xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Crackdown Demo Breaks Records  (Read 468 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Crackdown Demo Breaks Records
« on: January 30, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | January 30 19:26 EST

From xbox360.ign.com:

Microsoft's recent Crackdown demo, a free download available only for Gold Tier members on Marketplace, this week made Microsoft history.

That's right, beating out top downloads like Lost Planet and Fight Night among others, Microsoft's Crackdown demo, released on January 23, kicked everyone else's asses. Microsoft told IGN that this week the Crackdown playable demo was the most downloaded demo for a 24-hour period and the most downloaded demo during a seven day (week-long) period.

Full Story: xbox360.ign.com

ehosin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 04:47:00 PM »

Hahah...I'm not surprised.

I also wouldnt be surprised if some people downloaded it hoping to also get a demo of the halo 3 multiplayer beta! rotfl.gif

KeepTheReceipt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »

I downloaded it because I know if I don't get 2nd wave of halo 3 beta (and im not holding my breathe) then I'm going to buy the game.  I was actually surprised by how much fun I had playing this game.  It looks like GTA, but in a cartoon world which is seriously awesome.

spinr34

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »

i only played it for the 30 mins the demo allowed. although, it was a decent game. things i didn't like is that when you killed a gang boss, it didn't feel like i was killing someone important. in fact, i couldn't even really tell which one the boss was at first. the targeting system was a little off sometimes and it would be nice to be able to carry more guns. also, i felt a little overwhelmed at first with all of the gun choices. the battles could be a little big more of a "big deal". when you take over one of the orange points it feels just like killing random gangsters in the street. amazing with all of these things i listed above that i still enjoyed playing the game smile.gif also, the jumping in the game is awesome and i like the idea of getting powerups for killing and the green orbs on top of the buildings. i might get it when it comes out, we'll see.

MeanMF

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »

This game's pretty damn fun.. I played for about 10 minutes and decided to wait for the full version to come out.  The co-op is going to be huge.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(ehosin @ Jan 30 2007, 03:54 PM) View Post

Hahah...I'm not surprised.

I also wouldnt be surprised if some people downloaded it hoping to also get a demo of the halo 3 multiplayer beta! rotfl.gif

I bet your right lol biggrin.gif

JStumpalump150

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 06:15:00 PM »

i downloaded it to see if it is worth buying so i can get the halo 3 beta but its not worth shit. the halo 3 beta will be worth more than that game imo

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 06:07:00 PM »

even if its not true, its a good way to create buzz for a game :/

i also agree it was halo 3 people holding their breath for a beta code   dry.gif

sicknasty413

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 07:02:00 PM »

Yup, like previously mentioned, 90%+ of the people that downloaded that demo just wanted to see what kinda game they were buying for the halo3 beta.

I played it at my friend's house. I wasn't too impressed. It was like a poor rip off of GTA. The fact that a guy can jump 30 feet [with agility upgrades] didn't particularly surprise me, and it was fun for the first 2 minutes, jumping from building to building across the city and what not..But ehh, I just didn't like it. Of course, I've never really been to fond of the GTA series either. I've also never been too fond of the whole "comic book" looking graphics. I guess picking up cars and trucks and throwing them 100 feet away doesn't interest me..at least not as much as it would have if I was a wii bit younger.

But, luckily for me, I don't need to buy crackdown  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

dhrandy1

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »

I don't care anything about halo 3 and downloaded the game.  I loved it.  Co-op is awsome.  If you play co-op and with someone that knows how to play the game, I think more people would like it.  I didn't like it the first time I play, then played with someone that knew how to do some things, like level up.  Now I've played quite a few times till the demo is up.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 08:58:00 PM »

what does surprise me about this is that it is one of the larger demos to date at 1.24gb so having that big of a download community that is a lot of bandwidth.

I personally love the game, I will be buying it for sure, not necessarily for the halo 3 beta.

To the person who said the gangster kills didnt seem like a big deal, I partially agree though it said that the demo is "accelerated" so I am sure things will be harder and have more of an impact.

dmitri

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »

Where do you DL Fight Night?  I can't find it anywhere..  was it recently removed?

Xbox 360 Genius

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 10:18:00 PM »

Well at least we all know that Crackdown won't be bought just for Halo 3!

- or maybe fanboys are trying to justify purchasing Crackdown for Halo 3, and make sure their buying something worth it  happy.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 11:30:00 PM »

oh i can definately agree thats where a lot of its DLs came from, but I feel a lot will be converted back to a $60 game that happens to come with a halo3 beta invite

ErichMoraga

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 01:59:00 AM »

Had it not been for the 30 minute limit, I wouldn't have made it to work.  I was having a blast and can't wait for the full game to come out in a few weeks.

-Erich
Pages: [1] 2