xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What's The Consensus? Chromehounds Good?  (Read 671 times)

CreziB

• Archived User
What's The Consensus? Chromehounds Good?
« on: July 19, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

I don't see anyone talking about this game really.  I think I read someone said don't bother buying this for the single player.  Is that true?  If multiplayer is awesome, then that would probably be worth it.  

So, what's up?

sidewinder33

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 10:24:00 PM »

I wouldnt call the single player sub par. I love every bit of this game so far, I cant wait to get all the weapons and other interchangeable shit so I can fully customize my mech biggrin.gif Im so glad I got this game.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 06:53:00 PM »

this games great, you'll be hooked if you play it on live just once.

sidewinder33

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »

For everyone who bashed this game rent it and play it on live its so damn fun, needs some graphical improvements, like crashed hounds, and terrain damage, but other than that I love this game. I'm so glad I got it. Worth every penny, and not to mention the weapons packs that sega promises to keep rolling out. It just gets better.

amb7247

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 08:30:00 AM »

yeah sega just came out with a small weapon, color and armor update recently.

sidewinder33

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 03:08:00 AM »

I have probably sat in the lobby tweaking my hounds for over 10 hours. I just cant stop making new ones. But at the same time I have over 65 hours of gameplay on it too. About 10 on the single player, and the rest fighting on live. Its such an awesome game. I really hope they can make a second installment of this game somewhat soon (next year or so) with some improved textures, thats about it, maybe a little more damage effects and less scripted building destruction. But honestly I dont even notice that shit when I'm in a battle, it would just be a nice addon. I love this game.

BiohazrD

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »

It's great if you can ever actually get into a game.

Oh, and if it doesn't fry your 360:
http://boards.sega.c...opic.php?t=1364

ShadowElitePro

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »

Im buying this today. I heard the online play is awsome! I cant wait.  tongue.gif

scbandit4

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »

bought it, runs fine, crappy single player but the best damn multiplayer EVER.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »

I love the game. Theres so much to do.

Online, youre basically fighting a real war. You pick one of the 3 countries and join a squad (like a clan) and fight in certain areas to try to take over enemy land or reclaim your own land. You can play against computer or human opponents. You can also do solo missions online to earn cash to buy mech parts, and you can do free battle against other human opponents, typical deathmatch, team deathmatch, etc. type stuff. And of course, theres the whole mech customization bit. Each country sells their own variety of parts with different traits. Its so great!

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 10:07:00 AM »

Wow, I just picked this up after hearing that the multi was great. I played only the first training mission and then went online. It takes a bit to get used to the online as it's got a few screens to learn, but once you've learned it it's easy. I'm fighting for the blue team (forget the name, but it's american) and joined a clan last night. People in my clan are great and helped me to learn a few things like setting my mech up, how to join clan games and such. Overall I had a really fun time with this last night. Unfortunatly we didn't get to fight any human players last night, but only CPU players (it was 12am EST when I started, so not the best time to find alot of ppl online).

Only dislike I really have about the game is the already mentioned explosions. The explosions look great and the fire is awesome, but the wreckage disappears in 2 seconds. Really, if there is alot of smoke when it's gone the destroyed mech is nowhere in site. Not a big thing, but they could definatly improve that.

Can't wait to get home and play this  biggrin.gif

Also thanks for giving this great reviews, I'm happy I picked it up.  wink.gif

50CENT1228

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 06:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(BiohazrD @ Jul 31 2006, 06:47 PM) View Post

It's great if you can ever actually get into a game.

Oh, and if it doesn't fry your 360:
http://boards.sega.c...opic.php?t=1364

wow did you see that list mof names wowowow

mad swej

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »

Well, If I were to give it a rating out of ten i would give it a 7/10

It is a good game, not stunning graphicly and there is one problem with the game.

It is very, very, very, very repetitive. You can play the story mode to get about 80+ good parts but the best way to do this is to join a squad and do the war.

Problem is its hard to find a good squad that wants you at a low rank. RANKS TAKE FOREVER TO GET UP!

Ranks are based on a merit system that uses points. You start out as a recruit and you need 1200ish points to get to a new rank. Sad part is in war mode you only get 25-35 points per round. Takes along time to get a level up.

Good aspects of the game are fun to customize your mech, but after you do war about 25 times you have enough money to buy every weapon part in all countries.

Overall a good game but not as fun to me as Armored Core was for the PS2

Well, If I were to give it a rating out of ten i would give it a 7/10

It is a good game, not stunning graphicly and there is one problem with the game.

It is very, very, very, very repetitive. You can play the story mode to get about 80+ good parts but the best way to do this is to join a squad and do the war.

Problem is its hard to find a good squad that wants you at a low rank. RANKS TAKE FOREVER TO GET UP!

Ranks are based on a merit system that uses points. You start out as a recruit and you need 1200ish points to get to a new rank. Sad part is in war mode you only get 25-35 points per round. Takes along time to get a level up.

Good aspects of the game are fun to customize your mech, but after you do war about 25 times you have enough money to buy every weapon part in all countries.

Overall a good game but not as fun to me as Armored Core was for the PS2