xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Condemned Vs. Resident Evil 4  (Read 425 times)

Broomcorn

• Archived User
Condemned Vs. Resident Evil 4
« on: December 16, 2005, 09:41:00 PM »

So I just got done playing Resident Evil 4 on my roomates gamecube, getting condemned this weekend (with my 10% discount from here:  http://bestbuybuzz.c...nt_coupon_3.pdf  ).  Wondering from those who have played both witch is not only scarier, but better gameplay and so on.  From what i have read, condemned sounds to be much scarier, and while i did jump a few times with RE4, i am expecting much more with condemned.  Interested to know, appreciate all replys.

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 04:33:00 AM »

I loved RE4 which was a very cool game, but I must say that you should not be dissappointed with condemned.  It will probably give nightmare rather than make you jump but I did jump a few times.

For best effect:

1. Play it alone.

2. Make sure room is dark

3. 5.1 Dolby at least

4.  Play it close to bed time.

5. Hope to sleep well muhaha.gif

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 12:03:00 PM »

I would say i probably jumped more on Condemned but then again Quake 4 made me jump.

Marrvia

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 12:05:00 PM »

Resident Evil 4 is a great game, but hardly scary.  Condemned has a few scary moments though.  The scariest games I've ever played is Silent Hill 4(that damn haunted apartment), but that's another story.

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 12:14:00 PM »

I still havnt played a game that was scary enough for me. Ive beat silent hill 2, 3 and working on 4. Im also working on Resident evil 4 and ive also beat fatal frame and fatal frame 2.  The fatal frame ones were freaky but still not scary enough for me. Come on you guys lets see a REALLY frightening game!!

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »

Theyre both great games, RE4 is the better game though ( the only reason I still have my cube). Condemned is way scarier, RE4 is not even scary to me just fun. Shit, the suffering 1 and 2 is scarier than RE4. Condemned is very psycholigical in its fear inducing factor; meaning even when your not playing it will be affecting your psyche. The right atmosphere is needed to fully appreciate condemned.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Marrvia @ Dec 17 2005, 02:12 PM) View Post

Resident Evil 4 is a great game, but hardly scary.  Condemned has a few scary moments though.  The scariest games I've ever played is Silent Hill 4(that damn haunted apartment), but that's another story.

LOL

kage was over with his copy and tv, me on mine, and we were playing thru the game together, kind of like a fake Lan party...

he screamed and told me to look towards the window, the floating heads creeped me out  laugh.gif

Scariest after Condemned was probably Fatal Frame 2 for some reason  ph34r.gif Man some of those cutscenes were freaky.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »

Condemned is way scarrier than RE4... I wouldn't even classify RE4 as being scarry  rolleyes.gif

IllusiveX

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »

I still find Silent hill 1, 2, 3, and 4 to be scarier then condemned and RE4 wasnt scary it just had a jump here or there.

no0b123

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

Condemned is pretty cool. RE4 was a "fun" game and condemned was amazing in many ways. Condemned is not really about the creepy guys or the "horror" genra but instead it takes your mind and streches it far out until you react to it. It's more of a Psychiological game than horror. You basically lose your mind in the game. Yeah I almost had a heart attack or a few blood clots when playing the game but it is addictive and scary! I would give condemned a 5/5 score. You just cant put the controller down. I started playing saturday afternoon and finished it last night. Not because the game was too short but because you just cant stop playing  tongue.gif

Boiker

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 10:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(chuxterofdoom @ Dec 17 2005, 12:40 PM) View Post

I loved RE4 which was a very cool game, but I must say that you should not be dissappointed with condemned.  It will probably give nightmare rather than make you jump but I did jump a few times.

For best effect:

1. Play it alone.

2. Make sure room is dark

3. 5.1 Dolby at least

4.  Play it close to bed time.

5. Hope to sleep well muhaha.gif

What I plan to do tonight  happy.gif  Just got it today for 20 pounds (about $37) from my local game. For guys in the US, that's insanely cheap for our country.

This looks way scarier than RE4. Ahh what a great game RE4 is. Sublime indeed.

J.K.B

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 03:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Boiker @ Oct 24 2006, 05:00 PM) View Post

What I plan to do tonight  happy.gif  Just got it today for 20 pounds (about $37) from my local game. For guys in the US, that's insanely cheap for our country.

This looks way scarier than RE4. Ahh what a great game RE4 is. Sublime indeed.

£20 ouch, you should of checked out the preowned section, i picked mine up for £9 (about $17 [maybe]) condemned is a great game, but i found it way to easy and short to sad.gif. only took a week to finish (but for £9 who cares?) is very heavy on the jumpy bits, but lacking on the substance unfortunately, cool story line though!

All in all its far from being resident evil 4, because resident evil 4 really is something else, also resident evil 4 had mercinaries which kind of opened up a multiplayer aspect (not real multiplayer i guess, but anyone whos loaded up the cube with resi evil 4 in the drive while having friends around will know what i mean >_>)

Boiker

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(J.K.B @ Oct 30 2006, 11:15 PM) View Post

£20 ouch, you should of checked out the preowned section, i picked mine up for £9 (about $17 [maybe]) condemned is a great game, but i found it way to easy and short to sad.gif. only took a week to finish (but for £9 who cares?) is very heavy on the jumpy bits, but lacking on the substance unfortunately, cool story line though!

That was in the preowned section and it was scratched up. It works though. It's a great game, I'm trying to make it last so I've only just started in the school.

Scariest past so far has gotta be the department store and the manequins, creepy as. Especially the bit with the flashback when they crowd around  ph34r.gif

QUOTE(J.K.B @ Oct 30 2006, 11:15 PM) View Post

All in all its far from being resident evil 4, because resident evil 4 really is something else, also resident evil 4 had mercinaries which kind of opened up a multiplayer aspect (not real multiplayer i guess, but anyone whos loaded up the cube with resi evil 4 in the drive while having friends around will know what i mean >_>)

Indeed. 'Here's my high score, now beat it!' That kinda thing, good times.  happy.gif

J.K.B

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Boiker @ Oct 30 2006, 10:26 PM) View Post

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(J.K.B @ Oct 30 2006, 11:15 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That was in the preowned section and it was scratched up. It works though. It's a great game, I'm trying to make it last so I've only just started in the school.

Scariest past so far has gotta be the department store and the manequins, creepy as. Especially the bit with the flashback when they crowd around  ph34r.gif

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(J.K.B @ Oct 30 2006, 11:15 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Indeed. 'Here's my high score, now beat it!' That kinda thing, good times.  happy.gif

The manequins scared you? pussy! lol joke, i guess they were kinda scary, but i find it hard to get scared whilst playing games. i know i enjoyed the game more then you, as i paid £11 less.

Boiker

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(J.K.B @ Oct 30 2006, 11:32 PM) View Post

The manequins scared you? pussy! lol joke, i guess they were kinda scary, but i find it hard to get scared whilst playing games. i know i enjoyed the game more then you, as i paid £11 less.

It was the way they walk, its freakin madness. Awesome though. One time I walked into a room with like a display outside of it. When I came out there was a manequin there with this freaky little grin on his face leaning on a walking stick, I thought 'I don't think that was there before' then as soon as I said that in my head, he starts moving a hitting me with the stick. That scared the living crap outta me, but thats one of the reasons I like it so much, just little things that you think 'AWESOME'.

I think i've got 3 chapters left now. Then I gotta find a new game to play through. Any suggestions of an awesome game? Not Enchanted Arms, Dead Rising, GRAW, DOA4 or PGR3 as I have those already.
Pages: [1] 2