xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is This Cheating?  (Read 548 times)

OFD

• Archived User
Is This Cheating?
« on: March 03, 2007, 02:27:00 AM »

Are the so called ranked 'Points Matches' considered cheating?  I reckon it must be borderline...

How is everyone standing around racking up 500-800 points in a match not cheating?

The thing I don't get is, why do it?  What does boosting your ranking do when all that's going to happen is you'll be matched with guys who'll towel you day and night? ph34r.gif  tongue.gif

OFD

• Archived User
Is This Cheating?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 01:45:00 PM »

... Was in another of these last night, and I was curious about how much 'points match' affected your ranking, so I collected my 180 points for returning the flags... and it didn't raise me a ranking point!

Makes me think that you'd have to do this a fair bit to make any difference to your rank.... Which makes this even lamer than I thought!!

My g/f thinks I waste too much time on the 360 already, Imagine how shitty she got with 15 mins of "Return our flag", "Flag has been returned, defend it"!!!!! hahahahahaha  tongue.gif

^^^ 24k flag pick ups... JEEEEEZUSSS!!  I hope he/she had done all their homework and chores before doing all this!!! lol

OFD

• Archived User
Is This Cheating?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 01:56:00 PM »

Two more glitches/cheats that I have seen being used in ranked matches:  grr.gif

1.  You can get on the rooftops of the central buildings in the "rue de whatever" level (the one with the 3 level building in the middle that you can climb on the roof, burning tank at one end), and it's pretty hard to get them

2.  In Poisson, there are the two buildings at the edge of the map (Axis CTF flag base).  If you look back towards the centre of the map and the building to the right of the fountain.  There seems to be a glitch that you can look through the ground floor wall in the corner.  I watched a guy just snipe the base in a match, and I wasn't able to shoot him through the wall.  I was near the tank spawn point (near the hay bails).  I unloaded 2 clips at him with the BAR with no kill.  He bailed before I could get around the back of the building to see if he was vulnerable from the other side (behind).

Glitches are fun in player matches with friends.... But I hate ranked match cheaters!!  Ruins it for everyone...

^ That may in fact have been 3 cents worth!! tongue.gif  biggrin.gif