xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Dead Rising Out Today!  (Read 903 times)

tgm4883

• Archived User
Dead Rising Out Today!
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heet @ Aug 9 2006, 05:09 PM) View Post

Broken save system.  Next game please.

Want to elaborate a little for someone thinking about buying the game?

Heet

• Archived User
Dead Rising Out Today!
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »

Well pretty much you have to reload everytime you die.  If you dont save at the right time you start the game all over.  Ya its gay like that.

The game is built around a watch.  You have only so much time to complete a "mission" so if you save often you will most probably save at a bad time and can't beat the mission anyways.  

Fighting the save system is really the game here.

This post has been edited by Heet: Aug 10 2006, 12:48 AM

tgm4883

• Archived User
Dead Rising Out Today!
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2006, 05:47:00 PM »

Well being that you linked to a forum thread with one post I will have to speculate.

The game is based around a watch, and you have to complete the missions in a certain amount of time.  I read the thread you linked to and can only come to one conclusion since I don't own the game.  If you save the game during a mission does it make you start from the beginning of that mission?  Someone with the game should test this by beating a couple missions, then saving in the middle of like the third mission.  When you come back to the game (after turning off the 360) Do you start at the beginning of the third mission  and not the middle?  If thats the case it doesn't sound broke to me?

Is there an autosave feature?  Does it save after the completion of each mission?

taikwondoejoe

• Archived User
Dead Rising Out Today!
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2006, 05:52:00 PM »

I don't think it autosaves cause I finished the first mission, died, and had to start completely over.

Hopeful

• Archived User
Dead Rising Out Today!
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

pff who cares?

You get to run around throwing cd-cases into zombie eye-sockets then pie them in the face, cut their legs off with a scythe, then drive a porche over their sorry asses hundreds at a time. Then you take pictures of the sickness for experience points... the surroundings and graphics kick ass. Most importantly (a first on the xbox or 360) the controls are actually quirky and fun like a playstation game.

First halfway fun 360 game out yet!

This post has been edited by Hopeful: Aug 10 2006, 01:13 AM

Heet

• Archived User
Dead Rising Out Today!
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2006, 06:11:00 PM »

Well that was going to be one of many links but then i figured why bother.  Some people will like it, some will hate it.  

Its not a broken game, the save system just sucks ass.  Waa waaa waaa.

tgm4883

• Archived User
Dead Rising Out Today!
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2006, 06:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(taikwondoejoe @ Aug 9 2006, 05:59 PM) View Post

I don't think it autosaves cause I finished the first mission, died, and had to start completely over.

Haven't played it yet so stop me if I'm not making sense, but....

Did you just finish the mission AND move on to the next mission(time block).  I hear if you finish the mission early you get to have free time.  So maybe you didn't hit the auto save part yet (unless you had started the next mission)

Seth Bruce

• Archived User
Dead Rising Out Today!
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2006, 06:55:00 PM »

Hey just bought Dead Rising today.  I think the game has a bug in it cause every 5-10 minutes the whole game just freezes, causing me to have to just start all over.  I've taken it back to the store and gotten a new copy and still the same problems.  Maybe I just have bad luck?  I am really frustrated at the game now.  The game itself is the best thing out for 360!  Even though it freezes all the time I keep finding myself playing it, or at least trying to.  You got any tips or answers as to why it keeps freezing?  I tried all my other 360 games and they all played as smooth as silk as usual.  It's Dead Rising that my system seems to not agree with.  I will not give up though.  This game is too good to forget about or even think about passing up.  I'll keep taking it back and getting a different copy, hoping that this freezing problem isn't on all copies!

hit me back soon\
seth
(angry dude with the freezing game!)

Heet

• Archived User
Dead Rising Out Today!
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2006, 07:09:00 PM »

No.  You get one gamesave.  The game constantly overwrites that gamesave anytime you save.

Maybe im just explaining it wrong.  These guys may do it better.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/dea...&pid=928326

This post has been edited by Heet: Aug 10 2006, 02:10 AM

boxrocker

• Archived User
Dead Rising Out Today!
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »

1.  The tutorial sucks.  I've died several times now because the game forgot to tell me how to get out of the hold of a zombie.

2.  Some camera angles really suck

3.  Needs more save slots.  One is not enough.

tgm4883

• Archived User
Dead Rising Out Today!
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2006, 09:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heet @ Aug 9 2006, 07:09 PM) View Post

No.  You get one gamesave.  The game constantly overwrites that gamesave anytime you save.
Maybe im just explaining it wrong.  These guys may do it better.
http://www.gamespot....a...&pid=928326

So I suppose you could just play it like it was real life, you only get one life and if you die then your done, sell the game.

Or you could just save at the start of every mission.

What happens when you fail a mission?  Do you die?  Does the game restart the mission?  Do you restart from the beginning?

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Dead Rising Out Today!
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »

havnt played with the save system yet, havnt played the game. im gona rent it on my game pass first...  sad.gif

jimjom

• Archived User
Dead Rising Out Today!
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2006, 12:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Aug 9 2006, 11:54 PM) View Post

dont you work there?  biggrin.gif

yeah.... my store switched over to the new POS, ebgames' one... all the paper 'shoebox' reserves were put into the computer. the person (co-employee) put my name in ridiculously wrong... took F O R E V E R.

themadman123

• Archived User
Dead Rising Out Today!
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2006, 12:18:00 AM »

So far, I've gotta say that this game is really fun. I mean it dosn't get much better than killing thousands of zombies. Anyways, I am having on problem. Suddenly whenever I get a cut-scene, the audio cuts out. No audio at all. But when I get back into the actual game, everything is fine and the audio sounds perfect. If anyone else has or had this problem and fixed it because I don't wanna play through the whole game reading subtitles and looking at words instead of looking at the game.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Dead Rising Out Today!
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2006, 12:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(jimjom @ Aug 10 2006, 07:11 AM) View Post

yeah.... my store switched over to the new POS, ebgames' one... all the paper 'shoebox' reserves were put into the computer. the person (co-employee) put my name in ridiculously wrong... took F O R E V E R.

haha, the shoes box has brought me to the point of almost fisticuffs more then one time  biggrin.gif  really....

edit... dont bring The Sandlot into this =)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5