xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Condemned Achievements  (Read 1377 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Condemned Achievements
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 22 2006, 05:30 PM) View Post

Oh yeah? Then why doesn't the Compassion Award show up on your gamercard?

muhaha.gif BURN  laugh.gif

he probably "did it at a friends house"  laugh.gif

Anyone know if you still earn the mele alwards if you pickup a fire arm but don't shoot it?

Master X

• Archived User
Condemned Achievements
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 22 2006, 07:30 PM) View Post

Oh yeah? Then why doesn't the Compassion Award show up on your gamercard?

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 22 2006, 07:34 PM) View Post

muhaha.gif BURN  laugh.gif

he probably "did it at a friends house"  laugh.gif
Anyone know if you still earn the mele alwards if you pickup a fire arm but don't shoot it?

HAHAHAHA.... Nice BURN. Maybe my Xbox 360 isnt connected to the internet ever think of that? Since my Xbox 360 is in my room I dont have a long ass ethernet cable, I am waiting for my wireless adapter to come.

metaldevil

• Archived User
Condemned Achievements
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2006, 05:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 22 2006, 05:34 PM) View Post
Yes, this is possible because you have to at least carry a gun in the beginning of the game. Just tap the right bumper to switch the fire-arm from fire mode to melée mode, and you can swing any fire-arm like you can a pipe. I did my fair share of swinging pistols and shotguns, and it still gave me the GMMA. The shotguns break after like 4 or 5 whacks, but nothing beats the sledgehammer for getting a good clean swing into your opponent's face. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Master X @ Jan 22 2006, 05:42 PM) View Post
Maybe my Xbox 360 isnt connected to the internet ever think of that?
Yeah, I did, but when I checked it, it said that you'd been offline for 15 minutes, and Condemned was (and still is) the ninth game down on your "played games" list. I'm not calling you out. It's just kinda neat to see if people have really done what they claim. That's all. Congratulations if you have it. smile.gif

QUOTE(TheWRATH @ Jan 22 2006, 06:01 PM) View Post
sucks, i cant afford a 360 right now but this game is so awesome to play, anybody know if itll be on regular xbox?
It won't. You might enjoy Call of Cthulhu, though. Its mood is similar to Condemned's.

Edit: Although graphics don't influence my decision to purchase games, I really appreciate how they were used to depict violence in this game. The lighting is great, yadda, yadda, yadda, but the sheer brutality of some of those kills is just plain beautiful, and the sound effects really help to emphasize the violence. I was actually hoping for more violence in this game. I would have loved for my character to be able to drive the fire axe through the top of an opponent's skull and have to kick the opponent away to free the axe.

It'd be great if R* makes another Manhunt-ish type game. I know I'm not the only one that appreciates good videogame violence. beerchug.gif

Master X

• Archived User
Condemned Achievements
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2006, 11:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 22 2006, 09:56 PM) View Post

Yeah, I did, but when I checked it, it said that you'd been offline for 15 minutes, and Condemned was (and still is) the ninth game down on your "played games" list. I'm not calling you out. It's just kinda neat to see if people have really done what they claim. That's all. Congratulations if you have it. smile.gif

That is weird my Xbox 360 hasnt been connected to the internet for several days now.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Condemned Achievements
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 22 2006, 07:56 PM) View Post

Yes, this is possible because you have to at least carry a gun in the beginning of the game. Just tap the right bumper to switch the fire-arm from fire mode to melée mode, and you can swing any fire-arm like you can a pipe. I did my fair share of swinging pistols and shotguns, and it still gave me the GMMA. The shotguns break after like 4 or 5 whacks, but nothing beats the sledgehammer for getting a good clean swing into your opponent's face. biggrin.gif

Thanks, good to know.

