xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Interview With Crackdown's Dave Jones  (Read 272 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Interview With Crackdown's Dave Jones
« on: February 21, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »

Posted by Syrus | February 21 12:50 EST

Today from Xbox.com

A small excerpt...

If you are a new player coming into Crackdown for the first time, how are you brought in to the experience?

You're brought in and we're doing as much through user tests and voice over prompts as we possibly can so the agency is always talking to you.  It will say "Right, we recommend you go up against Los Muertos first.  Here's the first guy to go against and you're a good level, maybe you want to go and clean up some scum on the streets to get to level two and then do this guy." We'll talk you through that and if a player ignores it, that's fine but we do recognise that.  He may go straight to the Shai-Gen district and these guys are nails compared to a level one or two agent but we say, "Agent, we hired you, we recommend you don't take them on.  If you do, there could be dire consequences for you." We never say "don't do it," that's the cool thing.  To some people, they're like "that's a challenge," and they think "I want to be the first player at the start of the game to take out Shai-Gen with no levelling."  Now that, I don't know if it's possible or not.  That's the nice thing - it probably is though.

Do you have any plans for downloadable content?

We have loads of ideas.  We're just not quite sure which is the best one to go with first of all.  We have some very unique ideas as well, I have to say.  It's all the typical ones.  The agency vehicles are a lot of fun for a lot of people.  An agency motorbike would be cool - imagine with a motorbike all the cool stuff you could do.  There's that, there's new gangs, there's loads of stuff we'd like to explore once we've brought the game out.

For the full interview, head on over to Xbox.com.

quall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »

Are you serious? This guy's name is Dave Jones?

Are matey I be Davie Jones. I look over all evil spirits of the deep blue, argh.

Thanks for the forums news link, was wondering where they were on the past couple news postings.