xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Crackdown - Update Required?  (Read 309 times)

GtrVrtuoso

• Archived User
Crackdown - Update Required?
« on: February 20, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »

Just wondering I've had this before, just need to connect the 360 to the internet for an update. My drive has Extreme 5.2A firmware, is it possible for any adverse effects if i choose to update? It says "An update must be applied to play this game. If you decline this update, you will not be able to play this game"

gaming fanboy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »

you will not be able to play the game unless you update, whether your online or not, it's the important fall update. So your console right now isn't updated to date, so if you do update, you will not be able to game save or anything like that. But if you update you will be able to play all the games you want with that update  smile.gif

also: just for a tip, make sure you think about where you post a new topic. It probably should be under the games forum, and under crackdown.  smile.gif

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »

It's been moved...

mutant

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 02:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(gaming fanboy @ Feb 20 2007, 09:53 PM) *

you will not be able to play the game unless you update, whether your online or not, it's the important fall update. So your console right now isn't updated to date, so if you do update, you will not be able to game save or anything like that. But if you update you will be able to play all the games you want with that update  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

also: just for a tip, make sure you think about where you post a new topic. It probably should be under the games forum, and under crackdown.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I´m in the same situation. should i update or not? i dont want any problem with my flashed drive.

You said:
"if you do update, you will not be able to game save or anything like that."

Do you mean that if i update i cant save my games?

justmejg

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »

It is ok to update! I did this morning!  I took the leap of faith. All is well. jester.gif

mianus

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 07:55:00 PM »

its fine on my 47dj.  What i've noticed is a new option for crimes on or off.  Once you beat the game all the gangs are gone so you can't do some achievemnts.  Now you can turn them back on so you can increase your skills still.  Good call IMO.

Lesaras

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »

All of M$'s updates to date have not caused problems with modified firmware, exluding the Error 69/ wrong firmware version update.  But that has been fixed since Xterme 4.2.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 04:07:00 AM »

there are no problems at all known for updating games or the xbox itself

jaffi2000

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »

What are the contents of this update, I'm guessing it will upgrade the dash? If so, can someone confirm what the new dash version will be.

If this update is safe, it should not blow an efuse..

Thanks