xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Chrome Hounds  (Read 668 times)

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Chrome Hounds
« on: May 30, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

The plot reminds me of Steel Battalion: Line of Contact, but not the same without the controller... I may end up getting this game... I heard you could have different classes of "Hounds" like sniper, assault, etc....

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
Chrome Hounds
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »

Didn't Steel Battalion have that controller that resembled Caterpillar control panels? I'd like to see more games come with game specific controllers to better experience the action.

Staple

• Archived User
Chrome Hounds
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 10:38:00 PM »

I <3 mech warrior i hope they make another for 360 this game looks promising thou sega has been off there mark lately

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Chrome Hounds
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Legendary Badass @ May 30 2006, 05:09 PM) View Post

Didn't Steel Battalion have that controller that resembled Caterpillar control panels? I'd like to see more games come with game specific controllers to better experience the action.

Yea... the game(s) were pretty cool... it was just sometimes a pain to get everything out to play... $200 was a bit high for a game and a controller though.. so if they did come out with specific controllers for games I'd like to see them cheaper... (I was lucky enough to score mine on ebay for cheap)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Chrome Hounds
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 12:00:00 PM »

i really can not wait for the game either.  while it does remind me of steel battalion, it also reminds me of the saturn classic gun griffon.  that game was great for its time and now the versions on ps2 and xbox are below par IMO.  too bad chromehounds got delayed though even further just today though  dry.gif

http://www.gamersrep....com/news/2758/

jimjom

• Archived User
Chrome Hounds
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »

omg! that sucks ass!! damn you MS. quit fucking delaying EVERY game. Goddammit! Seriously, I dont think I have ever seen so many delays for one console, in one year, this is getting ridiculous.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Chrome Hounds
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 12:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(jimjom @ May 31 2006, 02:12 PM) View Post

omg! that sucks ass!! damn you MS. quit fucking delaying EVERY game. Goddammit! Seriously, I dont think I have ever seen so many delays for one console, in one year, this is getting ridiculous.

i think you need to calm down and think, for once.  MS has nothing to do with what SEGA delays.  the publisher, in conjunction with the developers, decide what is delayed and not.

secondly, this should have been expect by everyone.  with the vastly different architectures of the ps3/360 we should be expecting way more delays then ever before.  things that were safe in coding before will grind the game to a hault now, and the whole process needs to be revised.  the deeper a dev team dives in a project the more they can find out is possible and want to add more or they can come up with more problems and take a closer look into finding out the solution.  

either way, i have been waiting for this game as well but at least i know where to point the finger

CattyKid

• Archived User
Chrome Hounds
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(jimjom @ May 31 2006, 04:12 PM) View Post

Think about it... the more time they spend on a game (for the most part):
1) The better the graphics will be
2) The tighter the controls will be
3) The smarter the AI will be
4) The better and smoother online play will be
5) The more interesting cutscenes/missions may be

So, all in all... I'd MUCH rather have a game come out 6 months later and have it be better than coming out 6 months earlier.  For the amount of money we are paying for games... I think it's sometimes GOOD to see them set back release dates.  They might not be satisfied with what they have done and just want to make it better.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Chrome Hounds
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ May 31 2006, 03:40 PM) View Post

Think about it... the more time they spend on a game (for the most part):
1) The better the graphics will be
2) The tighter the controls will be
3) The smarter the AI will be
4) The better and smoother online play will be
5) The more interesting cutscenes/missions may be

So, all in all... I'd MUCH rather have a game come out 6 months later and have it be better than coming out 6 months earlier.  For the amount of money we are paying for games... I think it's sometimes GOOD to see them set back release dates.  They might not be satisfied with what they have done and just want to make it better.

