xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Play Crackdown On Xbox Live  (Read 623 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Can't Play Crackdown On Xbox Live
« on: May 16, 2007, 07:47:00 AM »

Last night I was playing crackdown co-op with a friend of mine, he was hosting..

both of have all of the lastest packs including the pay one.

After several hours of gameplay I get a message in crackdown that says something to the effect of "Xbox Live options for this game have been disabled and are no longer available" it was worded really funny. I push "A" to contintinue

Then I get "you have been disconnected from the host" ok so I just lost the connection, I push "A" again

Then the right hand guide slides in saying "there is an update available for this game would you like to update now?" along with an alert stating "disconnected from Xbox Live" I think they must have pushed out an update while I was playing, ok. I select "update now"

the left hand guide slides in with a status bar and then slides right back out, the right hand slides back in and say "cannot connect to xbox live servers please check your network settings... blah blah blah" I select ok

The console dumps me back into the dash where I'm instantly reconnected to Xbox Live... I start a voice chat with my friend to see if he is having the same problem and he's not... I reboot the console i tried getting in a few more times and NOTHING.. every time I try to play Crackdown it tells me there is an update and then it can't download the update and I can't log into Xbox Live.

I have a few things I'm going to try tonight (alternate accounts, alternate games, clearing the cache, etc.) but has anyone else experienced this?

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 07:16:00 AM »

sorry man, cant help ya, update worked fine for me this morning.

but if you want to play some co-op time trials on psychotic sometime i'm game biggrin.gif

dvsone

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 07:53:00 AM »

I got the exact same problem when applying the Spring update. Clearing my cache fixed the problem.

This post has been edited by dvsone: May 16 2007, 02:56 PM

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 07:56:00 AM »

is there an update pushed out lastnight/this morning?

because the guy I was playing with was able to keep playing the game without needing to update anything!

I was all up-to-date as of yesterday.

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 08:05:00 AM »

Mine did the exact same thing last night when it corrupted my game save.  Crackdown wouldn't update but I didn't tell it to overwrite my save.  I took the game out and turned the 360 off for a few minutes then put the game back in and it updated fine.  It's been working fine since then.