xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dead Rising Infos (you Should Read It Comon Read)  (Read 604 times)

BoyScout

• Archived User
Dead Rising Infos (you Should Read It Comon Read)
« on: April 17, 2006, 04:14:00 PM »

Im real hyped about this game and i just want you to get hyped about this game and also this is for some of thoes people who were complaining and didnt seem right (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

First off the game is coming April - June 2006, and this like an almost promised date.

Ok first off the graphic does not suck. You can have 100 zombies on screen that is just amazing. This game is a total hack and slash almost open ended game. So you start out as Frank West hearing there is zombie in the mall. You play as a role pretty much like a detective and have 72 hours (in game time), which in real life time is 7.2 hours to find what started the zombie. 10 game hours = 1 real life hour. The reason capcom did this is becuase they did not expect you to finish the game one time through. Well in the end of the 72 hours a helicopter will come and rescue you.

As for the simple game play, that also is not true. As stated before you prob wont finish the game one time through or atleast thats what they expect. Ok waiting for helicopter is easy 7.2 hours of hack and slash; however, finding out what caused the zombie you have to do side quest and help NPC's out and they say "find clues" It seems like this game is perfect for the 360 with its whole achievement, its def something you might want to beat 100%. Also there is foods in this game to raise your health. Ok you might think you just eat the food; however, capcom once again got smart becuase the food goes wrong so you have to cook it. This aint call of duty where you wait and heal 100%, if your surround by zombie low health and no food around your dead... unlike call of duty again.

And as far as item go so far there is 250 items, now thats a lot. The items can range from light sabers to a safety cone. And they all have interesting effect on them. Also this game has lots of blood which is pretty tight.

Ok and some people said there is no remain left over that sucks. Well the thing is getting 100 zombie on screen is hard enough. Well you still get to see the blood while they die (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Replay value as i stated will be very high due to the fact you have to do side quest to actually finish the main quest. And being a time limit they expect the main quest to be hard... So capcom wants you to play over and over hack and slash. Its a new type of replaying but i think it seems intresting.

As some people said is there online co-op. Im not sure about that, but that definately will be cool but i doubt it.

Your Controller:
Up (D-pad): Use bare hands
Down (D-pad): Put down weapon
Left (D-pad): Check watch
Right (D-pad): Answer radio communication
LT: Toggle camera mode
LB: Switch items
RT: Aiming Mode
Y: Communicate
B: Check/Pick-Up
A: Jump
X: Attack (hold to perform different attacks)
Right analog: reset camera view
Left analog: move character
R3: reset camera position

So, alot of these are already known facts, and already been answered. However, i still see 100's of posts so here you go guys. A lot of these are actually from IGN so keep it up there also. They are really good.

I think Dead Rising is going to be an awsome game thats going to take atleast 14 hours to beat (that means you play it through twice..) But i expect lots of achievements for this game i mean 250 items is a lot and i bet there adding secrets.. And thoes achievement scores always looks good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This game is going to be awsome thats all I have to say.

Guys check out N3: Ninety-Nine Nights, and Too Human. Oh can cant miss out Saint's Row. These are also going to be an awsome game. Btw these are all xbox 360 exclusive that means only on xbox 360. Expect for saint row i think.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 07:52:00 PM »

Bodies disappear immediately and its the same animation when killing the zombies.  Meh.

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 09:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heet @ Apr 17 2006, 06:52 PM) View Post

Bodies disappear immediately and its the same animation when killing the zombies.  Meh.

That is pretty crappy. I loved the way the bodies stayed there in Oblivion and how you could stack them up ontop of each other (they dont go through each other).

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 07:30:00 AM »

it looks like a good fun game..

but please don't HYPE anything...

HYPE kills the experience once you get the game because it's impossible for games to live up to the perfect image people create in their heads.

I didn't pay attention to any of the Tomb Raider hype, I bought the game when it came out and I'm having great fun playing it, same goes for Oblivion.

I guarantee you I would have been disappointed with Tomb Raider (like many others) if I had paid attention to the hype and soaked up all the info I could on it before I played it.

I've seen the trailer for Dead Rising, it looks fun.... THATS IT. Please don't hype it, because if you hype it I'll probably end up not enjoying it or NOT getting it.

This post has been edited by twistedsymphony: Apr 18 2006, 02:31 PM

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 10:07:00 AM »

I am super pumped for this. I love zombie mania. From Night Of to Resident Evil.

Got to play a minute of this at CES and I could tell it was gonna incredible.