One more question. Once you complete the game can you go back and re-do levels a-la-carte? So if I wanted the alternate ending I would just play the last level again. Or I could go back and do levels 1-4 in mele mode to get the gold achievment?

prankfurter

• Archived User
Condemned Achievements
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(Master X @ Jan 23 2006, 02:53 AM) View Post

That is weird my Xbox 360 hasnt been connected to the internet for several days now.

if you log into your profile on xbox.com it says you are online. not only if you have your xbox 360 online

Master X

• Archived User
Condemned Achievements
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2006, 10:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(prankfurter @ Jan 23 2006, 03:17 PM) View Post

if you log into your profile on xbox.com it says you are online. not only if you have your xbox 360 online

Oh thats why, I go on Xbox.com and sign in there alot. Thanks never knew that smile.gif

tonloc79

• Archived User
Condemned Achievements
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 23 2006, 07:11 PM) View Post

Yes, you can. Just choose "Load Chapter" from the main menu. For the last level, though, save your game (pause then save) as soon as you start the fight with the end boss. You'll know it's him because the screen is black-and-white and grainy. It's easy to kill him (especially with the fire axe). That way, you won't have to replay the entire level to see the second ending.

Dude, youre a F%$^ING genius! So i put in Condemned today to try and get some more achievements out of it and was about to start chapter 10 to get revenge award(already got compassion first time through), fortunately i read this thread first cause i went into my saved games and had a gamesave on the boss, all i had to do was hit him like 5 times with a shovel and then rip off his jaw and it was over! Just wanted to say good thinking! beerchug.gif

Also another thing but off topic, if you goto the leaderboards theres a "PLAYTIME" column, i looked at the top 3 guys and they are all over 276 hours played! the top guy with 315 hours of playtime only has unlocked 490 points as to where i have unlocked 630 in a little under 13 hours. So youre tellin me theese people just turn on theire 360s with condemned in em and let them run all day/night just to have the most hours played? PATHETIC!

tonloc79

• Archived User
Condemned Achievements
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

Golden Bird Award: You found all birds in the game [50G]

Are you sure this is an acievement? I got all 10 silver bird achievements but no golden bird award, a little help please! uhh.gif
Check my gamercard out on xbox.com, you can see i got all the silvers!

metaldevil

• Archived User
Condemned Achievements
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

Man, that is so weird. blink.gif I don't have an explanation for it. When I got my last bird on Chapter 10, it gave me the two achievements: Gold Bird and Ch. 10 Silver Bird. Try signing out of your account and signing back in (on the 360, I mean).

tonloc79

• Archived User
Condemned Achievements
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

So i still needed the 3/4 propaganda reports and the chief investigator award so i went back and played the first level and after getting the 6 birds on that stage it gave me the gold bird award(i already had the silver for that level) but after getting both 3 and 4 propaganda reports it failed to award me with the chief investigator award! WTF is going on with this crap! uhh.gif

tonloc79

• Archived User
Condemned Achievements
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2006, 03:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 28 2006, 11:17 PM) View Post

The Chief Investigator Award is unlocked by finding all the evidence in the game. The propaganda reports are unlocked by getting metal pieces. They're not connected. I think getting "all the evidence" includes using that stupid smell detector for the birds.

Thats wierd, i thought you had to do all the evidence stuff. I didnt see any part in the game where you could skip it plus ive been through the game twice. Oh well, kinda sucks though. grr.gif

tonloc79

• Archived User
Condemned Achievements
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »

Yeah i was content with "Gold Melee Master Award" being the only one i didnt have but seems like for some reason im gonna have to let the "Chief Investigator award" go undone too. Although it is a great game and one of my favorite launch titles, twice through is enough for me!

KMFDM

• Archived User
Condemned Achievements
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2006, 02:18:00 AM »

wasnt worth while playing after the 4th or 5th stage. sleeping.gif

e[X]odus

• Archived User
Condemned Achievements
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

Hi,

I have the silver bird achievement for every level, but still don't have the Gold Bird achievement...

After collecting all of the birds in a level, do I actually have to finish the level too? After completing the game twice through, I started playing just looking for birds, and after finding all 6 in a level and having the "achievement unlocked" notification appear I would just quit the level.

Does anyone know?

Thanks biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3