xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Chromehounds I Recomed It For Mech Fans Only  (Read 587 times)

Reaper527

• Archived User
Chromehounds I Recomed It For Mech Fans Only
« on: August 16, 2006, 08:28:00 AM »

first off, the multiplayer is amazing and there is tons of mech customization, this is definately a great game, although i agree the single player is a tad weak.

second off, do you expect to be taken seriously writing your "review" in all caps?

dabigdilla

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »

I have to say that the multiplayer is about the best on the 360 yet, despite the connection and menu issues (which happen to be common this gen, mind you).  While the single player is pretty weak, its a great way to learn all the intrinsics of using all the different types of hounds, plus earning parts.  and, its short enough to so its not excruciating to get thru, while still giving you points for completion.

but when you get online, thats where the fun is.  teamwork and communications have never been more abundant.  Nearly every type of hound has its strong and weak points, where small fast hounds have overtaken large slow ones, vice versa, and in between.  

tho the landscape is not the greatest, its not really the most important aspect of the game, but each hound is very detailed, lighting and effects of weapons fire are great.  theres a lot to this game.  a lot of hidden physical attributes to take into consideration, especially when you get to building your hounds....its almost endless possibilites, constant tweaking to get it just right.  half the time i'm online i spend building hounds, lol.  

to be honest, i'm not all that crazy about mech games.  i had MA 1 and 2, and hardly played them at all.  when the cromehounds demo came out, i thought it was garbage, but took a chance again and rented the full game.  now i am seriously considering purchasing it.

nickthegreat

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 06:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Aug 16 2006, 03:35 PM) View Post

second off, do you expect to be taken seriously writing your "review" in all caps?

or being called 50cent.... muhaha.gif

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 10:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(nickthegreat @ Aug 22 2006, 08:58 AM) View Post

or being called 50cent.... muhaha.gif

i was willing to overlook that, but he ignored my capslock comment since he posts in all caps on all of his posts on the forums still :-/ he even replied to this thread in all caps after i said something

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 08:58:00 PM »

Hmmm. may have to give this one a try - tried out the demo, wasn't real impressed but the multiplayer sounds enticing - I get sick of the FPS multiplayer - sometimes, takin it slower is more enjoyable.

sidewinder33

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »

just rent it and give it a try I have almost 160 hours of play in it. I have less time in Oblivion. I really enjoy this game, you just have to overlook some graphical shortcomings. mainly explosions and scenery, but the hounds are awesome. Its not for everyone though, I say rent it first to try it out.

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »

Just picked this up a few days ago... pretty much an awesome game - haven't really spent too much time on live as I'm tryin to unlock stuff to build a decent hound before I jump in - plus, I'm still searching for my headset after our big move...

Anyways, kudos to all
Rustmonkey

sidewinder33

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »

Just wait till you get online. I completed the offline game first then started the online part. I have spent so many hours in the multi its not even funny. Its a really fun game.