xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Condemned "old Ax"  (Read 603 times)

notsodiseased

• Archived User
Condemned "old Ax"
« on: February 09, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »

You need to be a bit more specific. Are you asking for something that you find in a level of the game or somehting else?

If so, then which level and Ill tell you.

darksteppin

• Archived User
Condemned "old Ax"
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 04:49:00 AM »

I got the weapons achievement and theres only 1 type of axe in the game. You get it numerous times. You have to be missing something else. Heres a link to help you.

Rubix42

• Archived User
Condemned "old Ax"
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

Are you talking about the meat cleaver?

If so, there is only one in the game, at the school, in the kitchen.  Be sure to take it out into the halls to kill an enemie with it for the achievement.

crobar

• Archived User
Condemned "old Ax"
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 09:26:00 AM »

can you get this achievment by revisiting  the levels? or do i have to play the game through again?

darksteppin

• Archived User
Condemned "old Ax"
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(crobar @ Feb 10 2006, 05:33 PM) View Post

can you get this achievment by revisiting  the levels? or do i have to play the game through again?

I loaded the chapter everytime I played and it gave it to me. I need to delete my save games and start over now so I can get around the achievement glitches.(I got everything but the golden bird, gold melee master, and some reports havn't rang up)

As for Ign listing an "old" ax. They are on crack. Theres only one type of axe. You might have picked up every weapon but you need to kill will all of them as well.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Condemned "old Ax"
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 12:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(darksteppin @ Feb 10 2006, 02:50 PM) View Post

I loaded the chapter everytime I played and it gave it to me. I need to delete my save games and start over now so I can get around the achievement glitches.(I got everything but the golden bird, gold melee master, and some reports havn't rang up)

As for Ign listing an "old" ax. They are on crack. Theres only one type of axe. You might have picked up every weapon but you need to kill will all of them as well.

it makes a checkpoint in every level in the game. just load that check point and restart level, and keep in mind that it only counts your last time through the level. what i mean by that is

your playing the game, you get all 6 birds, all 3 metal pieces in level 4, but you shoot some bullets
you go back and rebeat level 4, no bullets fired, but only got 5 birds and 3 metal pieces.

at the end of the game, it will give you gold melee becuase your last time through you didn't use guns, but it will give you no golden bird award even though you have the 10 silvers. (or at least this is what i read on the xbox.com forums, i played through condemned without revisiting any levels until after i beat the game so i didn't run into any issues like that)

---edit--
and about the weapons people are talking about, there is only 1 axe, it is the fire axe, and its impossible to miss. it triggers plot points such as opening doors you have to get through. the cleaver counts as a melee weapon, but it can't be missed because (spoiler warning) you need a fire axe from the corpse on the table in the room where you get the cleaver, and to take the fire axe, you have to use the cleaver to chop the arm off.