xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Chromehounds  (Read 1381 times)

sidewinder33

• Archived User
Chromehounds
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 12:48:00 AM »

THe explosions were a bit rigged but the hounds were awesome. I cant wait to take this baby online and customize the hell out of it. I really wish the levels were longer so I could shoot more stuff biggrin.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Chromehounds
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 07:34:00 AM »

i recommend people download the demo before buying the game. feels like a ps1 port. im not usually a hater but this game feels like crap and looks like crap. the enviroments just seem so fake!

Maverick0984

• Archived User
Chromehounds
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 07:46:00 AM »

it's crappy? damn....i don't have a gamertag from a different region, suprised it's available everywhere except USA and Canada.  If it is supposedly not the best, i feel i'll be too lazy in creating a silver account just for this ... i dunno.

is it in english then?

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Chromehounds
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 08:10:00 AM »

yes all of it is in english, menus, spoken intro.seems like it will be neat to customize the mechs but the game play and levels, ahhhhh.  the footsoldires just slide around on the ground while they walk. the mechs dissapear immediatly after you destroy them.  probably not a good idea for a mech to jump, but there is no jump or jets like in all other mech games. make sure you invert your controller before you start the game, once youre in you cant change anything.  the intros looked good but the game just feels dumb. i see no tactic playing online, just facing eachother and shooting.

LESTAT

• Archived User
Chromehounds
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 08:58:00 AM »

when have you ever played a tactical mech game.
a mech game is a FPS in a Mech............

too bad it feels lame,, it looked really good.
add another to the retal list i guess.
and add another reason why i am selling my 360..

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Chromehounds
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

im not talking stealth tactics, there has to be something more to it then just walking up to each other and shooting, slowly. dont give me the .......... treatment

LESTAT

• Archived User
Chromehounds
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Jun 29 2006, 10:23 AM) View Post
im not talking stealth tactics, there has to be something more to it then just walking up to each other and shooting, slowly. dont give me the .......... treatment

and i must ask again,,, what mech game ever was anything more than walk up to each other and shoot the hell out of your enemy ?
mecha assault was like that,,, all other mech games that i played , sure they had objectives and chromehounds is no different but its still an in your face, mad straffing, first person/3rd person shooter.
thats all they are.

but if its as bad as you say then thats too bad,, i was almost looking forward to this.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Chromehounds
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »

hey the demo is free, worth a try man. its just not innovative at all is what i guess i was trying to say. hi res mech, but the rest is garbage =)

sidewinder33

• Archived User
Chromehounds
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

You really have to try it for yourself. I liked it. the mechs disappearing after they are destroyed is cheesy but, the mech are high detail, and the gameplay seems like it will be fun online. You just have to try it before you make any judgments

jkh13

• Archived User
Chromehounds
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »

From what I played, it was really really dull and boring, like a really crappy version of mechwarrior (pc). The action is really slow and doesn't have any impact, the weapons boring and the missions uninteresting. Also the HUD could be improved alittle as they could have a reticle when zoomed out in the upper center of the screen so it is easier to glance at. The worst bit however where the graphics, they look pretty sometimes but the explosions and destruction looked pants and everybody knows that the massive explosions and blowing apart of mechs makes mech games what they are. Very disapointing, I was looking foward to this. I think the only thing that could possible save this is the online stuff with the customizing.

gordita37

• Archived User
Chromehounds
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »

I dont see the demo unsure.gif

jkh13

• Archived User
Chromehounds
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »

Its not available in the US or Canada

gordita37

• Archived User
Chromehounds
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2006, 05:32:00 PM »

yeah I just read that sad.gif anyone know when it hits US?

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
Chromehounds
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2006, 03:57:00 AM »

well I almost have the soldier achievement, and even thought the games graphics do look a little cheesy the game is kidof fun.

I especially like being a sniper

alsybub

• Archived User
Chromehounds
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2006, 05:01:00 AM »

I hated this game. It sucks. You always know a game is shite when you start to just walk about aimlessly because the task are so dull. It reminded me of Armored Core 2 with the really bland level design and sparse landscape.

Luckily I kinda guessed it would be like this. Kind of a shame though, I had my eye on it just in case it was a nice surprise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3