xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Which To Get: Quake 4 Or Condemned?  (Read 593 times)

crap box

• Archived User
Which To Get: Quake 4 Or Condemned?
« on: December 30, 2005, 09:31:00 PM »

I played both demos and theyre both really cool.  I think I might like Quake 4 better becuase I loved Doom 3.   I did really like condemned too but i don't want the game to get boring with the same crackhead beating with pipes over and over again in each level.  To those who have both: which do you like better?

m_hael

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »

Quake4 and Condemned are the last two games I finished (condemned about 5mins ago).... I would say I enjoyed Condemned a LOT more than quake simply because quake was nothing new to me... I won't be writing a review of Q4 as its a conflict of interest but I will be putting up a review of Condemned this evening or tomorrow.

I would say Condemned if you like Single player, Quake4 if you want multiplayer.... Quake4 single player is adequate at best.

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 10:04:00 PM »

Condemned missions arent all the same its fun and its worth your 60$

Lpk32187

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 01:04:00 AM »

Rent condemned. Its a good game but its very short. I doubt you will replay it unless you need to unlock crap. Unless your rich then you can buy condemned. I would say buy DOA 4 or PGR 3 if you don't already have them.

Strangelove1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 09:47:00 AM »

I think Quake IV is great.  Condemned is fun but I honestly like Quake IV more.

woofis

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 10:18:00 AM »

i dont have either but dont forget condemed has no multiplayer. that to me is a given to get quake4.

Kernal69er

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Lpk32187 @ Dec 31 2005, 03:11 AM) View Post

Rent condemned. Its a good game but its very short. I doubt you will replay it unless you need to unlock crap. Unless your rich then you can buy condemned. I would say buy DOA 4 or PGR 3 if you don't already have them.

Hi

I agree rent condemed, $60 game, or you can rent it twice $5 each time for 5 day rentals, so you would end up spending $10 and have the game for 10 days, you can finish the game twice in that time. Shit I finished PDZ in 2 days (not playing it none stop either)

Also as far as DOA4 / PGR3 ,, I just traded in PGR3,, no different than PGR2, and the graphics are not good (sure background, WOW, NFS MW cars and physcics kicks this games ass
DOA4 is gowing on me, but not too different from DOA3, so whats the point?

m_hael

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

the point is .... you bought it...  dry.gif

Marrvia

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »

I think Condemned is better.  Simply because I think Quake 4 was a little rushed, and there is a lot of slow down with just annoys me.  I think Condemned is pretty unique also, Quake 4 is more of the same.  I rented Condemned and beat it in a few days, and I bought Quake 4 for $60, which I kind of regret.  I would rent if I were you, but if you are dead set on buying, I would check pricegrabber.com which normally just refers you to ebay, but you can save big money.  You can find Condemned and Quake 4 and many more for $40.  I just bought Tony Hawk's American Wasteland for $35 shipped, so you can save big money that way.

m_hael

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 04:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(KMFDM @ Dec 31 2005, 01:24 PM) View Post

the cars are the only thing that looks decent in MW for 360 and the physcis, you gotta be kidding me. How can you compare a simulator to a stupid arcade racing game. PGR3 has the best physics.

simulator == anal, challenging, no fun
arcade racing == loose, flighty, challenging, LOTS OF FUN

there compared and contrasted in all their glory... when people say physics in this context they really mean handling which is definitely NOT a physics simulation property but a choice of the game developers.

Physics - the system designed to handle collisions, movement & other physical properties of a game.
Gameplay - the way the game is played and how it reacts to different inputs from both the controller and the physics system.

both games will have very similar physics but the handling will remain very different because of the choices made by the gameplay programmers/designers.

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005, 07:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(m_hael @ Jan 1 2006, 01:21 AM) View Post

simulator == anal, challenging, no fun
arcade racing == loose, flighty, challenging, LOTS OF FUN

gotta agree, arcade style are more fun. but at least NFS ain't like Ridge Racers  dry.gif
and those who saying PGR = simulator is BS.  ph34r.gif

on topic, condemned is scary game, intense game play, but after you beat the story mode you'll probably put it away or sell/trade it.

Quake 4 is lot fun online, and will last you longer in term of gameplay.
(IMO none has anything special in graphic department)

at the moment i'm playing King Kong, damn game is good with v.nice graphic  love.gif . you might check that out too wink.gif