Can't back you on those because of what we saw with RB6:Lockdown... I'm just hoping vegas will be better... sucks I have to wait longer for chromehounds... I was looking foward to it and a friend was going to have to buy it for me as his part of a deal... mad.gif

Staple

• Archived User
Chrome Hounds
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

All in all if they need mroe time on a game DONT FUCKING HYPE IT UP A YEAR IN ADVANCE PERIOD

mad.gif

jimjom

• Archived User
Chrome Hounds
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 03:08:00 PM »

Yeah.. I am game for waiting if the game actually needs the development. it's just stupid they are like "HEY THIS GAME IS COMING OUT IN A WEEK. NOPE, TWO. A MONTH. THREE. A YEAR!"

CattyKid

• Archived User
Chrome Hounds
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(sp3cialk @ May 31 2006, 06:22 PM) View Post

Can't back you on those because of what we saw with RB6:Lockdown... I'm just hoping vegas will be better... sucks I have to wait longer for chromehounds... I was looking foward to it and a friend was going to have to buy it for me as his part of a deal... mad.gif

Wel I can't say you are wrong there.  Some games begin as bad and end as badm even after delays.  But some get a lot of improvement in the several months that they are set back.

All in all if they need mroe time on a game DONT FUCKING HYPE IT UP A YEAR IN ADVANCE PERIOD

And, ahh.... the hype.  Don't even get me started.  An AMAZING game can be hyped SO much that it doesn't seem so great when you play it because the hype made you expect even more.... and it can only give SO much.  You can take the best game ever, hype the hell out of it... and IMO to a lot of people it won't seem that good anymore.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Chrome Hounds
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 07:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Staple @ May 31 2006, 05:04 PM) View Post

mad.gif

promoting a product is not hyping it up.  usually hype comes from the consumers and not the publisher, yes a publisher will gloat about features and graphics and the game in general but its usually the public who will believe the game will make their bed, serve them breakfast, and bring world peace.  a game especially like chromehounds hasnt had enough coverage so it should get more hype IMO.  this game was announced at last year's E3, what less do you expect then a company to promote their product, not hype, promote.

QUOTE(jimjom @ May 31 2006, 05:15 PM) View Post

Yeah.. I am game for waiting if the game actually needs the development. it's just stupid they are like "HEY THIS GAME IS COMING OUT IN A WEEK. NOPE, TWO. A MONTH. THREE. A YEAR!"

to be shocked by this trend in game development only means you know little of the game industry.  games get delayed, it happens, problems can come up any second, nothing we could do about it.  either get used to it or waste time and energy bitching about it.

QUOTE(CattyKid @ May 31 2006, 10:44 PM) View Post

Wel I can't say you are wrong there.  Some games begin as bad and end as badm even after delays.  But some get a lot of improvement in the several months that they are set back.
And, ahh.... the hype.  Don't even get me started.  An AMAZING game can be hyped SO much that it doesn't seem so great when you play it because the hype made you expect even more.... and it can only give SO much.  You can take the best game ever, hype the hell out of it... and IMO to a lot of people it won't seem that good anymore.

i agree entirely that too much hype can kill a good game *cough* halo 2 *cough*, but with some exceptions, i believe its the publics main fault for jumping on the hype train.  yes sometimes publishers will exagerate their game in a heat of passion or fear of bad sales but there is a difference between a company like sony promising the world with a system and a developer saying "were planning on doing this and the game will be awsome because of this".  

take GoW for example, Cliffy said that the game has been hyped up beyond whats possible but i dont think this can be blaimed on MS or epic.  They have said or done nothing besides show gameplay footage, talk technology, explain features, and express what they want to do with the game.  I think the game is hyped and rightly so, but it may be a bit close to the tipping point where if it was hyped any more people would start running wild with unrealistic expectations.  its only good business to show the world why they should be excited for something, but its our fault if we assume beyond reality.

squarejawhero

• Archived User
Chrome Hounds
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 07:24:00 AM »

@Kage - the inverse is also true. See Oblivion. Although they never directly said any of the features they showcased would be in the game (the famous Radiant AI demo) the did show those tech demo's and - although beautiful - many were suprised at the difference from the early shots to the finished build. Unreal 2 was another victim of its own hype - self generated I might add... those photoshopped pictures are still pretty ridiculous. wink.gif