xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tgs Dead Rising Media..  (Read 814 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Tgs Dead Rising Media..
« on: September 14, 2005, 11:54:00 PM »

http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_1987_en.html

DAMN!!

did this game get a facelift or what!?!?

Guess what IM buying!!

Damn this fuggin system!!!

I wasnt planning on this one, and look what happens!!!!!!!!!!

damn this kick ass beast of a system!!!!!!!!!!!

ikecomp

• Archived User
Tgs Dead Rising Media..
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »

Everything just looks so gooord!! ph34r.gif

Thats it....I officially lust for this system

Infamous_One

• Archived User
Tgs Dead Rising Media..
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 02:02:00 AM »

wink.gif  i see the same thing they showed at E3 , he's missing a bit of his finger , the one with the camera.  rolleyes.gif

Infamous_One

• Archived User
Tgs Dead Rising Media..
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 02:05:00 AM »

god damn it , there clones , theres like 5 of the yellow shirt , 3 same cops , wtf , i believed that by now on next gen there would be unique instead of the same thing over again.  sleeping.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
Tgs Dead Rising Media..
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 07:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Infamous_One @ Sep 15 2005, 04:16 AM)
god damn it , there clones , theres like 5 of the yellow shirt , 3 same cops , wtf , i believed that by now on next gen there would be unique instead of the same thing over again.  sleeping.gif

Shinamano

• Archived User
Tgs Dead Rising Media..
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 08:49:00 AM »

Holy flirking shnit this looks incredible...stop posting pick of games that I was not going to get but am now forced to do so because of the beauty grr.gif

Nah keep going...I needed this to re-inviorate my love of games  love.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Tgs Dead Rising Media..
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 10:57:00 AM »

Its been 8 or 9 hours since I posted these and I just looked at them again and cant get over how good it looks compared to the crap we saw b4!

another Definite!!!!  love.gif

kendrid

• Archived User
Tgs Dead Rising Media..
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »

miggidy

• Archived User
Tgs Dead Rising Media..
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »

I am so hyped for this game!

Zombie smashing time!
I can't wait to pound the shit out of these zombies!

Redrum Redrum Redrum!
Kill! Kill! Kill! grr.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Tgs Dead Rising Media..
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005, 09:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ Sep 15 2005, 11:56 PM)
I am so hyped for this game!

Deftech

• Archived User
Tgs Dead Rising Media..
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ Sep 16 2005, 12:10 AM)
hahahahaha

brooksie48

• Archived User
Tgs Dead Rising Media..
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2005, 10:07:00 PM »

Miggidy is on a role!

Deftech

• Archived User
Tgs Dead Rising Media..
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 10:03:00 PM »

September 16, 2005 - Dead Rising was one of the pleasant surprises at this year's E3, with a demo that displayed thousands of zombies stalking the floor of a ravaged shopping mall. The build we played in may took place in a hardware store and offered us access to an assortment of makeshift weapons, but lacked a HUD or any real objectives. It was obvious that the game has progressed significantly since then as we headed back into the bastion of consumerism to crack some skulls.

The build at TGS began with a quick intro that set the main character up as a reporter willing to wade through of smelly, violent crowds in order to obtain a big scoop. The plot was familiar except that these crowds are comprised of unholy corpses searching for human flesh. The game started as we were dropped on top of a kiosk in a circular meeting area of the mall. The floor below swarmed with zombies, and the only option is to jump into the fray.

In this build there were a huge number of weapons available. Almost everything could be picked up and put into an inventory including a baseball bat, a metal pipe, and various food items that replenish health. Larger tools included a parasol that leveled crowds, a garbage can, and a heavy cash register. Simply holding the B button near one of these items picks it up and attacks are performed by either mashing or holding down the X button for a special attack. For example, holding X with the baseball bat causes the main character to wind up and shoot for the bleachers with any zombie head that gets in the way. After a certain number of uses a weapon will break and become useless, but this hardly presented a problem in the levels we played. Players can cycle through their weapons with the d-pad and it appears that a rather large number of objects can be stored at any one time. This game isn't about item management, its about chaos and action.

In the mall lobby, two humans stood on top of the other food kiosks. By jumping near the food stands, the main character can automatically climb to the higher level. Zombies can also be used as a climbing surface in a hilarious animation where we ran over their shoulders and heads.

Players can talk to the trapped humans to receive new objectives, or bash them over the head along with the zombies. Later, you'll have to decide if you are willing to sacrifice the life of a human in order to whip out their camera and snap a priceless shot of a zombie attack. For now, we took the heroic path and headed into the hardware store where more humans were hiding. In this area we immediately headed for one of three chainsaws and sliced our way to the back of the store. The blood animation have come a long way since we last viewed the game with a shiny wet spray bursting from every corpse that was mowed down.

After rescuing two humans we were rewarded with a shotgun that neatly fragmented the zombies ahead of it. The right trigger causes the camera to zoom over the main character's shoulder and give players a first person view that is useful for precise aiming. Advancing from the hardware store, players then enter a butcher shop where giant slabs of meat hand from the ceiling. Here, a giant fat man is holding a woman captive and the journalist must intercede. This boss battle plays out using the same combat system, only this time the enemy has a very long health bar and a charge attack that made lining up a shot with a projectile weapon very difficult.

In the case of Dead Rising, the power of 360 has been used to increase the sheer number of objects on screen. Every shelf is packed with objects and the number of zombies on screen, moving and inanimate, never seemed to dip below 20. While Dead Rising doesn't have the visual oomph of a game like PGR3 we can already say that chopping our way through crowds of living dead is definitely a good time. We'll have more on Dead Rising in the weeks ahead.

Deftech

• Archived User
Tgs Dead Rising Media..
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2005, 10:59:00 AM »

laugh.gif

Heet

• Archived User
Tgs Dead Rising Media..
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »

It looks unbelievable.  I first thought they were CG but......not.  Only thing is like infamous said, same guy over and over.  Didnt notice it at first glance to tell the truth, but it looks like you'd fight one group of guys, then go and fight the same group again.  Meh.
Pages: [1] 2