xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: High Flyer Achievement  (Read 697 times)

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
High Flyer Achievement
« on: April 15, 2007, 01:17:00 PM »

I just made it to the top of the Agency Tower and got the High Flyer achievement. It was tricky! Have any of you other people made it all the way to the top?

grim_d

• Archived User
High Flyer Achievement
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »

jump off into the water for another.

4 or so of the agility races require you to climb it again..it's a pain in the ass.

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
High Flyer Achievement
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 06:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ Apr 15 2007, 02:27 PM) View Post

jump off into the water for another.

Aw darn, first time I tried, I missed and hit concrete. I guess I'm going back up! sleep.gif

grim_d

• Archived User
High Flyer Achievement
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ Apr 16 2007, 01:33 AM) View Post

Aw darn, first time I tried, I missed and hit concrete. I guess I'm going back up! sleep.gif

haha yeah its tight.

j3y q

• Archived User
High Flyer Achievement
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 11:45:00 PM »

yeah the building is tricky to get up but fun to jump down do anyof you others guys get a funny feeling when jumping form ghigh places it always feels like im actlly doing it.

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
High Flyer Achievement
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 11:50:00 AM »

That was a fun achievement, I got it with only 3 stars (I had help of a buddy though).  I didn't realise there was the small pond you could jump in to get the achievement so I jumped all the way out into the big ocean type thing from the top of the tower.

tyga

• Archived User
High Flyer Achievement
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 06:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ Apr 16 2007, 02:02 AM) View Post

I made it up there also (too 3 tries)  and I also jumped in the water (on my first try).

Don't try to jump in the ocean if you look closely you'll see a tiny bit of water flowing under a small bridge into a tiny "pool" jump in there.   smile.gif

that one was free  lol

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
High Flyer Achievement
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(47_M450N_47 @ May 10 2007, 02:26 PM) View Post

That was a fun achievement, I got it with only 3 stars (I had help of a buddy though).  I didn't realise there was the small pond you could jump in to get the achievement so I jumped all the way out into the big ocean type thing from the top of the tower.

QUOTE(greenday54261 @ May 14 2007, 12:01 AM) View Post

I just snagged my third Agility star today, and I'm going to try and climb the Tower tomorrow.

Aside from High Flyer and Base Jumper, you can also get Shot Putter up there. There's a light bulb you can shoot down and then chuck off the roof for the achievement.

yeah I couldn't do it with only 2 stars... I got as far as the point where you need to jump from one tower to the other... I just didn't make it  laugh.gif

jumping out into the water I shot for the little pool but my left leg caught a rock just under the surface  and that killed me... guess I'll climb it again.

For the shotputter I just grabbed a dead body and climbed on top of a bridge, jumped and threw it +10G  happy.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
High Flyer Achievement
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »

you think thats high you should check out Just Cause and take a choppe up above the clouds and jump out! that is awsome!

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
High Flyer Achievement
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 02:06:00 PM »

ugh... for the rooftop race achievements you'll need to get to the top of the tower 4 more times (3 for the rooftop races starting on the ground level around the tower and once more for the "goin' home" race that starts on the Los Muertos island).

after those I was a frigging pro at getting to the top of the tower... I can probably do it in under 2 minutes at this point. and despite the fact that I have 4 star agility I bet I could do it with 2 stars knowing what I know now.

CKwik240

• Archived User
High Flyer Achievement
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »

I made it up with 3 stars the first time only to realize I can't get the orb at the top.  I went back up to get the orb later when I had 4 stars and it wasn't nearly as frightening.  The extra jump height makes it easier to see and adjust what you are doing.