xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: System Link 4 360's, One Unmoded Can't Find The Other 3 Modded  (Read 660 times)

Modify_inc

• Archived User

I have four 360's, and three of them are modded, and then I have one unmodded 360 for Live.  Well today I had a few buddies over, and we decided to try system link.  The problem is all the Xbox’s see each other, except for the one, and it's the unmodded one.  Not sure what the problem is, it's all on the same network, same submask, gateway, etc.  It connects to the Xbox Live with no problems, and shows an open NAT.  I have tried rebooting, and other minor things with no success.  I tried creating game from the other xboxs and it can't see them either and vice versa. There is nothing listed under join, it is empty and refresh does no good. The only thing I can assume is that the developers have figured away to distinguish between a modded Xbox and ones that’s not and thus won't let them see each other.  Now I know that sounds crazy, but I have no clue why this is not working. Then again I think that theory is not sound, b/c one of the Xbox’s has the latest Lite Touch so they shouldn't be able to tell its modded.
Can anyone confirm they can play system link between a modded Xbox and stock Xbox playing COD 4: MW?

Update: Just thought of something it could be that the Retail xbox is a later version since it can update through Live and the other three are not up-to-date hence why the retial can't see the others.  I will test this, version 1.4.647.0 is the latest I believe.

This post has been edited by Modify_inc: Apr 24 2010, 10:07 PM

Modify_inc

• Archived User
System Link 4 360's, One Unmoded Can't Find The Other 3 Modded
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 03:28:00 PM »

Well that seems to be the issue.  The Live console COD 4 is version 1.4.647.0 and the other three are 1.0.557.0.  So the next question is how do you update the others without Live? I tried taking the hdd from the Live console and putting it on the other, and it worked great, but when I removed the Live hdd and put the other hdd back on, it didn't transfer anything which I really didn't think it would, so back at 1.0.557.0.

How does one update COD 4 without Live.  Can you download it to disc and install it, that would be nice.  I can't believe they want let you just download freely from Live, updates and other small pacthes that games require.  I mean it's connected to the interent already, just let it download what the game needs and be done with it.

This post has been edited by Modify_inc: Apr 24 2010, 10:28 PM

Haruno

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 05:11:00 PM »

Put the modded box's hdd on the live box and then get the update.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to find a way to put the file on the hdd yourself.

thesonandheir

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 01:54:00 AM »

Yes, System link will not work if the xboxes do not have the same latest title update (TU)

You will have to put the correct TU in the Cache folder on the HDD

parker955

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »

Or what you can do is delete all the system updates so you will all have the same version.

Just clear your system cache and it'll get rid of all updates.