xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Accuracy  (Read 624 times)

gsx1000r02

• Archived User
Accuracy
« on: July 28, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »

Ok so I am still new here on cod4. I am having trouble with accuracy on any weapon. But watching some of the other guys playin and wonder if there is any mods that they are using. It seems that they lock on too easy, I dont see how it is that I can drop a whole mag into someone, not kill them and they turn and lock on to me and drop one or two shots and I'm dead. I dont know if there is any adjustments that I can make to tweak my controller. I know the rapid fire mod. I have tried to make the changes that cod4 allows in their settings but nothing seems to work. Is there any tweaks that I can do, how can I improve my accuracy? It gets real frustrating sometimes.

D3m0n1k

• Archived User
Accuracy
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »

I know this is going to sound lame and arrogant, but all I can say is practice.
No matter what your do to "tweak" the settings you still MUST have a steady hand (er...finger?) and fast trigger response.

As for the rapid fire mod, yeah, they work, and they suck.
Anyone who uses that mod is a loser and that is why they use it.

majinsoftware

• Archived User
Accuracy
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 05:30:00 AM »

Havnt played COD4 online but check what your ping is, if you can.
Having a bad connection to the party will make you a walking target.

NineLime

• Archived User
Accuracy
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »

Yeah, switch controls to tactical, and try either 1 or 3 sensitivity. buy geltabz from gamestop. get headphones and amplifier to hear enemies before you get snuck up on, run on a wired connection, grab a hot glue gun and do this external trigger mod http://diy360control...rigger-mod.html that helps you shoot faster.

Play on free for all a lot and get good then go on team games and try to go at at least a 2:1 ratio or go back to free for all. Check call of duty 4 central for tips, and check my fps tips blog in my sig for a more  detailed view of what you should be doing right.