xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Doa On August 25th  (Read 1347 times)

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Doa On August 25th
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2006, 10:21:00 AM »

Peter Jackson also had $50 to his name when he made Dead Alive.  And he made Bad Taste which may have been worse.  Uwe Boll is literally given EVERYTHING he needs (star talent, funding, licencing, etc.) to make a good movie and he butchers them.  He's got no directorial talent, no story-writing talent and no imagination.  Worst of all, he blames the press for his "failures" and not himself.  PJ at least has vision and self-accountability.  Speaking of PJ, I wonder how Halo will turn out.  Thank Christ MS didn't sell it to Uwe Boll's funders.

Shinamano

• Archived User
Doa On August 25th
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »

Peter Jackson worked on 'Dead Alive'? Are you sure? I don't think he did, I think you may be thinking of 'Bad Taste'...

BTW Dead Alive is a classic b rate horror movie...what is better then mowing down hordes of zombies...with a lawnmower? smile.gif

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Doa On August 25th
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »

You're right shin... I got mixed up!  Bad Taste was his first movie.  It was the Frighteners he worked on that I was thinking of.  I have seen Dead Alive... but i'd give it C-rated horror.  Funny shit though.  I will give it marks for trying to be campy!   laugh.gif

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Doa On August 25th
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

I thought I was the only person who saw Dead Alive, lol. Loved that movie (for the gore only). Will never forget the dinner scene.  jester.gif

I bought House of the Dead as a horror movie, I didn't even realize it was based after the game (never really played the game) when I bought it and couldn't believe I bought such a horrible movie. Out of my horror collection of 100 or so movies, that is the only one I ever consider selling, just because I don't want it in my collection cause it's that damn bad.

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
Doa On August 25th
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »

Being from NZ I can assue you Dead Alive is directed and made by PJ. Over here it's called Brain Dead however. He first made Bad Taste, then Dead Alive but ran out of money, so made Meet the Feebles to get some cash, then finished Dead Alive, from memory. Meet the Feebles is a messed up version of The Muppets, done PJ style wink.gif

Then he made Heavenly Creatures for which he was nominated for an Oscar... might have got something for effects, not sure. This caught the US attention. Then he got funding from the US and made The Frighteners and LOTR etc...
Pages: 1 2 [3]