Look at all the stupid monkey doo doo everyone was saying about Oblivion, "they ruined it, it's not gonna be as good." What the fuck ever!!

I just played Oblivion for like 8 hours straight last night.... and like, whoa.

September is so so far away. Man that's gonna be a great couple of months... gears of war then dead rising.

metaldevil

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »

I remember watching the trailer for this. It seems, to me, that all you do is kill zombies with real and makeshift weapons in a mall. It also looked like the zombies won't put up a fight if you're trying to kill them. The zombies looked as harmless as the purple pacifist shapes in Geo Wars. It might be fun for half an hour, but I think I'd get bored of it quickly.

It is impressive to see a lot of characters on-screen at once, but this game better have some meat to it other than that.

When it's released, I'll rent it and make up my mind if it was worth it, but, as it stands, there's no way I'm buying this game if it turns out to be as boring as the trailer depicts.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »

hype or not im really excited for this game.  anything zombie related perks my interest (except for the mindless sony drones  dry.gif ).

however i am a bit concerned about the whole 7 hour play-through time.  even if a game is reported to be short (fable for ex.) i like to take my time and get all i could out of the game which is why i spent almost 40 hours playing through fable and loved it.  its fine for those who care to rush through a game and miss things here and there but i would at least like the choice to be able to take my time with something.  hopefully this wont effect the adventure gamers out there like me.

also back at last years E3 they said they wanted to have at least a 1000 zombies on the screen and now its down to a hundred?  i know the 1k quote wasnt meant to be a constant wave of zombies but the end scene in the original trailer of him shooting the hord of zombies while he was on the truck looked not only impressive but way fun.  i hope the 100 zombie count is only an average and they are still able to meat their goals for really giving you a crowd of zombies to make you soil your pants  tongue.gif

so far this is still a purchase for me and i will wait until closer to release before i make my final desicion.  also i thought the game got delayed again past the june release date.

metaldevil

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 12:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Apr 18 2006, 01:07 PM) *
(except for the mindless sony drones  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) )
Don't forget about the mindless MS drones, too. Those guys are worse than the Sony drones because they don't realize they're drones. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Apr 18 2006, 01:07 PM) *
at last years E3 they said they wanted to have at least a 1000 zombies on the screen and now its down to a hundred?
I just realized that the reason for the seemingly non-existent A.I. in the trailer could probably be attributed to having so many game-governed characters on-screen at once. I'm not a game developer, but I imagine it would take a lot of computing power to calculate A.I. for 1,000 (or even 100) zombies. Like I said, I'll wait and rent. The company making this might surprise me in the end, but if they don't, my suspicions will be confirmed.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 12:24:00 PM »

Ahhh, Dead Rising.  For me, it's one of those games that I really want to play... but I don't want to spend a single dime on it.  Hopefully a friend will pick it up and let me borrow it for a weekend.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 12:20:00 PM »

Kameo has a few massive scenes like that...

if you watch any of the behind the scenes stuff you'll realize a lot of the stuff in that game they just went overboard to see what they could do and when the console just did it, they left it in the game  laugh.gif

IIRC the battle scene towards the end has over 1000 trolls where it was originally only going to have 25 or so, since the console just did it with a smile they left it in. Similarly the throne room ceiling has over 1 million independent light sources, originally they only planned for about 1000 but since the console just did it they left it in.... cool stuff...

I have no doubt they could get 1000 on the screen at once if they really wanted to.

Watching the trailer it reminded me of Evil Dead Regeneration for the Xbox 1 (if you haven't played it go rent it, it's stupid fun and very entertaining).

Basically what I was saying about hype... if they planned on 1000 zombie and they only get 100, you'll be excited for 1000 and get disappointed when it doesn't deliver. You get hyped on enough features like that and the game becomes a complete let down (a-la all the Halo fans who hyped themselves out of enjoying
Halo 2). Where I've only seen the trailer I have a vague impression of what the game will be like so everything I experience when I play it will be a pleasant surprise.

It's just like when you're hyped for a movie, see all the funny parts in the trailers, and read/watch cast and crew interviews to the point where you can recite the script. it's like seeing the flick for the 2nd time when you first watch it, except some stuff you were hoping to see was removed, all the scenes are predictable, and the funny parts just arn't as funny anymore.

Getting interest in a game is good, hyping it constantly is bad..

