xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Condemned Last Boss  (Read 689 times)

Killa420

• Archived User
Condemned Last Boss
« on: January 09, 2006, 11:54:00 PM »

Im at the last dude in Condemned, I already fought him the first two times then you are in the premonition battle and when you start, there is a healthpack on the ground that I grab, a pipe on the left and a plank on the right, I go up to it and it says grab press A but it wont let me grab either the pipe or the plank, how am I suppose to beat him? Just by kicking?

edit

Ok nevermind, just beat him by kicking him. I dont get why they put the weapons there if you couldnt grab them

crobar

• Archived User
Condemned Last Boss
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 07:32:00 AM »

beat him and beat him some more just keep squeezing the trigger....
 after a while you will get tired and he will seem to keep coming at you at open moments bu if you lay off you will get the option to rip a part of his body off
i think you do this 3 times and then he is dead...

this game is awesome i have noidea how im gonna beat it with no guns...thos big dudes at the end are no joke...

Killa420

• Archived User
Condemned Last Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 08:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 10 2006, 10:05 AM) View Post

You mean when  the screen is black and white and grainy? I held on to the fire axe from the previous fight, and it transferred over to the last fight.

Ya, it was the very last one where you rip the jaw and your done. I dont know why it wouldnt let me pick up a weapon on the ground but it was simple with just kicking. All you do is wait for him to swing, back up, run forward and kick, back up, wait for him to swing, run forward, kick, backup. I did that for all the enemies basically. I could never get the timing right with the blocks. I only played it on normal though.

yaazz

• Archived User
Condemned Last Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 09:20:00 AM »

not to spoil anythong but the ending made no sense

Lerxst

• Archived User
Condemned Last Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Killa420 @ Jan 10 2006, 09:48 AM) View Post

Ya, it was the very last one where you rip the jaw and your done. I dont know why it wouldnt let me pick up a weapon on the ground but it was simple with just kicking. All you do is wait for him to swing, back up, run forward and kick, back up, wait for him to swing, run forward, kick, backup. I did that for all the enemies basically. I could never get the timing right with the blocks. I only played it on normal though.

I just beat him with a stick and kick. I had the same problem with timing the blocks as well - hit and miss (no pun intended)

QUOTE(yaazz @ Jan 10 2006, 10:27 AM) View Post

not to spoil anythong but the ending made no sense

I agree the ending was goofy  huh.gif

~Lerxst

crobar

• Archived User
Condemned Last Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »

no way
the ending left you guessing....
that whole time fighting the "boss" was he there or in your head? As well as some other battles…
were you some how more apart of all the crazy shit happening around you?
whats up with you being some kind of hate driven super being?
that’s whats sequels are for!!!!
the game has a deep hero mystery that requires another game...all i can say is bring it on the next one will be even better and more scary!!

Lerxst

• Archived User
Condemned Last Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

I don't know, I just have this need to look for dead birds and pieces of metal. wink.gif

m_hael

• Archived User
Condemned Last Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 10:25:00 AM »

hey I already found 4 metal bits in real life... tho I'm pretty sure my neighbour is pissed at me as his car looks strange without the wheel arch.

Killa420

• Archived User
Condemned Last Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »

Can I go back through each chapter and get the birds / metal pieces or will I have to start all over? I only rented it luckily b/c I flew through this game. I would have been mad if I paid full price for it, but it was fun.

Doctor Fenrir

• Archived User
Condemned Last Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 01:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(crobar @ Jan 10 2006, 01:04 PM) View Post

no way
the ending left you guessing....
that whole time fighting the "boss" was he there or in your head? As well as some other battles…
were you some how more apart of all the crazy shit happening around you?
whats up with you being some kind of hate driven super being?
that’s whats sequels are for!!!!
the game has a deep hero mystery that requires another game...all i can say is bring it on the next one will be even better and more scary!!

I think I might understand what might be going on.. Though this is just a theory..
Thomas has powers.. His instincts that we see thoughout the game.. Especially when things go black and white.
 Though Malcolm Vanhorn clearly states at the train station that the gift Thomas has is NOT from God. So who else could it be from?
Just add up the evidence.. and you kinda get the picture where this is going.

Thomas's Father who also knows about the gift as much as Malcolm Vanhorn does is probbaly in a cult.. A cult that relased some sort of evil on to the world. Vanhorn yells at Thomas when the barn is burning..
"It is behind all of the madness, and must be tracked down and killed!"
So basically something evil was released on to the world.. and Vanhorn knows exactly what it is. This cult Rosa speaks of to Thomas in the diner probably relased this evil. The effect of this evil has effected the people in the city.. and even the birds.

Their brain's rot, they become zombie like creatures.. hence why later in the game many of the addicts look very dead.
I'm just making a guess here.. But I think whatever was released is inside Thomas. This evil gives him power.. Notice how Thomas groans in pain when pulling things off of the boss the first 2 times.

Thomas's father and Malcolm Vanhorn where probably in the cult together.. Leland, Malcolm's nephew I am guessing could be just like Thomas but the power was so great that LeLand went out of control.. LeLand became evil. Thomas had control of his gift, though at the end it looks like the evil has taken over him.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Condemned Last Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »

That's a good snyopsis...

Also, for those of you that don't know... If you finish the game with all the metal pieces, birds, and bits of evidence collected you get to see the EXTENDED ending with a much clearer explanation of what's going on.

it still doesn't explain everything but it made SOME sense.

jimjom

• Archived User
Condemned Last Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Doctor Fenrir @ Jul 19 2006, 08:11 AM) View Post

I think I might understand what might be going on.. Though this is just a theory..
Thomas has powers.. His instincts that we see thoughout the game.. Especially when things go black and white.
 Though Malcolm Vanhorn clearly states at the train station that the gift Thomas has is NOT from God. So who else could it be from?
Just add up the evidence.. and you kinda get the picture where this is going.

Thomas's Father who also knows about the gift as much as Malcolm Vanhorn does is probbaly in a cult.. A cult that relased some sort of evil on to the world. Vanhorn yells at Thomas when the barn is burning..
"It is behind all of the madness, and must be tracked down and killed!"
So basically something evil was released on to the world.. and Vanhorn knows exactly what it is. This cult Rosa speaks of to Thomas in the diner probably relased this evil. The effect of this evil has effected the people in the city.. and even the birds.

Their brain's rot, they become zombie like creatures.. hence why later in the game many of the addicts look very dead.
I'm just making a guess here.. But I think whatever was released is inside Thomas. This evil gives him power.. Notice how Thomas groans in pain when pulling things off of the boss the first 2 times.

Thomas's father and Malcolm Vanhorn where probably in the cult together.. Leland, Malcolm's nephew I am guessing could be just like Thomas but the power was so great that LeLand went out of control.. LeLand became evil. Thomas had control of his gift, though at the end it looks like the evil has taken over him.

crazy awesome first post man... good synopsis.

tboneski

• Archived User
Condemned Last Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 12:17:00 AM »

whoa!! Great Tip! tnx threadmaster