xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Do A "system Link"  (Read 611 times)

cariboulou

• Archived User
How To Do A "system Link"
« on: April 23, 2008, 03:31:00 PM »

Got 2 360s linked together via 75ft ethernet cord, but when I choose system link on each console, neither can see each others game?  One console I select to create game, and the other one I selected to join game but I dont see the game in the system link screen.  WTF!!

StriderX7

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 06:35:00 AM »

Are you sure its a crossover ethernet cable?

Nosf3ratu

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 07:18:00 AM »

Do you have your console set to DHCP in network settings. That could make a difference.

cariboulou

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »

ok. figured it out that I had one console with an updated version with hdd, and the other console had no hdd so both games werent same version, since one had been updated through xbox live.  Now that I downgraded version by cleaning cache on hdd....both consoles see each other but can only play one player per console.  Is that the way the game just is?  On halo3 its 2 vs 2 with a split screen on each console.  Does anyone know if cod4 can do this also?

xxMPWATERDAWGxx

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »

Unfortunately COD4 does not have guest play as in Halo 2 &3, or the previous COD games.   This is very sad sad.gif

360 Flashing-UK

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 03:04:00 PM »

The lack of guest game play is an obvious shortcoming of a great game.

I have always considered xbox live game play to be ample for my game play needs. [Must have a good host] Although I have only system linked once it was enjoyable but the proximity of your opponent leads to dishonest game play.

I did not have any problems with settings or Ethernet cables and I think that system link gaming is enjoyable and removes the excuses and problems of lag and latency