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 02:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Apr 18 2006, 02:00 PM) View Post

Don't forget about the mindless MS drones, too. Those guys are worse than the Sony drones because they don't realize they're drones. wink.gif

I just realized that the reason for the seemingly non-existent A.I. in the trailer could probably be attributed to having so many game-governed characters on-screen at once. I'm not a game developer, but I imagine it would take a lot of computing power to calculate A.I. for 1,000 (or even 100) zombies. Like I said, I'll wait and rent. The company making this might surprise me in the end, but if they don't, my suspicions will be confirmed.

you can say that about any zombie/fanboy, half of them dont realize how biased they really are.  the one thing i notice between xbox and sony fanboys is that at least xbox fanboys are usually more at least more educated where the sony zombies will go by the word of people like Kenny K.   rolleyes.gif   people call me a fanboy, but im not ignorant to the actions of nintendo (which i love and respect) and sony, its just a game preference to me IMO.  

as for the 360 not being able to handle 1000 characters on screen with AI, i find that hard to believe.  kameo had scenes that displayed 3-5k characters at once all with their own AI, during an afterthought interview they even mentioned during the same huge battle scene they wanted to see how many characters they can push before the 360 crashed and they had 12k characters running around with AI enabled in the game world with not a problem.  i imagine that IF they dont have 1000 zombies on the screen at once, it would be more of a design choice and not too much effected by contraints.  especially with how easy the AI should be for some "mindless" zombies

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Apr 18 2006, 02:27 PM) View Post

Kameo has a few massive scenes like that...

if you watch any of the behind the scenes stuff you'll realize a lot of the stuff in that game they just went overboard to see what they could do and when the console just did it, they left it in the game  laugh.gif

IIRC the battle scene towards the end has over 1000 trolls where it was originally only going to have 25 or so, since the console just did it with a smile they left it in. Similarly the throne room ceiling has over 1 million independent light sources, originally they only planned for about 1000 but since the console just did it they left it in.... cool stuff...

I have no doubt they could get 1000 on the screen at once if they really wanted to.

Watching the trailer it reminded me of Evil Dead Regeneration for the Xbox 1 (if you haven't played it go rent it, it's stupid fun and very entertaining).

Basically what I was saying about hype... if they planned on 1000 zombie and they only get 100, you'll be excited for 1000 and get disappointed when it doesn't deliver. You get hyped on enough features like that and the game becomes a complete let down (a-la all the Halo fans who hyped themselves out of enjoying
Halo 2). Where I've only seen the trailer I have a vague impression of what the game will be like so everything I experience when I play it will be a pleasant surprise.

It's just like when you're hyped for a movie, see all the funny parts in the trailers, and read/watch cast and crew interviews to the point where you can recite the script. it's like seeing the flick for the 2nd time when you first watch it, except some stuff you were hoping to see was removed, all the scenes are predictable, and the funny parts just arn't as funny anymore.

Getting interest in a game is good, hyping it constantly is bad..

im not hyping myself about anything, that is why i keep up with games so i know what to expect.  i do understand what your saying though.  other then the dissapointing lack of co-op over LAN/LIVE i loved halo 2 and im sure that even if they dont show 1k zombies on the screen at once ill still enjoy the game.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »

the hype speech was for the OP and jimjom not you KAGE  wink.gif

I know I could care less if theres 100 zombies or 1000, but some people get so worked up over this stuff that once the game comes out I have to browse through 100s of threads like "Oblivion sucks because it doesn't have self shadowing"... give me a break just play the damn game and enjoy it.

metaldevil

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Apr 18 2006, 04:36 PM) *
you can say that about any zombie/fanboy, half of them dont realize how biased they really are
LOL, So true.

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Apr 18 2006, 04:36 PM) *
kameo had scenes that displayed 3-5k characters at once all with their own AI
Sorry to go off-topic, but does the game slow down a lot with that many characters on-screen? If it doesn't, I'm going to have to find a friend with that game as I've only played the demo.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Apr 18 2006, 05:04 PM) View Post

LOL, So true.

Sorry to go off-topic, but does the game slow down a lot with that many characters on-screen? If it doesn't, I'm going to have to find a friend with that game as I've only played the demo.

from reading reviews, i dont remember reading a consistent issues with the frame rate.  like i said, i dont see it being an issue, if the system runs fine with 12k+ characters, then i dont see it being choppy with only 5k.  

even on the demo you can see how a lot can happen on the screen with little issue.  usually with that demo i never got any farther then the beginning.  i loved how the scene looked with dragons flying in the distance and huge flaming rocks being hurled through the air.