xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Intro Laggy?  (Read 625 times)

belke

• Archived User
Intro Laggy?
« on: February 25, 2007, 11:20:00 PM »

Is it just me or does the intro to crackdown lag? Sometimes when I start it up and it gets to the start screen it skips and sometimes will just freeze and then come back in 15 seconds. Does this happen to anyone else or just me? unsure.gif

Ghost_Face_Killah

• Archived User
Intro Laggy?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »

my crackdown would freeze on the loading screen

gasclown

• Archived User
Intro Laggy?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 03:00:00 AM »

Mine was jittery too, Update fixed it.  Doesn't stop the lag when heaps of enemies/explosions on screen though...

grim_d

• Archived User
Intro Laggy?
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 06:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(gasclown @ Feb 27 2007, 10:07 AM) View Post

Mine was jittery too, Update fixed it.  Doesn't stop the lag when heaps of enemies/explosions on screen though...

that's not lag, neither would the intro be. lag happens online. what your referring to is chugging. or low frame rate.

gasclown

• Archived User
Intro Laggy?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »

Yeah. It's also cognitive linguistics... whereby a word (or term) is so commonly used/misused it becomes part of everyday language across a culture. Often a word previously considered incorrect can make it into the dictionary due to its common usage.

Also, I'd assume the dictionary would refer to lag as falling behind or something similar.  Which is exactly what is happening to the frame rate when there are a lot enemies/explosions on screen.

hey, you started it. tongue.gif