xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: COD4 storage issue clarified: HDD not required  (Read 435 times)

Logi7

• Archived User
COD4 storage issue clarified: HDD not required
« on: July 23, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »

uh
storage is always required unless you plan on finishing it in 1 sit down

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »

Yup, memory cards are great.  Can't put a lot of downloadable maps on there but hey.

no0b123

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 09:45:00 PM »

I think it's stupid to come out with an expensive machine and not have a storage device. The price for a Core system and a memory card (512mb) is $350. But if you spend $400, you can have the system and 20GB of storage. Isn't the extra $50 worth an extra 19.5GB of storage? Plus like what Heet said, you cant have DL maps and stuff on a memory stick anyhow.

Lordscr

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »

I noticed it too but realized that it didn't require an "HDD" because it said "storage device" not "HDD".

People get worked up over the littlest things, it wasn't like a press release that said that you required a Hard Drive.

FCTE

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 11:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(no0b123 @ Jul 23 2007, 11:21 PM) View Post

I think it's stupid to come out with an expensive machine and not have a storage device. The price for a Core system and a memory card (512mb) is $350. But if you spend $400, you can have the system and 20GB of storage. Isn't the extra $50 worth an extra 19.5GB of storage? Plus like what Heet said, you cant have DL maps and stuff on a memory stick anyhow.

The core system is an awesome cheaper replacement for RRoD consoles, probably serves no other purpose, probably why they are hard to find now........RRoD and bans.  laugh.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 12:16:00 AM »

Well I thought there were other games that required storage so I think that statement maybe be wrong, or I am I can't remember which games they were.

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 05:36:00 AM »

^true, stop spending monies on silly memory cards.... get a HDD.

bassquake

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 05:46:00 AM »

maybe ms should really start thinking about doing hdd only games and lose the core. that way games can properly take advantage of the hardware as constantly streaming off the dvd cant be good and limits possibilities.

jus my 2c.

BasicAir

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(no0b123 @ Jul 24 2007, 05:21 AM) View Post

LOL, that's the whole point. It's a win-win situation for Microsoft. If you decide to spend the extra $50 for the Hard Drive, they make more money. If you decide to stick with the Core (with or without a memory card) then they make more money, too.

Business models, such as that of the Xbox 360, are designed to MAKE MONEY. Not to make it fair and logical whether you decide to buy this console version or that one.

no0b123

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 01:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(BasicAir @ Jul 24 2007, 09:34 AM) View Post

LOL, that's the whole point. It's a win-win situation for Microsoft. If you decide to spend the extra $50 for the Hard Drive, they make more money. If you decide to stick with the Core (with or without a memory card) then they make more money, too.

Business models, such as that of the Xbox 360, are designed to MAKE MONEY. Not to make it fair and logical whether you decide to buy this console version or that one.

True Dat.

bassquake

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 11:04:00 AM »

the only thing i see that could work is if they do a bundle...like $100 gives u any newgame requiring storage and a 20gb hdd....now that would be sweet....and then mark that time as the drop on game prices back down to $50

That would be pretty sweet, but...

I do wonder how many core owners finally gave in and got a hd shortly after buying the core. Took me a week till I gave in and got one, though I was lucky and got one cheap rather than the ridiculously overpriced one in the shops (from the UK: costs £70 = ~$140).

Its impossible to make use of the 360 without it really. No demos to download from Live and no backward compatibility to original xbox games without it. And damn, its small. Only 20gb  blink.gif

rooter75

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »

the storage issue is stupid MS should just do what "yourMom" said because she is smart!:P if they did do something like that and allow all future games to take advantage of Hdd, along with a price drop to get competitive with nintendo, not to mention making gold live subscriptions free they would rule the next decade easily...and now i wake up from my daydream back to reality.

pingrr

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(rooter75 @ Jul 25 2007, 05:15 PM) View Post

the storage issue is stupid MS should just do what "yourMom" said because she is smart!:P if they did do something like that and allow all future games to take advantage of Hdd, along with a price drop to get competitive with nintendo, not to mention making gold live subscriptions free they would rule the next decade easily...and now i wake up from my daydream back to reality.

I don't ever see the gold live service being free.  It is just to much of a money maker.  Live is an exelent service and I am more than happy to shell out 50 bucks a year for it.