xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Jump 200 Feet In A Moving Vehicle  (Read 370 times)

Thraxen

• Archived User
Jump 200 Feet In A Moving Vehicle
« on: February 22, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »

Anyone done this yet?   It's one of the sub-achievements for some sort of stunt acheivement.  The others were simple to do (barrel rolls and flips), but a friend and I have spent a couple of hours trying to get credit for the jump and we never do.   We have even taken the ramp truck and set it up on raised highways so that we can get up to full speed on the highway and then jump off to a lower level to get more distance and it never works.  

Anyway, we have clearly jumped more than 200ft on many occasions and didn't get credit.  For example, how can you get credit for the 6-second hangtime achievement (which we have) and not go 200 ft?   I could see it happening if you were falling from a great height or jumping straight, be we are going top speed off a ramp set at about 45 degrees... no way in hell you can stay in the air 6 seconds and not go 200 ft.

So this is both a complaint and a question.  The complaint being that the achievement requires you to jump much further than 200 ft despite what it says.  The question being where do we go to pull this off?  Do we have to head up into the mountains?  And specific car good for this?  You can't use the Supercar on the truck ramp since it just bottoms out and falls off the ramp.  So we have been using the SUV and police cars most of the time.

This post has been edited by Thraxen: Feb 22 2007, 09:47 PM

mianus

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »

Or how to count to 6, i swear i jumped that suv so many times, even to lower elevations with the level 4 suv where i squatted the released just before launch. Had some serious air time.

pookmish

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »

I got them  very easily. Just go to the volk territory with the suv and go towards the shipping area. there is a ramp truck just outside the fence in a parking area near the supply point. move that truck down onto the main road at the end near the warehouse. drive the suv all the way from the other end of the road and squat down and release just at the top of the truck. it will easily give you the 200 feet. you can even move the truck back away to give you just enough jump for flips. then just drive back and forth gettting flip after flip.

Knasen

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »

I got that 200 jump just driving out from the police HQ in tunnel #2, maxing speed with the SUV upgraded to 4, then simply pressed jump button when driving over the ramp exiting from the tunnel. You will fly way over a huge rock and land on a road far away.. and get the achievement.

T3rry

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »

i got the acheivement even though i was never told i got the long jump sub acheivement, i was just screing around and did a double backflip ad then it said acheivement unloced, even though i never got credit for a long jump :stunt" or "sub-acheivement"

THE CRAZY SHADOW

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »

If you drive a vehicle into the building in shi gen with the elivator. Put it in there nad then turn the lift on, it will take u up 200 ft and give u the achivment

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 08:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(THE CRAZY SHADOW @ Mar 3 2007, 09:11 AM) View Post

If you drive a vehicle into the building in shi gen with the elivator. Put it in there nad then turn the lift on, it will take u up 200 ft and give u the achivment

now thats a glitch...will have to remember that one

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(THE CRAZY SHADOW @ Mar 2 2007, 05:11 PM) View Post

I believe you're thinking of a different achievement. One achievement is for achieving a height (I believe 150 rather than 200) and the other is a distance. I believe the original poster is talking about the 200 ft jump sub-achievement for the stunt driver achievement.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 01:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Fuzzy @ Mar 9 2007, 06:00 AM) View Post

I believe you're thinking of a different achievement. One achievement is for achieving a height (I believe 150 rather than 200) and the other is a distance. I believe the original poster is talking about the 200 ft jump sub-achievement for the stunt driver achievement.

your right there... i just looked over all the achievements, and the one he would have been talking of is the height, not length

gordita37

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(THE CRAZY SHADOW @ Mar 2 2007, 02:11 PM) View Post

I carried my suv up a bunch of mountains and got the achievment tongue.gif

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(gordita37 @ Mar 19 2007, 05:12 AM) View Post

I carried my suv up a bunch of mountains and got the achievment tongue.gif

yeah, there are a million ways to do it. helps when you can drive up walls  smile.gif