a time. This has a good boss battle layout.

The Clown: Run out into the zombies and he will start focusing most of his direct attacks on them. Run to the top floor, jump kick some cops and take ya some pistols. When you see that goofball runnin at ya, lure him into a crowd of zombies. Watch for when he is blowing up a baloon and shoot that sucker. BLAM, instant damage. Another good boss battle layout.

Does carlito have anything besides glitching away from his bullets and wittling away at him? Does he have a reasonable boss battle layout that I'm not seeing?

This post has been edited by Hopeful: Aug 15 2006, 01:04 AM

CreziB

• Archived User
Changed My Mind. Crap.
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 10:07:00 PM »

Sniper Carlito
When Carlito has the sniper rifle, I run up the escalator and take a right while brad takes a left.  Carlito always seems to be on the right side of the top floor there.  I just haul down the left side, he won't hit you.  Once I get to the first little crossing bridge, I hide behind a pillar so he can't shoot me.  Then, I wait for Brad to distract Carlito with gunfire.  When he's not looking, I run across the bridge and stay behind the nearest pillar.  Then, Brad does his thing again.  I just bust it and run right up to him with a Katana/Sword/Battle Axe and kick his ass.  He knocks me down maybe 3-4 times before I finish him.  

Grocery Store Owner
I just wait at the end of an isle with a katana/Sword/Battle Axe.  When he comes around the corner and stops, I whack the hell out of him.  I just repeat this.  I'm not above throwing sh*t at him sometimes.  Shotgun is nice, too, but I usually use the blades.

Clown
I seriously just beat his a$$ with a manequin torso.  I wait for him to go through his regular moves and then run in for a quick hit and back off.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4